Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

2011 NBA Playoff Discussion

The Sixers are winning the series. One game down, three to go.

Boston with the sweep. Showing the Bulls and Heat how its done. No surprise here that they look like the best team in the East in the playoffs once again.

Boston with the sweep. Showing the Bulls and Heat how its done. No surprise here that they look like the best team in the East in the playoffs once again.

:party:

Best team in the east is lookin like the Hawks tonight

Hawks look impressive. Never would of thought they'd be up on Orlando 3-1. However, tonight was a close game and aside from the short comeback attempt New York made in the 4th, Boston straight dominated them two games in a row on their court.

The Hawks should have swept the Magic and their wins should have been by a lot bigger margin. No chance are they better than the Celtics and will probably get beat by the Bulls next round.

Atlanta might be Chicago in the second round. We need to start talking about this team.

Atlanta could very well beat Chicago. They should have closed out the Magic awhile ago as it is. They're flying under the radar this year but they could very well be a threat.

Guest Durant4MVP

Chris Paul against LAL: 23/15/13 - Holy shit.

Best team in the east is lookin like the Hawks tonight

They're definitely not looking better than Boston...Orlando is just awful. Howard can't carry that team on his back in the playoffs like he can the regular season.

Boston isn't looking that good...NYK just looked like shit. Everybody but the Pacers and Sixers would have swept them in four.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Defensively they've been great. They have been shooting effectively and more importantly every star has stepped it up. Oneal has been the key and with Miami in the next round we won't need a big man in Perkins.

If Boston plays like they have the last two games, they will be in the Finals.

With Jermaine O'Neal starting at center?

Nah, y'all need the Shaq daddy back.

With Jermaine O'Neal starting at center?

Nah, y'all need the Shaq daddy back.

Against who? Big Z? Eric Dampier?

Please...

Against who? Big Z? Eric Dampier?

Please...

Someone will need to challenge Wade and 'Bron at the rim, and they'll take it to Jermaine.

Guest Durant4MVP

Someone will need to challenge Wade and 'Bron at the rim, and they'll take it to Jermaine.

They have Nenad Krstic to do that... :rofl:

In all seriousness though, who in Miami is going to stop Rondo?

Edited by Durant4MVP

They have Nenad Krstic to do that... :rofl:

In all seriousness though, who in Miami is going to stop Rondo?

Rondo is self-check from the perimeter.

So......Memphis is up 3-1 in the series on the Spurs and just blew them out.

I only know this because my friend is a Grizzlies fan.... :facepalm:

Rondo is self-check from the perimeter.

Thats what NY thought...

Can't believe it but looks like San Antonio is done. I have a hard time seeing them win 3 in a row at this point. If they are eliminated, that could end a reign of dominance as I think they'd have to reshape the team.

Thats what NY thought...

Can't believe it but looks like San Antonio is done. I have a hard time seeing them win 3 in a row at this point. If they are eliminated, that could end a reign of dominance as I think they'd have to reshape the team.

Oh ya, the Spurs dominance is over for now but they do have a bunch of young guys waiting. Looking at the roster they have somebody new waiting to take the lead when the Big Three do call it quits.

This season the new scheme of pushing the breaks and going for 3s just killed them. Parker has been too wild during the breaks and has turned it over way too many times, while the 3pt shooting this playoff series has been horrendous. If the Spurs did knock down their shots, they would be up 3-1 instead of the other way around. They just need to get defensive again and pick up a PF as I do not see Blair making it as a PF, rather see him at SF.

I actually see San Antonio coming back to win. It sucks, but I happen to think it's in the cards and will play out that way.

I hate to be a downer, and I hate San Antonio, but I see it happening. :(

Oh ya, the Spurs dominance is over for now but they do have a bunch of young guys waiting. Looking at the roster they have somebody new waiting to take the lead when the Big Three do call it quits.

This season the new scheme of pushing the breaks and going for 3s just killed them. Parker has been too wild during the breaks and has turned it over way too many times, while the 3pt shooting this playoff series has been horrendous. If the Spurs did knock down their shots, they would be up 3-1 instead of the other way around. They just need to get defensive again and pick up a PF as I do not see Blair making it as a PF, rather see him at SF.

They have some talent but I don't see anyone replacing Duncan or Manu. Parker might not want to play in SA for much longer too.

Also, I wonder how much longer Pop wants to coach.

Guest Durant4MVP

I actually see San Antonio coming back to win. It sucks, but I happen to think it's in the cards and will play out that way.

I hate to be a downer, and I hate San Antonio, but I see it happening. :(

They're up 3-1 for the same reason I've said all along OKC would beat SAS in the second round: size and speed. Memphis is a big, physical, fast team and just about everyone on the roster can put points on the board. San Antonio is too small to compete with them.

They're up 3-1 for the same reason I've said all along OKC would beat SAS in the second round: size and speed. Memphis is a big, physical, fast team and just about everyone on the roster can put points on the board. San Antonio is too small to compete with them.

That's true. I've already said that SA is a fluke #1 seed, and if there ever was a fluke #8 seed, it's probably this Memphis squad. They'll play with OKC in the second round, my friend.

lol @ everyone on ESPN and sports websites talking about how "SA is bad now, they're doing everything wrong". Don't guess Memphis has had anything to do with this 3-1 lead, and it's all on SA just being bad now. People used Ginobili as the excuse for game 1, despite the fact that we're without our best/2nd best player in Rudy Gay, too.

It's a joke. Hope Memphis can keep this up in the 2nd round to prove everyone wrong(though I'm doubting it to be honest).

Guest Durant4MVP

That's true. I've already said that SA is a fluke #1 seed, and if there ever was a fluke #8 seed, it's probably this Memphis squad. They'll play with OKC in the second round, my friend.

Yep. That's probably going to be a 7-game series. Looking forward to it.