None

Left Fielders

Nyjer Morgan - Team Option

Center Fielders

Dan Lindsay - Contract Renewable

Right Fielders

None

Key

Contract Renewable - The player does not have enough MLB service time to be eligible for salary arbitration. The team may renew his contract at any price greater than 80% of his salary from the previous season.

Arbitration Eligible - The team has until December 1st to submit an arbitration offer or the player will become a free agent.

Team Option - The team may pick up the player's option for the following season or decline it, making him a free agent.

Any free agents without a term next to them are unranked free agents. The team has until December 1st to submit an arbitration offer, which the player may accept or reject and become a free agent.

Highest player progression again! Holy fucking shit Chance is gonna TAKE THE REST OF THE MLB'S TACOS.

Trolls Free Agent Strategy

Our general strategy will be the same as last year. Any free agent who's in the minors is most likely leaving because they'll want a decent sized paycheck; to replace them, I'll sign a scrub to a dirt-cheap deal. The only ones I'm interested in re-signing are the ones with high potential (and could give us depth in the majors in the future) or the ones who are still fairly young and can be had without dishing out too much dough.

Starting Pitchers

Paul Maholm: Release. He's 30 and may want more money than he's worth. Our biggest priority on the market this year is to find a fifth pitcher.

Tom Gorzelanny - Arbitration Eligible: Release. Also 30 and will probably get the arbitrators to side with him if we took it that route.

Jason Davis: Release. Age 32 and barely good enough to contribute when we expand the rosters in September.

Paul Dumatrait: Release. Age 31; his time has come.

Russ Ohlendorf: Release. Age 30. See above.

Ty Taubenheim: Release. Age 30. See above.

Yoslan Herrera: Release. Age 32. See above.

Relief Pitchers

Tyler Yates: Release. Even though his stats haven't decreased that much for being 35, we have prospects that are ready to step in and take his place.

Edmund Sherwood - Contract Renewable: Re-sign/Renew contract. A good B-potential prospect who will be our 6th bullpen guy in 2014 (7th if you count the closer).

Denny Bautista - Arbitration Eligible: Release. He's 32 and we need to save roster space for the two rookie relievers we drafted.

Tyrell Beavers: Re-sign. He's only 23, so we can get him cheap.

Closing Pitchers

None

Catchers

Jerome Crouch - Contract Renewable: Re-sign/Renew contract. This kid's a beast, and a great 2nd catcher to have. A lot of power and very good defensively.

Dante Gale: Re-sign. He's only 24 and saves us the trouble of having to sign another cathcer.

1st Basemen

Tanner Garrett - Contract Renewable: Re-sign/Renew contract. Say hello to the best pinch-hitter in baseball. Garrett hit .323 in 133 ABs last year. Oh, and he's only 23. We need to keep this kid around.

2nd Basemen

Eddy Cramm: Release. He's fairly young, but we drafted a guy who will take his spot.

Shortstops

Adrian Bautista - Contract Renewable: Re-sign/Renew contract. Only 24 and a B-potential prospect.

Callix Crabbe - Release. A good defensive player but he's 30. His time has come.

3rd Basemen

None

Left Fielders

Nyjer Morgan - Team Option: Exercise option. His stats haven't decreased, including speed, his best asset. He'll still be our primary pinch-runner off the bench in 2014.

Center Fielders

Dan Lindsay: Release. He's 28 but we don't need his services.

Right Fielders

None

MOVE TO PITCHER PLEASE =D

MOVE TO PITCHER PLEASE =D

No.

• Upvote 1

Aha! Forget about this? It's okay, so did I. So how best to get back into the swing of things? Well, I figured instead of posting offseason updates one by one, which I know you guys don't care about, I've gone ahead and completed the offseason. The only change to our 25-man roster is that after releasing Paul Maholm, the Trolls have signed Andres Galarraga. He will be our 5th pitcher in a rotation that will steal many many tacos. Here is our franchise outline heading into the 2014 season. Expect the season thread to be up shortly.

Trolls2014.png

:troll:

:troll: :troll:

:troll: :troll: :troll:

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Don't you mean Armando Galaraga?

Um...yes. Sorry. :D

Also, I can't figure out what the hell to do with our lineup. Everybody's stats are so identical. The only thing I know for sure is that Mav is leading off because he has the highest contact/speed combination. After that I'm thinking it'll adjust throughout the year based on how people are doing. So no matter who you are, if your player comes out batting .400 in April, hello clean-up spot.

Um...yes. Sorry. :D

Also, I can't figure out what the hell to do with our lineup. Everybody's stats are so identical. The only thing I know for sure is that Mav is leading off because he has the highest contact/speed combination. After that I'm thinking it'll adjust throughout the year based on how people are doing. So no matter who you are, if your player comes out batting .400 in April, hello clean-up spot.

Suck it, teammates. :grinno:

Edited by Maverick

I have a high clutch rating so I probably shouldn't hit lower than 6th.

I have a high clutch rating so I probably shouldn't hit lower than 6th.

Since everybody's contact/power are so alike, that's what it will probably come down to. Clutch/plate discipline/plate vision. Should be interesting to see how it all comes together.

I was owning people last year, I better be batting early. :D

I'm the first baseman so I get a spot in the middle by default.

I'm the first baseman so I get a spot in the middle by default.

Your guy was batting like .240 last year. GTFO :p

corn-1.gif
  • Upvote 1

Updates coming on Monday when I return to T-Town.

11agz9j.jpg