Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Dez Bryant Banned From Local Mall

If Dez Bryant wants to do some shopping, he’s going to need to do it on the Internet or somewhere other than the NorthPark Center Mall.

Bryant has been banned from the mall for three months after he was issued a criminal trespass warning, according to the Dallas Morning News.

It seems Bryant and some members of his entourage created a disturbance when they were asked to exit the mall and … get this … pull up their britches. According to the report, Bryant and his posse had their underwear showing, leading an off-duty Dallas police officer to issue the warning.

Bryant was confrontational and originally refused to leave. Here’s the kicker: It’s not the first time Bryant has had issues at the mall. He had a “major disturbance” at the P.F. Changs and also caused a problem when he attempted to cut in line at the Apple Store. He’s also been cited for parking in the fire lane at the mall.

If the repeated incidents are accurate, it sounds like Bryant might have a little growing up to do. Surely, a mall doesn’t want to keep a high-profile athlete away.

Sorry this constitutes news this time of year. :/

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dez-Bryant-banned-from-a-Dallas-shopping-mall.html

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Dez Bryant's adviser, David Wells, disputes a report that the Cowboys wideout received a criminal trespass warning in at a Dallas mall last Saturday.

"I was an actual witness to the fact that there was no citation or verbal warning issued to Dez Bryant at NorthPark on Saturday in my presence," Wells said. "Furthermore, Dez was not one of the guys wearing his pants low." Bryant also told ESPN Dallas' Calvin Watkins that he's not banned from the mall and that it was all a misunderstanding. We've already given this non-story more attention than it merits.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

He wasn't banned.

Banned, suspended. Call it what you like. But when you get a trespass warning, it means you aren't welcome. Unless you aren't just nitpicking definitions and backing up what Fart said, that it actually never happened to begin with.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The Pants on the Ground video was a good added touch to the OP, J-Dizz....

Guest Durant4MVP

Banned, suspended. Call it what you like. But when you get a trespass warning, it means you aren't welcome. Unless you aren't just nitpicking definitions and backing up what Fart said, that it actually never happened to begin with.

No, I meant he was not banned/suspended/barred from going back to the mall for any period of time. That was a false report.

No, I meant he was not banned/suspended/barred from going back to the mall for any period of time. That was a false report.

feel free to link us. have you used the internet before?

edit:

here's something saying he's an idiot and is, in fact, banned:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/03/23/dez-bryant-has-spent-his-offseason-invoking-ruckus-in-the-name-of-saggy-pants/

Edited by GA_Eagle

It was on the radio or I probably would have, smartass. Did it occur to you that the blog post you linked cites THE SAME FUCKING SOURCE about the 90 day ban from the mall that's in the OP? DERP.

It's a false report and what actually happened was explained on 103.3FM today.

Still don't believe you. find some proof. I don't get 103.3FM. or at least its not likely to be the same station. Otherwise all I've got is you saying you heard something. I did a quick search and didn't find anything but I don't have time to research your point for you.

• Upvote 1

Guest Durant4MVP

lol seriously? Why are you trying to turn this into a debate? I was just disputing the report that he was banned based on what I heard on the radio today. I really don't care what you believe. I'm not defending Dez here - the kid acts like an immature moron pretty often. This isn't the first time. If everyone on TGP heard the kind of reports from 103.3FM and 103.1AM as often as we Dallas residents do you'd probably dislike Dez more than you already do.

Edited by Durant4MVP

I kinda :wub: GA, in a non-homoerotic male fist pump sorta way....

That is all....

lol seriously? Why are you trying to turn this into a debate? I was just disputing the report that he was banned based on what I heard on the radio today. I really don't care what you believe. I'm not defending Dez here - the kid acts like an immature moron pretty often. This isn't the first time. If everyone on TGP heard the kind of reports from 103.3FM and 103.1AM as often as we Dallas residents do you'd probably dislike Dez more than you already do.

Perhaps if you hadn't been all secret squirrel with your first two posts in this thread this never would've happened.

Think of how much better it wouldv'e been received if you'd said, "I heard on the radio that the report is false, fwiw" and maybe gave some details, instead of coming off as if you're the authority on all things related to this story, but not providing us with anything else.

If you don't come off as a doucher people won't treat you like one. Well except Sarge :shifty:

Edited by GA_Eagle

Guest Durant4MVP

If you don't come off as a doucher people won't treat you like one. Well except Sarge :shifty:

The irony is getting thick in here. You've acted like nothing but a douche for uh...no reason.

A NorthPark Center spokesman said Thursday that the mall agrees with a Dallas police report detailing actions taken against Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant, but he stopped short of declaring that the player is banned from mall property.

Dallas police have said that Bryant is banned from the shopping center after mall security issued an oral criminal trespass warning to Bryant. The report stated that Bryant launched into a profanity-laced tirade when off-duty police officers working security at NorthPark asked him and his friends to pull up their pants.

"As far as we're concerned, that is the official legal record and we don't have any dispute with what's in the report," said David Margulies, NorthPark's spokesman.

On his Twitter account, Bryant has denied that he is prohibited from being on mall property and said he plans to return. David Wells, an adviser to Bryant, also insists that Bryant had never been banned from the mall.

Now get off my balls.

How about Dez grows up and starts hanging out with something other than hoodlums?

• Upvote 1

How about Dez grows up and starts hanging out with something other than hoodlums?

Repped.

All Dez Bryant did here is prove that he's an overprivileged douche bag now. If he didn't even have his pants "low", then why was he the one carrying on and cussing out off duty cops? IF YOU WEREN'T DOING IT, HE PROBABLY WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, YA JACKASS!!!

P.S. Get you're car out of restricted areas, stop yelling at grownups for being grown up, and pull your fucking pants up.

Dez Bryant took to his Twitter account on early Saturday morning to apologize for his recent incident at a Dallas area mall.

"To all my fans I apologize for what's been going on," he said. "The situation is behind me...moving forward to this upcoming year." Bryant has refuted reports that he's been banned from the mall, but that makes it odd that he's now issuing an apology. Either way, it's a non-story, and he will be fine for 2011 as long as he stays out of the spotlight for the duration of the lockout. Source: Dez Bryant on Twitter

Who cares. It's not like this mall is where he plays ball.

This is a bigger story than it needs to be. Offseason is to blame.

You realize that a lot of NFL players are just hoodlums who can play football really well, right? That means their friends are all hoodlums. Nature of the game.

Who cares. It's not like this mall is where he plays ball.

This is a bigger story than it needs to be. Offseason is to blame.

I kind of agree. We need to make Jolly's arrest a bigger story than this. Why? Because it is a bigger story than this.

I love how this is turning into a debate over whether or not Dez has actually been banned/suspended from a mall. Is it really worth arguing over?

And you, my friend, are being an ass.

Guest Durant4MVP

I kind of agree. We need to make Jolly's arrest a bigger story than this. Why? Because it is a bigger story than this.

Not when you play in Dallas. You walk on the wrong side of the aisle at the grocery store here and it'll be a story.

And you, my friend, are being an ass.

You're right. my apologies to D4MVP. It wasn't really a debate about if he was banned or not as much as my issues with cryptic posts, went about it the wrong way apparently I was in an assy mood.

• Upvote 1