oochymp

The Country Thread

Here's the final track on Eric Church's newest album, Chief. It's quite possibly one of the best songs he's ever recorded.

great song from a great album from a great artist, I saw him in concert a couple weeks ago, the guy can put on a show

here's one of my favorite recent videos:

great song from a great album from a great artist, I saw him in concert a couple weeks ago, the guy can put on a show

here's one of my favorite recent videos:

Justin Moore- Bait a Hook

Justin Moore is a lone voice for guitar driven honky tonk country. While I do think he hams up the twang a bit too much, I can listen to either of his albums from beginning to end with relative ease. The guy is a tremendous songwriter.

Here's a 90's song that makes me yearn for the music of the 1990s all over again, mostly because I can practically hear Gin Blossoms influence in the arrangement.

Here's a 90's song that makes me yearn for the music of the 1990s all over again, mostly because I can practically hear Gin Blossoms influence in the arrangement.

good song, not one I'd heard as I didn't listen to much country in the '90s, but definitely good

here's another recent song, one of the best videos I've seen in a while

good song, not one I'd heard as I didn't listen to much country in the '90s, but definitely good

here's another recent song, one of the best videos I've seen in a while

OK song but agree that the video is great. I've been remarkably underwhelmed by Bryan's new album. It's so boring.

Here's a song that had me believing in Luke Bryan before finding out he'd gotten pissed when a 92 year old security guard at the venue I work at (Alerus Center in Grand Forks) didn't know who he was. Judd, we'll call him, asked to see identification from LB because he had no idea who he was and LB just ignored him. Judd asked him again and the same thing occurred. Judd hollered for the next guard to "stop that man" and LB turned around, asking, "You want to see my fuckin' badge?" Then he pointed at his own face on the big banner going up behind the stage.

Oh, and he also walked right off the stage and out of the building, taking no time for fans.

Anyway, to the song.

I'm kinda surprised to hear Luke Bryan was such a prick, but he still has some damn good music, the one you posted is one of my favorites

here's a new one from one of the legends, he's gotta have a new cd coming out but I haven't seen a release date:

Alan Jackson--long way to go

I'm kinda surprised to hear Luke Bryan was such a prick, but he still has some damn good music, the one you posted is one of my favorites

here's a new one from one of the legends, he's gotta have a new cd coming out but I haven't seen a release date:

Alan Jackson--long way to go

This is a catchy little number that I am quite fond of.

Here's a band from the Texas Alternative Country scene. I've only heard this one tune, but it sure is good.

Here's a band from the Texas Alternative Country scene. I've only heard this one tune, but it sure is good.

that's good, I haven't heard of that group, and don't know a lot of Texas Country, but what I've heard I like, here's one of my favorites of the sub-genre:

that's good, I haven't heard of that group, and don't know a lot of Texas Country, but what I've heard I like, here's one of my favorites of the sub-genre:

That's a great tune, one I've heard on CMT Pure quite a few times. God, I love CMT Pure, and it's on my basic cable package.

Here's a live video of the reason Jason Aldean's hit it big in the last couple of years. This is Brantley singing the very first song of his that Aldean cut. It was a bonus song on Aldean's Wide Open album.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Here's a live video of the reason Jason Aldean's hit it big in the last couple of years. This is Brantley singing the very first song of his that Aldean cut. It was a bonus song on Aldean's Wide Open album.

I saw Brantley Gilbert in concert a couple weeks ago (he was opening for Eric Church, I don't get to that many concerts :p ) and I was really impressed, I'm not a real big fan of Aldean so I was kinda skeptical because of the similarities, but I'm definitely becoming a fan of Gilbert

I'm gonna go with a bit of a throwback, but definitely a classic:

Edited by oochymp

I saw Brantley Gilbert in concert a couple weeks ago (he was opening for Eric Church, I don't get to that many concerts :p ) and I was really impressed, I'm not a real big fan of Aldean so I was kinda skeptical because of the similarities, but I'm definitely becoming a fan of Gilbert

I'm gonna go with a bit of a throwback, but definitely a classic:

Well...that was irritatingly catchy as fuck.

This is honestly one of the saddest songs I have ever heard (I know it has been played out, but still), I am not sure if it was posted already or not.

Some pretty poignant lines in the song too;

"Who would have thought forever could be severed by the sharp knife of a short life"

"A penny for my thoughts? Oh no, i'll sell them for a dollar, they're worth so much more after i'm a goner."

Well...that was irritatingly catchy as fuck.

This is honestly one of the saddest songs I have ever heard (I know it has been played out, but still), I am not sure if it was posted already or not.

If I Die Young by The Band Perry

Some pretty poignant lines in the song too;

"Who would have thought forever could be severed by the sharp knife of a short life"

"A penny for my thoughts? Oh no, i'll sell them for a dollar, they're worth so much more after i'm a goner."

And indeed, sir, you did post some of the best lines in the song. Here's my favorite line: "Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket. Save 'em for a time when you're really gonna need 'em."

Here's a great stomper I've become addicted to of late.

And indeed, sir, you did post some of the best lines in the song. Here's my favorite line: "Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket. Save 'em for a time when you're really gonna need 'em."

Here's a great stomper I've become addicted to of late.

I love Randy Houser, his songs are what country is meant to sound like.

Also a big Trace Adkins fan.

Also a big Trace Adkins fan.

I'm a huge fan of Trace, I really can't think of any songs by him that I don't like, You're Gonna Miss This is one of his better ones, definitely one of my favorites among his serious songs

here's one of my favorite songs, but one of my least favorite music videos, mainly because he could have done so much more with it:

I'm a huge fan of Trace, I really can't think of any songs by him that I don't like, You're Gonna Miss This is one of his better ones, definitely one of my favorites among his serious songs

here's one of my favorite songs, but one of my least favorite music videos, mainly because he could have done so much more with it:

I won't lie, Trace almost lost me with "Honky Tonk Badonk a donk" or what the fuck ever that song was called. It almost turned off country music altogether.

I love "Watchin' Airplanes" but doesn't seem to have gotten the recognition that it should have.

Here is another one my favorites (I think every country song may be one of my favorites):

Here is another one my favorites (I think every country song may be one of my favorites):

I'm right with you on that second note, and Nichols is awesome, with that song near (if not at) the top of my list as far as his songs go

I didn't like Honkytonk Badonkadonk at first, but it's definitely grown on me, you just have to accept with Trace that there's gonna be at least one song on each of his cds that is not to be taken seriously

ok, this one stretches the definition of country a bit, but it's the crossover hit that got me into country, and it's got a damn good video, so I'm posting it anyway:

I'm right with you on that second note, and Nichols is awesome, with that song near (if not at) the top of my list as far as his songs go

I didn't like Honkytonk Badonkadonk at first, but it's definitely grown on me, you just have to accept with Trace that there's gonna be at least one song on each of his cds that is not to be taken seriously

ok, this one stretches the definition of country a bit, but it's the crossover hit that got me into country, and it's got a damn good video, so I'm posting it anyway:

Catchy little tune that could have used more of McGraw, but he just kind of harmonized.

Here's a non hit by Eli Young Band, who I also believe are part of Alternative Country movement outta Texas.

I'll be at work all day tomorrow, so if this thread keeps going and staying alive, I'm all game. Keep postin, boys.

Catchy little tune that could have used more of McGraw, but he just kind of harmonized.

Here's a non hit by Eli Young Band, who I also believe are part of Alternative Country movement outta Texas.

I'll be at work all day tomorrow, so if this thread keeps going and staying alive, I'm all game. Keep postin, boys.

Not the biggest fan of The Eli Young Band, but that song was actually pretty good.

I remember when I felt this way about a woman: Lee Brice- A woman Like You

I remember when I felt this way about a woman: Lee Brice- A woman Like You

Lee Brice is awesome, and that song might already be my favorite of his

here's an artist I don't think got enough attention, this isn't my favorite of his songs, but the video has a great cameo:

Keith Anderson--XXL

Lee Brice is awesome, and that song might already be my favorite of his

here's an artist I don't think got enough attention, this isn't my favorite of his songs, but the video has a great cameo:

Keith Anderson--XXL

Love this tune. And I agree on Keith Anderson.

Here's one of my personal favorite voices in country music. Man, this guy can sing.

Love this tune. And I agree on Keith Anderson.

Here's one of my personal favorite voices in country music. Man, this guy can sing.

Craig Morgan is awesome, and that song is one of his best, I'm pretty sure he has a new cd coming out this week

I'm listening to Blake Shelton right now, so I'll post one of his, good song but definitely one of his best videos

Craig Morgan is awesome, and that song is one of his best, I'm pretty sure he has a new cd coming out this week

I'm listening to Blake Shelton right now, so I'll post one of his, good song but definitely one of his best videos

Great song by a great artist.

Here's an excellent new song by David Nail. You can practically hear Phil Vassar (co-wrote the song with Scooter Caruso) in the combination of piano and vocals.

Here's an excellent new song by David Nail. You can practically hear Phil Vassar (co-wrote the song with Scooter Caruso) in the combination of piano and vocals.

great song, great cd, great artist, not sure what more can be said

here's one of my favorite duos, the single from their latest cd:

Edited by oochymp

great song, great cd, great artist, not sure what more can be said

here's one of my favorite duos, the single from their latest cd:

Montgomery Gentry- Where I Come From

I've actually preferred them to Brooks and Dunn for the last 10-12 years.

Here's one of my favorite songs of the last couple of years.

I've actually preferred them to Brooks and Dunn for the last 10-12 years.

Here's one of my favorite songs of the last couple of years.

That song really hit home with me about the time it came out, since I was dealing with my own attempted suicide. I honestly have a hard time even listening to the song.

This is one of the very first country songs I remember hearing. I used to love hearing it on the radio when riding down to Myrtle Beach with my grandparents for our summer vacation each year.