Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Adrian Peterson Compares His Job To "Modern-Day Slavery"

Hell, if being a "slave" means I get paid $10mil year for 16 weeks work, where the fuck do I sign up?!?

Sheeit, I'd take league minimum for 10 years, and be a career backup's...backup. "You want more water? sir! yes sir!"

What a Towel

I wish I was a slave. :shrug:

Boy no fucking kidding.

Eagles FB Leonard Weaver is the latest player to come out in support of Adrian Peterson's comparison of the NFL to "modern-day slavery."

"We love [the fans] very much, but at the same time we need to see some equal opportunity here and stop treating us basically like Adrian Peterson said, like slaves," said Weaver. We understand that NFL players, among the most competitive people on the planet, are lashing out verbally due to frustration. But this preposterous comparison needs to stop. NFL players aren't slaves. They're human capital, part of the labor force, and subject to the employers' rules.

Source: CSN Philly

http://www.csnphilly.com/03/23/11/Weaver-apologizes-on-Twitter-for-slavery/landing_eagles_loud3r.html?blockID=468014&feedID=704

A day after Leonard Weaver said he agreed with comments made by Vikings running back Adrian Peterson comparing the NFL’s business model to “modern-day slavery,” the Eagles’ fullback has issued an apology on Twitter.

Speaking with CSN’s Derrick Gunn on Tuesday, a clearly heated Weaver said the NFL needs to “stop treating us basically like Adrian Peterson said, like slaves.”

“I first want to apologizes for the bad choice ode words (sic), and using the word slavery,” Weaver said in a tweet Wednesday morning.

In posts to the social networking site, Weaver said he believes he “came off the wrong way,” and expressed regret for the comments he made and those whom he disappointed.

“Now, that I have seen [the televised interview], I will say that it was hard for me to watch and after thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that I represented my family, friends and organization the wrong way,” Weaver tweeted. “I'm sorry for those words I used and if I offend anyone, please forgive me.”

In addition to Weaver and Peterson, Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has also made comments comparing the NFL’s current labor model to slavery. All three players are among the highest-paid at their position.