Sign in to follow this  
Turry

"Tony Romo should have to beat out Jon Kitna for the starting job this year."

Cowboys backup TE Martellus Bennett believes Tony Romo should have to beat out Jon Kitna for the starting job this year.

"Marty B" is never afraid to think outside the box, but Cowboys fans should count themselves lucky that he doesn't have a say in the offense. Romo is fifth among active starters in completion percentage (64.1), first in passing TD percentage (5.7), first in yards per attempt (8.00), and third in passer rating (95.5). Kitna is a fine backup, but he's a game manager with an inability to make plays down the field. There's no QB controversy here. Romo is locked in as the starter, and Kitna knows it. Related: Jon KitnaSource: ESPN Dallas

No.

Even if they had a QB competition. I imagine Romo winning it fairly easily and without much effort. The only thing Kitna can gain out of this would be embarrassment.

Who really cares what Martellus Bennett thinks? This would only be news if it was coming from Witten.

Edited by FartWaffles

There's definitely some merit to this statement to me anyway. The team really came together around Kitna last year.

There's definitely some merit to this statement to me anyway. The team really came together around Kitna last year.

I'm sure if you polled the Cowboys that it wouldn't even be close. Remember Romo suffered his season-ending injury before Wade Phillips was fired. The team really came together under Jason Garrett.

Says the guy who's going to be our third string TE and probably traded or cut.

Edited by BwareDWare94

ESPN Dallas' Calvin Watkins confirms that "there is no way in the world" the Cowboys would hold a competition between Tony Romo and Jon Kitna for the starting job.

"That's like saying the Cowboys should open up the competition at outside linebacker for the job currently held by DeMarcus Ware," said Watkins. That quote says it all. It's ridiculous to suggest that a 39-year-old, weak-armed Kitna would push Romo, owner of a 39-22 record (63.9 percent) as a starter. Related: Jon KitnaSource: ESPN Dallas

Guest Durant4MVP

Says the guy who's going to be our third string TE and probably traded or cut.

This x100000.