oochymp

The Country Thread

I really hate it when he tries to do slow songs. He's better with upbeat stuff or slow songs akin to "My List."

Those I've Loved by Eric Church

great song by a great artist, not a whole lot more that needs to be said

Luke Bryan--Take My Drunk Ass Home

great song by a great artist, not a whole lot more that needs to be said

Luke Bryan--Take My Drunk Ass Home

Haha shit. We all been there. I love this guy's voice. He records some genuinely good songs.

Good to Go by Jason Aldean. I been giving him a lot of shit in this thread, but I do actually like his first album. Full of good, genuine songs. Now he seems to care about the cowboy image that we all can see right through.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Haha shit. We all been there. I love this guy's voice. He records some genuinely good songs.

Good to Go by Jason Aldean. I been giving him a lot of shit in this thread, but I do actually like his first album. Full of good, genuine songs. Now he seems to care about the cowboy image that we all can see right through.

I've never been a big fan of Jason Aldean, not sure why, just something about his voice kinda grates on me, he does have some good songs, and that one is pretty good, but I can only take him in limited doses

Darryl Worley--Sounds Like Life to Me; I prefer Craig Morgan's version, but this one's pretty good too and Worley actually made a video for it, plus, there's a Titan cameo (can you spot it?)

I've never been a big fan of Jason Aldean, not sure why, just something about his voice kinda grates on me, he does have some good songs, and that one is pretty good, but I can only take him in limited doses

Darryl Worley--Sounds Like Life to Me

I've always liked Worley's songs. I wish he recorded and released music more often.

Leave My Willie Alone by Eric Church

:p

I've always liked Worley's songs. I wish he recorded and released music more often.

Leave My Willie Alone by Eric Church

:p

funny but awesome song, you really can't go wrong at all with Eric Church. Carolina is one of the few albums I feel I can listen to start to finish and love every song.

This song I feel describes a lot of what I'm going through right now

Edited by sweetness34

funny but awesome song, you really can't go wrong at all with Eric Church. Carolina is one of the few albums I feel I can listen to start to finish and love every song.

This song I feel describes a lot of what I'm going through right now

Stand by Rascall Flatts

Though many criticize them for being more of a pop group than country group, I actually don't mind them at all. Good song.

When You Come Back to Me Again by Garth Brooks. Great song from the soundtrack of an underrated movie.

Doesn't get much better than that.

Always liked Kenny. Not one of my FAVORITE songs of his, but not bad at all.

Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville

Always liked Kenny. Not one of my FAVORITE songs of his, but not bad at all.

Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville

Yeah I'm not huge on country music, but I've got a artists I like, and he's one of them.

BUMP. Good song. A little overrated but that's OK.

I dunno, I normally like his songs, but I'm just not feeling that one.

Edited by Sarge

I dunno, I normally like his songs, but I'm just not feeling that one.

Long Black Train by Josh Turner

I actually really like this song, because it's before they overproduced the hell out of his voice. He sounds so damn fake now. No man has that voice.

My Kind of Music by Ray Scott

I actually really like this song, because it's before they overproduced the hell out of his voice. He sounds so damn fake now. No man has that voice.

My Kind of Music by Ray Scott

Good tune about how difficult it is to be with a girl if you don't agree in any way on one of the most basic things: music.

The Man I Want to Be by Chris Young

Some recent stuff I've been listening to:

Bleed Red - Ronnie Dunn

Heart Like Mine - Miranda Lambert

Without You - Keith Urban

Alcohol - Brad Paisley (not new, just been listening)

Call me mainstream, but whatever. Country isn't my forte. I mean I listen to it, but I listen to rock more.

Some recent stuff I've been listening to:

Bleed Red - Ronnie Dunn

Heart Like Mine - Miranda Lambert

Without You - Keith Urban

Alcohol - Brad Paisley (not new, just been listening)

Call me mainstream, but whatever. Country isn't my forte. I mean I listen to it, but I listen to rock more.

Some good songs, dude. No worries. This is just a country thread. It doesn't have to be lesser known country. Anyway, the format of this thread is comment on the prior poster's song and then post your own. It's a lot of fun.

Country Must be Country Wide by Brantley Gilbert

One of my favorite "new" country songs (you know of the last 15 years)

Bware, this has gone far enough. You can't be a music elitist while being an admitted cowboy-hat-wearin', truck-drivin', side-o'-yer'-mouth-talkin', COUNTRY FAN.

I'm not trying to hate or anything I'm just saying what I think: Most, not all, of these new country guys just all sound the same to me. They all seem to have this fake cowboy image and accent. All their songs sound almost exactly the same. If I didn't know all these videos were from different artists I'd think they were all from the same guy. Of course, I'm exaggerating a bit but they all have the same beat, accent and songs. They sing about prison and tractors and whatnot but I bet none of them have ever served real hard time. The old outlaw country was the real deal, most of them had been to prison and they lived the lifestyle that most rock bands live now. I'd say Metallica is more like The Charlie Daniels Band than Garth Brooks or all these other new guys. Again, just what I think.

Anyways, to stay on topic:

There's one thing we all know about Charlie Daniels Band: Man, can they play.

Here's a new guy I've been listening to lately. This song is badass.

Bump :p go back to page 6 and listen to the newest song.

Great song by an underrated artist. He's openly stated he doesn't care about any kind of image, that he's just into recording great songs.

Here's another track from Dustin Lynch.

I don't think I know who Dustin Lynch is, but that song was pretty fucking great. Seriously loved it from start to finish. Hits close to home.

"The Man I wanna Be" by Chris Young is the song that got me back into country music. I know that it has been posted, so here is another one of my favorites by Young: The Dashboard.

This is a great song on a great album. It's the only CY album I have and I love it. The guy's voice is absolutely incredible.<--Also, completely agree on The Man I Want to Be. That's one of my favorite country songs of the 2000-2010 decade.

Here's the final track on Eric Church's newest album, Chief. It's quite possibly one of the best songs he's ever recorded.

Edited by BwareDWare94