SteVo

Andy Dalton will be a 1st round pick

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer believes that TCU quarterback Andy Dalton will be a first-round pick in April's draft.

Dilfer also thought Sam Bradford would be a bust last year. "One of the reasons why he hasn't generated as much momentum and hype is because what personnel and coaches do at this time of the year when they've kind of settled on who they want, they're going to shut up about that guy," said Dilfer. "You'll hear a lot of good stuff about (Ryan) Mallett in the next couple weeks because they want to use him as a smoke screen." Added Dilfer, "I will not be wrong here. ... I'll be shocked if I'm wrong. Andy Dalton will be taken in the first round."

Source: 710 ESPN Seattle

:facepalm:

What is this i don't even

• Upvote 1

I like hearing Dilfer's analysis of the game, but he has absolutely no merit when it comes to analyzing future draft prospects...

Dalton will be one of the successful quarterbacks out of this draft, but there's no way he'll go in the first round. Is he potentially better than both Newton and Gabbert? Yeah, but so is Ryan Mallet, but he'll be drafted after them too.