oochymp

Resignation

I'm posting this topic to make everyone aware that I will be resigning from my position as a Global Moderator. I'm starting Law School this fall and I don't think I will be able to maintain my current level of activity on the forums. I am also going to be going back to Philmont for my fifth summer on staff, so I will once again be disappearing in mid-May not to resurface until August. As such, I feel it's appropriate for me to resign. I have had a great time here over the last five years or so and I hope to maintain some activity, I just know I won't be able to maintain enough to justify a position on staff. My resignation will be effective April 30 and I will be leaving for Philmont on May 12. Upper staff is currently considering a replacement but has not yet come to a decision, a general announcement will be made once that decision is made.

For anyone wondering, I do still plan to participate in a fantasy football league in the fall, but I hope someone else can step up to commish the ESPN league. If anyone is interested in doing that just let me know, I've pretty much been re-creating the league every year so handing over the commish responsibilities won't take much.

Sir, it's been an honor. Glad you won't be leaving us completely, but I can only imagine the pressure Law School is going to put on you (and anyone in general). I do wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, hope to see ya around here when you can spare a minute, and would like to thank you for your service to TFP and TGP.

I can run the league for you, dude, if you don't mind doing in on Yahoo.

And thanks for all you've done. Oochy is an old school TFP/TGP'er. He's been around since the beginning. Sad to see you step down, but it's understandable given your situation. Best of luck to you.

Edited by BLUE

You're definitely one of the most knowledgeable members on this site man. Will without a doubt be a loss to TGP to see you go. But with that said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, both in and out of school. Thanks once again for your exemplary service to TGP.

As I said in the staff forum, it's been great having you on staff and it was a pleasure working with you. Your contributions to TGP are not forgotten. Good luck with law school and future endeavors, and keep us updated!

I can run the league for you, dude, if you don't mind doing in on Yahoo.

And thanks for all you've done. Oochy is an old school TFP/TGP'er. He's been around since the beginning. Sad to see you step down, but it's understandable given your situation. Best of luck to you.

Honestly, I'd rather it not go to Yahoo! Mav already runs an official league on there. So I'd like to keep it on ESPN... but if the majority want to move it, I won't be revoking my membership to Oochy's league.

Honestly, I'd rather it not go to Yahoo! Mav already runs an official league on there. So I'd like to keep it on ESPN... but if the majority want to move it, I won't be revoking my membership to Oochy's league.

yeah, I was thinking the same thing, due to the differences in the presentation it's nice to have an official board league on each site

Thanks for the thoughts, and I want to make clear that I don't intend to disappear entirely, I'm just not going to maintain anywhere near my current activity level

Damn, I wish I got to know you more. Good luck in your future endeavors. Hope to see you here and there.

Totally understand your decision. Law school is going to be hella tough, and I wish you the best of luck with that. It may be hard, but try not to let TGP distract you from your studies! :laugh:

Keep us updated oochy, and don't completely disappear on us... (That would be terrible!)

I prefer Yahoo for my free fantasy leagues, for the most part. I'll probably stick with Mav's league, then.

Edited by BLUE

I prefer Yahoo for my free fantasy leagues, for the most part. I'll probably stick with Mav's league, then.

Okie Dokie then.

I would be interested in taking it over for ya, Oochy. The ESPN fantasy league that is.

Sad to see you go man well less active anyways. Take care and have fun at law school.

you'll be missed around here man...

and good luck with Law School.

Good luck with law school. I bet it will be a ton of work. You are definitely an asset to the site.

I would also prefer to keep the ff league on ESPN for the record.

Philmont's a great camp.

have you been out there?

And F4E, if you'd like to take over the ESPN league that'd be great, everyone would finally get the 4 point passing td they want :p just hold a spot for me

have you been out there?

And F4E, if you'd like to take over the ESPN league that'd be great, everyone would finally get the 4 point passing td they want :p just hold a spot for me

Consider it done, then. :)

And I will consider keeping a spot reserved for ya... haha :grinyes: (joking, of course)

Wow, this is the biggest news for TGP in a while. Good luck oochymp. You'll do great.

I'll miss you my fellow Titan.

Good luck in law school. I hope you realise your dreams and ambitions. We'll all miss you.

Titans fans leaving(well..not really leaving, but greatly lowering the activity) one by one. :(

Hope to see you on more during the NFL season.

Oochyyyyy! </3

I'm sure everyone that's been around this site will miss you man, you've def. dropped some of your knowledge on us all, but good luck bro.

Good luck in school, oochymp. You're a great member here, always have been, and it will be nice to see you whenever you get a chance to come around again.

God bless.

I know what it's like to have no time man. Between football and nursing school I'm always struggling to find some free time. Good luck with law school my brotha.