Bay

Ability to delete our own posts?

Recently my touch pad is having some problems causing me to double posts and it really is annoying to see the same exact post twice in a row. I can ask my good buddy Vindifference to delete them for me but i don't want to have to ask Vin to be my freakin' slave. That is not fair to him or anyone else. Sometimes others double post by accident but in my case it happens WAY TOO OFTEN.

Any way this can happen?

Thanks doggies.

• Upvote 2

Well you better keep working toward elite membership then. :p

In all seriousness, and I'm not trying to be a dick about this, but I don't like the concept of giving everybody the ability to delete their own posts just because one member is having trouble with his touch pad. Just my $0.02 though. :shrug:

Well you better keep working toward elite membership then. :p

In all seriousness, and I'm not trying to be a dick about this, but I don't like the concept of giving everybody the ability to delete their own posts just because one member is having trouble with his touch pad. Just my $0.02 though. :shrug:

No, that is a really great point and that is one reason I didn't want to start this thread. Vin talked me into it. :shifty:

Nobody can delete their own posts though.... So, what the fuck. lol. Mods probably can, but that's it.

There is a delete button on my posts but when I press it, it does jack shit. It's only purpose is to taunt me every time I double post. This issue has been brought up before, and it's gone by the wayside.

Time to step up and fix the issue.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Nobody can delete their own posts though.... So, what the fuck. lol. Mods probably can, but that's it.

There is a delete button on my posts but when I press it, it does jack shit. It's only purpose is to taunt me every time I double post. This issue has been brought up before, and it's gone by the wayside.

Time to step up and fix the issue.

I have the button as well, but it doesn't work for me either. No idea why...

But I also sorta agree with Stevo. I don't think everyone should have the ability to delete their posts. Otherwise you'd just have n00bs deleting all the dumb shit they say, and robbing us of the opportunity to make fun of them :p...plus it also takes away from the global mod position, as one of their primary functions is to keep the boards clean of double posts, spam etc.

• Upvote 1

the option works for me.

i just click the moderation tab and then when i'm asked do i really want to delete the post i just confirm and its done.

As a mod, it only works in your respective forum. At least for me.

I don't like the idea of deleting your own posts. One can easily delete some dumbass comment they made and then say they never said it. At least with edits, it shows when the post was last edited. For the few double posts or errors we get, the global mods can more than handle it.

As a mod, it only works in your respective forum. At least for me.

I don't like the idea of deleting your own posts. One can easily delete some dumbass comment they made and then say they never said it. At least with edits, it shows when the post was last edited. For the few double posts or errors we get, the global mods can more than handle it.

If we have been here long enough to gain "elite status", I think we can handle deleting our own posts.

And if, for example, I make a REALLY retarded post... More than likely someone is going to see it, quote it, etc. And me deleting it doesn't actually help anything. I will probably catch MORE flak for deleting. So it isn't like deleting a stupid post is like never posting it at all. If it's that bad, someone is gonna notice.

I do think that at least, the elite members and above should be allowed to self govern, in at least this aspect of the forum. I am not sure you are aware how annoying it is to make a mistake, and every time have to search for an admin or g-mod to fix such an insignificant problem, and one that would take two clicks to fix. TGP members can fend for ourselves, in some regards. The upper staff of TGP doesn't need to act like the American Government... babying us and degrading us beyond doing the utmost simplest tasks.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Elite members should definitely have that power...are there any elites besides F4E who cannot delete their own posts at all?

Man ive been elite since 2008 and that button never worked for me. I tried many times

I'm not elite, but when I was a forum mod it worked for me, even not in the AFC east.

The delete button doesn't work for me anywhere...even in the forums in which I have mod powers.

Bump.

So the delete posts still doesn't work. Shouldn't elite members have the ability?

I still don't get the reason behind not giving everyone the ability to delete their own posts.

Haha I remember this.

You still having the same problem, NaTaS? I just tried it with a separate account and it worked fine.

You still having the same problem, NaTaS? I just tried it with a separate account and it worked fine.

Multiple accounts? BANBANBANBANBAN.

Guest Phailadelphia

Why not allow everyone to delete their own posts within a certain timeframe. Ie. after 15 minutes you can no longer delete your post. That way people can delete their own double posts and whatnot but if they say something stupid by the time everyone sees it and starts quoting them they won't be able to go back and delete it. It's a win-win.

Bay you should delete all your posts. Bitch.