Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Kevin Burnett calls Roger Goodell a liar

For the most part, all the talks surrounding the labor negotiations have been a hodgepodge of he said this and he said that. It’s been pretty impossible to try and figure out who is telling the truth, how much of it each person is telling and to pick a side as the owners and players have been locked in a stalemate. After listening to this interview with San Diego Chargers linebacker Kevin Burnett, I don’t know that I have a better idea of who to believe most, but I do know that I’ve finally heard a player actually say something that’s entertaining and a strong opinion. Burnett says NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is full of it, that he is a liar and that he doesn’t have the best interest of the players in mind. He also calls the commish out for being too much on the side of the owners where former commissioner Paul Tagliabue had the players’ backs.

Source: SportsRadioInterviews.com

Direct quote from Burnett:

Holy shit. This fuckin' guy FTW!

co-sign.

Yeah, Tag was 1000x better than Goodell

Very true words.

See, this is why the players are going to lose. Unless you're a player rep, shut you're fucking mouth. Most NFL guys are idiots and a lot of them have no god damn clue as to what is going on (see Antonio Cromartie, Adrian Peterson, rashaard Mendenhall). The NFLPA needs to send out a memo to all players telling them to keep their mouths shut, stay off the radio, stop talking to bloggers and writers.

Notice the only owners you hear are guys like Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft, Pat Bowlen, etc. They muzzle the idiots like Al Davis and Bill Bidwell etc.

This guy is not FTW. I guarantee you he hasn't a fucking clue what the NFLPA is even fighting for on his behalf. He sounds like a macho testosterone driven idiot who is gonna wonder why he cant remember his name when he';s 30 from all the concussions and can';t walk up his stairs. To say the game hasn't improved is pure ignorance. Yeah, there's some things that piss us all off but this guy is worried about his wallet at age 25 and obviously doesn't see the bigger picture or worry about his future past tomorrow.

And to further show his ignorance, it's not ROGER GOODELL who makes these changes. It's the fucking Competition Committee which is made up of former and current players and coaches!!! Ya know, guys who have "played the game." Again, unless you are a player rep who knows what the hell is even going on here, just shut your fucking mouth.

Edited by FSUViking
  • Upvote 2

Great interview. I loved it. It's a guy speaking his mind, and I have no problem with it. He even managed to make a decent point here and there in his angry shpeel. Even if you don't agree with what he's got to say, he has the right to say it. That's the whole point of the media—as well as sites like this. He's mad as hell, and he's not going to take it anymore—at least not quietly.

Edited by B-isforBowe

Great interview. I loved it. It's a guy speaking his mind, and I have no problem with it. He even managed to make a decent point here and there in his angry shpeel. Even if you don't agree with what he's got to say, he has the right to say it. That's the whole point of the media—as well as sites like this. He's mad as hell, and he's not going to take it anymore—at least not quietly.

Amen to that. Let's hope it doesn't come back and bite him in the ass. :)