Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

2011 NBA Playoff Discussion

Well folks its that time of the year again, the NBA playoffs are here. Two months of head to head match ups until we crown an NBA champion. Here is a look at this years playoff bracket:

http://espn.go.com/nba/bracket

Some of the more interesting matchups IMO are Orlando vs ATL, Thunder vs Denver and Dallas vs Portland. If I had to pick an earl upset I'd say Portland over Dallas although I doubt it happens.

Anyways, this will be an ongoing thread until we have a 2011 NBA champion. Good luck to your teams if they made it unless of course you root for the Knicks ;)

Edited by KiLaSix9

Other than the Portland series, I really can't see any of the lower seeded teams in each matchup winning their series.

Other than the Portland series, I really can't see any of the lower seeded teams in each matchup winning their series.

Yeah I'd have to agree with that.

Let's go Lake Show! :corn:

I could see Denver beating OKC and New York beating Boston. I wouldn't bet on any of them, but Denver's post-melo trade record can't just be a fluke and as much as anthony and stoudemire have flaws, they also have the capability to single-handedly win any game.

I mentioned that in another thread about Denver. Since the trade they are playing excellent team ball, have a physical presence inside and are also sort of overachieving. They can easily upset OKC and another team in round 2 before they 'cool down'.

Let's go MAGIC!

:beerchug2:

I think the Nuggets have played well but I just don't think they match up well with OKC.

The Miami Heat are gettting swept and the Cavs are winning it all.

Bulls

Hawks

Celtics

Heat

Spurs

Thunder (winning the West this year)

Lakers

Blazers

The Sixers are going to pull the upset and I am going to enjoy it.

:D

Anybody but the Heat win it all and I'll be a happy guy. I'd rather not see the Lakers or Celtics win another one, but I have no reason to dislike them other than the fact that they win all the time. So here's to some good basketball. :beerchug2:

• Upvote 1

The Sixers are going to pull the upset and I am going to enjoy it.

:D

Anybody but the Heat win it all and I'll be a happy guy. I'd rather not see the Lakers or Celtics win another one, but I have no reason to dislike them other than the fact that they win all the time. So here's to some good basketball. :beerchug2:

If Boston gets eliminated, I'll cheer for anyone except LA and Miami.

Phoenix all the way.... Oh wait.

Rooting for Chicago or OKC.

Taking New York Knicks, Denver Nuggets and Portland Trail Blazers for the upset.

Denver may make a run.

Why are people picking Denver to beat Oklahoma City? Kendrick Perkins is going to handle Nene and Durant and Westbrook are going to own the series. C'mon, folks.

Damn, Jason Kidd was on fiyah last night. Six treys!

Also impressed by how Atlanta beat on Orlando and I love that Indiana came to play ball. Most people expected a 4-game series blowout yet they almost won yesterday. They did however show their true talent in the final 3 minutes of the game.

And D-Rose again, WOW. I can't believe one of our members said he was overrated. LOL.

Jameer and Dwight played great, but everyone else fucking sucked it up last night. :facepalm:

Is it about time we start considering Derrick Rose an elite player in the NBA?

Last night was great were out to the 1-0 start. Though Dwight raping us was not pretty.

Upset Sunday huh?

Memphis over San Antonio and New Orleans over LA. Denver is playing a hell of a game right now too.

Too bad NY couldn't get the upset. :wink: Ray Allen #WINNING!

• Upvote 1

Upset Sunday huh?

Memphis over San Antonio and New Orleans over LA. Denver is playing a hell of a game right now too.

Too bad NY couldn't get the upset. :wink: Ray Allen #WINNING!

Going to Game 2 on Tuesday!

A crazy Sunday for sure. I would expect the Spurs to bounce back along with the Lakers. The Thunder-Nuggets game was crazy last night, how do 2 players score 2/3rds of the points? Somebody else needs to step up and help the Thunder or the Nuggets are taking the series.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I watched a bit of the fourth quarter of the Thunder game. Why wasn't Perk on the floor?

I watched a bit of the fourth quarter of the Thunder game. Why wasn't Perk on the floor?

I don't know when you tuned in but he was on the floor for the better part of the final minutes. In fact, he is the one who made the now controversial illegal touch inside the basket that gave OKC the lead.