SteVo

2011 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

First auto-pick of the draft. wohoo! :D

First auto-pick of the draft. wohoo! :D

Maverick was too busy posting shirtless pics of himself all over the internetz

Cardinals just locked up the NFC West in 2011

I shoulda jumped on this on 2nd thought, Seahawks not lookin too good in here.

Edited by BC

Cardinals just locked up the NFC West in 2011

The Rams have gotten a lot better doggie, and the Rams have a QB. Bradford has Gilyard, Avery, Amendola, and Rudolph and will dominated. The Rams offensive tackles and Center are set. They just added a very talented and complete guard in Pinkston. They added an elite CB, addressing their biggest defensive weakness. The Rams are the shit.

The Rams have gotten a lot better doggie, and the Rams have a QB. Bradford has Gilyard, Avery, Amendola, and Rudolph and will dominated. The Rams offensive tackles and Center are set. They just added a very talented and complete guard in Pinkston. They added an elite CB, addressing their biggest defensive weakness. The Rams are the shit.

You act as if I am supposed to be impressed by that group of scrub wideouts.

wide receivers don't mean all that much. Nice to have, but only if you have all the other pieces in place.

wide receivers don't mean all that much. Nice to have, but only if you have all the other pieces in place.

And we are all putting pieces in place through this draft, are we not? lol... And after the pieces are set, I would much rather have a Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston over a Scrub 1 and Scrub 2.

TRADE NOTE: The Raiders are considering offers to trade down from the 81st overall pick.

I shoulda jumped on this on 2nd thought, Seahawks not lookin too good in here.

They have their future QB and while taking a CB or another safety in the 2nd would have been better, their D-line does need help. Would say its been a good draft for the Seahawks so far. If only they didn't trade that 3rd to SD for Whitehurst :rofl:

And we are all putting pieces in place through this draft, are we not? lol... And after the pieces are set, I would much rather have a Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston over a Scrub 1 and Scrub 2.

Avery and Gilyard are both second round picks. I'm not ready to call them scrubs at least until we see them play with Bradford instead of a broken down Bulger with no offensive line in front of him.

not to mention Danny Amendola is a slot machine, and Danario Alexander showed great down the field ability... the Rams don't need to hurry and grab a receiver when they need to replace OJ Atogwe, get some youth on the DL to replace James Hall and Fred Robbins, and continue building up the offensive line.

not to mention Danny Amendola is a slot machine, and Danario Alexander showed great down the field ability... the Rams don't need to hurry and grab a receiver when they need to replace OJ Atogwe, get some youth on the DL to replace James Hall and Fred Robbins, and continue building up the offensive line.

They looked mediocre at best, and that was throwing 60 times per game.

probably a bigger issue if you need to throw 50 times a game with a rookie QB than wide receivers.

probably a bigger issue if you need to throw 50 times a game with a rookie QB than wide receivers.

How does that prove there are other needs? If you are relying on your QB, and in fact, your WRs that often... every game. You would be led to believe it was a strength, or that the Rams could get it done through the air. *looks at rams roster, record, and stats*... Nope. Not a strength... and they didn't get it done. :shrug:.

The argument isn't whether WR is their biggest need or not. It's whether the Rams are in need of a WR in the draft. Passing on a big WR in round 1 is no problem... But if Sean doesn't come away with a receiving threat outside of Rudolph, I think a big opportunity is going to be missed.

A WR that is actually... well... Good will make that offense better 10 fold. He will help Sam Bradford develop, he will take coverage away from the other, less talented WR occupying the rams roster, and he would be a big time, consistent weapon for the Rams to look to. When you have scrubs playing with other scrubs, defenses can take more chances with blitzes and not worry so much about coverage falling apart or being gashed. I have no faith in Danny Amendola and Danario Alexander to lead the charge.

Good role players, nothing more.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Good teams don't need to throw the ball so much. You throw when you're down, and run when you're up. If you're throwing the ball so many damn times, focuses on the pieces that make your team better and less likely to feel forced to sling it.

Good teams don't need to throw the ball so much. You throw when you're down, and run when you're up. If you're throwing the ball so many damn times, focuses on the pieces that make your team better and less likely to feel forced to sling it.

Your Super Bowl Champion is a prominent thrower of the football. As is your Champion from a year ago. Both teams have run games that compliment their passing game. Now.. I am not saying it can't be the other way around. Because, surely it can. But just because the Rams threw more, doesn't mean that WR isn't a need.

Edited by Favre4Ever

WR is never so urgent that it needs to be addressed early.

Very good pickup by R2D.

Thanks DMac RB seems to be very underrated in this draft. Williams should replace his surname sake and produce well for the Dolphins.

No BC you would make some dumbass bs move

WR is never so urgent that it needs to be addressed early.

Again.. I am not arguing that the Rams need to take a WR in Round 1... or even Round 2. I have been very steadfast in that stance. If there is a guy who Sean thinks is a great value later on, I am eager to see what he has in store. But neglecting WR all together would be a mistake.

Lame discussion is lame.

• Upvote 2

Rod Smith was a UDFA, Donald Driver was a 7th rounder, Welkah was undrafted, Colston was a 7th rounder, Wayne Chrebet was undrafted...

Neglect works.

Lame discussion is lame.

I liked your Brandon Burton pick... :p

Rod Smith was a UDFA, Donald Driver was a 7th rounder, Welkah was undrafted, Colston was a 7th rounder, Wayne Chrebet was undrafted...

Neglect works.

There have been successful WRs early and late. There have been bust WRs early and late. Let's not waste time making pointless lists, which would get us nowhere.