Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Way-Too-Early Rookie of the Year Predictions?

Offense: RB Daniel Thomas, Dolphins

Defense: OLB Brooks Reed, Texans

Some other guys who have a good shot IMO:

RB Ryan Williams, Cardinals

RB Mark Ingram, Saints

WR Julio Jones, Falcons

TE Lance Kendricks, Rams

DE Marcell Dareus, Bills

LB Martez Wilson, Saints

CB Jimmy Smith, Ravens

I think that the offensive rookie of the year is definitely gonna be a quarterback because with all the 5 QBs selected in this draft that have a chance to start, at least one of the has to have a great rookie year. And when a QB has a great rookie year they always end up being Offensive rookie of the year.

Offense: Mark Ingram

Defense: Prince Amukamara

I pick Mark Ingram because he'll likely be the #1 back and he'll be running behind one of the best O-lines in football. He'll have to share touches, but I don't see the Saints sharing them as they have in the past, mostly because they haven't actually had a true #1 RB, they've all been mediocre and more of a product of the O-line. If he stays healthy I'd expect him to at least get 1200+ yards as a rookie.

I picked Prince because he is behind a pretty good D-line. They'll make him look good. I almost put Nick Fairley thinking he might get some inflated numbers because he's right beside Suh, but let's face it, Fairley will likely just inflate Suh's numbers.

Edited by Shotgun

Offense: Ingram behind that nasty Saints line

Defense: Nick Fairley in Detroit. Only because of Suh, though.

I don't quite think he'll make it into the ROTY candidacy, but y'all better watch Austin Pettis have a great year catching passes from Sam Bradford.

I'm going out on a limb here and throwing out some less than predictable names...

OFFENSE: WR - Vincent Brown, Chargers

-Brown will likely be the slot receiver in a very deadly Chargers passing attack lead by Philip Rivers. With weapons like Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson and/or Malcom Floyd occupying defenses, Brown and his precise route-running skills could leave him open for plenty of opportunities at many receptions.

DEFENSE: OLB - Aldon Smith, 49ers

-Smith has so much upside that if he even shows a hint of it during his rookie season, he could have a shot at a double-digit sack season. While offenses prepare for Patrick Willis and Justin Smith, they could be in for a rude awakening with Aldon Smith's freakish athletic ability wreaking havoc in the backfield.

• Upvote 2

Offense: Mark Ingram, RB, Saints

He's going to run up and down the field behind that line

Defense: Brooks Reed, OLB, Texans

He shall feast!!

Offense:

Andrew Luck

Defense:

Morris Claiborne

Guest Phailadelphia

Offense: RG3

Defense: Mo Claiborne

Offense: Trent Richardson

Defense: Fletcher Cox

Defense: Luke Kuechly

Always smart to put your money on a running back for this award, and Richardson has a decent offensive line in front of him. As for defense, Kuechly is playing behind a weak interior defensive line, which means he'll get a lot of tackles to inflate his stats, making people think he's better than he'll be.

Always smart to put your money on a running back for this award, and Richardson has a decent offensive line in front of him. As for defense, Kuechly is playing behind a weak interior defensive line, which means he'll get a lot of tackles to inflate his stats, making people think he's better than he'll be.

:yeahthat:

Can't really argue with this.

I think we'll be better than last year with Ron Edwards helping out in the middle of the D-line, but its not like he was a great DT on other teams. Unless Fua and McClain take a huge step up, we'll still be pretty weak.

Offense: RG3 obviously

Defense: Gonna lean towards a pass rusher... gonna be 100% wrong no matter who I choose so... Chandler Jones.

Offense: Richardson

Defense: Mark Barron - Not really homer, just don't want to pick two players that's already been mentioned. It's for the same reasons SteVo picked Kuechly. Bad secondary, bad linebackers, so if he happens to be a good player he'll get some pretty inflated stats & highlight plays.

Edited by Shotgun

Why did we bump a ROY thread from last year? lol

But for my predictions. I'll say RGIII for offense. Voters love QBs, and while I think Trent Richardson fucks people up from day one. A quarterback just needs to be mediocre as a rookie to win the award (See: Bradford, Sam)

On defense, the safe bet is a pass rusher. But there are so many guys going into different situations for me to seriously decide.

I don't think having a weak interior defensive line inflates the stats of the linebackers. Having a good interior line would eat up blockers and free up the backers to fill space and make plays. It's what the 3-4 defense is based on. Having a pair of crappy tackles would have the converse effect. Keuchly is going to have a lot more offensive linemen getting to the second level and hurting his chances at making the play. However, I am not saying that I don't think he'll have a great impact despite that fact. He is a tackling machine.

My picks are:

OROY - Andrew Luck: I think Luck will have a pretty shitty year, but his yards will be inflated because of Bruce Arians' dumbass playcalling. He'll get the award based on that, even though RGIII probably deserved it.

DROY - Bruce Irvin: I liked this guy coming out and thought he'd piss me off and get drafted by the Patriots and tear shit up. Ended up on the Seahawks where I think he'll make a huge impact on a defense whose stock has risen quite a bit.

Why did we bump a ROY thread from last year? lol

I searched for something completely different, came across the draft bust thread, had a chuckle at all of last years picks who just about all of became some of the top rookies in the game last year. Everyone said Cam Newton which was interesting. I bumped that, and then went and found this one because it's interesting to have a look at them a year later. Seeing predictions in the past and looking where we are now kind of makes you think a little harder when you make a prediction.

Holy crap, someone predicted Bruce Irvin as DROY? :rock:

Defense: Melvin Ingram

Offense: I would say Richardson but then I remembered he has too play against the Steelers and Ravens D twice ayear so I will go with Doug Martin

Defense: I think Bruce Irvin can do some good things Seattle as well. I agree with Zack on this one.

Offense:Andrew Luck. If either he or Robert Griffin play well they will get it.

Defense: I'll go Dont'a Hightower... I usually think linebacker or pass rusher. He's in a solid situation to succeed. Kuechely is my second choice.

For OROY I'll say Andrew Luck. He has a TE who he's comfortable with and Reggie Wayne is sticking around so Luck will have some weapons to throw to. The offensive line might not be the best and I expect a lot of INT's, but I think he'll rack up yards and TD's to a lesser extent.

For DROY I'll say Nick Perry assuming he can step in and start for the Pack. He'd be part of an already really good LB'er corps and a lot of attention will be devoted to Clay Matthews so if Perry plays he will have plenty of opportunities.

Edited by seanbrock

My picks are:

OROY - Andrew Luck: I think Luck will have a pretty shitty year, but his yards will be inflated because of Bruce Arians' dumbass playcalling. He'll get the award based on that, even though RGIII probably deserved it.

DROY - Bruce Irvin: I liked this guy coming out and thought he'd piss me off and get drafted by the Patriots and tear shit up. Ended up on the Seahawks where I think he'll make a huge impact on a defense whose stock has risen quite a bit.

I'd also like to throw Whitney Mercilus out there. I had him and Irvin as my top two 3-4 OLBs. I think Mercilus, Irvin, and Perry are the three pass rushers that have the best chance of being great players out of this draft.