Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Way-Too-Early Rookie of the Year Predictions?

I'd also like to throw Whitney Mercilus out there. I had him and Irvin as my top two 3-4 OLBs. I think Mercilus, Irvin, and Perry are the three pass rushers that have the best chance of being great players out of this draft.

Personally I have Mercilus as the number 1 3-4 OLB prospect. I thought he had a shot at being a top 15 pick, but the fact that Perry has Matthews to take attention away from him gives him a chance at more sacks imo.

Mercilus has Reed, Barwin and a Wade Phillips' D to back him.

• Upvote 1

Personally I have Mercilus as the number 1 3-4 OLB prospect. I thought he had a shot at being a top 15 pick, but the fact that Perry has Matthews to take attention away from him gives him a chance at more sacks imo.

The Texans' defense is much better all around and I think Phillips will turn Mercilus into an awesome player. Matthews will take some heat off of Perry, but I think what matters most is the DE you're playing outside of. I like Mercilus next to Watt, Antonio Smith, or Crick over Perry and Pickett, Worthy, or Wynn.

OROTY: Doug Martin (Screw QBs winning it every year)

DROTY: Courtney Upshaw

Offense: RG3 obviously

Defense: Gonna lean towards a pass rusher... gonna be 100% wrong no matter who I choose so... Chandler Jones.

This, except for Defense I'm gonna go with the homer vote and say Bruce Irvin. If a 4.6 guy like Clemons can get 11 sacks, a freak of nature 4.4 DE like Bruce can get Aldon Smith numbers or better.

Offense: I was all set to go with Trent Richardson, but then I remembered that RGIII and Luck are already being billed as the future of the QB position in the NFL. All they have to do is not completely fail miserably and one of them will win it :bookit:

Defense: Complete Homer Pick, Dontari Poe. He's gotten Bad a reviews around here, but he's physically a monster. With Crennel running the defense and being as excited as he is about Poe, I look for Poe to surprise some people this season. I know it's more wishful thinking than anything as far as DROY, but someone has to give the new Chief some love :D

I am going to go out on a limb:

OROY: Micheal Floyd: The line Situation in zona has been addressed. He has a receiver on the other side who will draw as much coverage as humanly possible and a decent running game. and who knows what Kolb will be this year (probably dog shit) that being said if he throws for 3000 yards then fits will have twelve hundred of them and Floyd will take the rest but 500 yards. Yeah Its bold.

DROY: I have to say courtney upshaw especially if Suggs makes it back in October or novemeber. If not I have to go with another out on the limb pick. Mychal Kendricks. Only because of the Ray lewis effect. Teams are going to block and run away from Keuchly and feed Kendricks who is a very quick LB and will make thos tackles.

I am going to go out on a limb:

OROY: Micheal Floyd: The line Situation in zona has been addressed. He has a receiver on the other side who will draw as much coverage as humanly possible and a decent running game. and who knows what Kolb will be this year (probably dog shit) that being said if he throws for 3000 yards then fits will have twelve hundred of them and Floyd will take the rest but 500 yards. Yeah Its bold.

DROY: I have to say courtney upshaw especially if Suggs makes it back in October or novemeber. If not I have to go with another out on the limb pick. Mychal Kendricks. Only because of the Ray lewis effect. Teams are going to block and run away from Keuchly and feed Kendricks who is a very quick LB and will make thos tackles.

Kuechly is on the Panthers and Kendricks is on the Eagles.

• Upvote 1

Kuechly is on the Panthers and Kendricks is on the Eagles.

DAmn good catch meant Ryans.

I will go with two outsiders for this just to be different so:

ORPTY: Brandon Weeden

DROTY: Bruce Irvine

• Upvote 1

Bumped because the draft this year was awesome and because some of the predictions are funny.

Offense: Saquon Barkley

Defense: Minkah Fitzpatrick

Offense: Christian Kirk :Cardinals:

Defense: Roquan Smith :Bears:

Offense: Josh Rosen :Cardinals:

Defense: Minkah Fitzpatrick :dolphins:

or Micah Kiser :Rams:

Offense - DJ Moore Panthers

Defense - - Bradley Chubb Broncos

OROY- either Ridley or Barkley. Ridley is an NFL ready player stepping into one of the top offenses in the league. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the pro bowl. Barkley is probably my second choice because even in a sub par offense he'll get enough touches to put up numbers. If the Giants offense is actually good this year though, he might jump to number 1 for me.

DROY will be Roquan because he's going to make a ton of tackles. Could be Chubb too if he hits double digit sacks.

Edited by seanbrock

ORotY should be Saquon Barkley, but I think Dallas Goedert has a chance to explode onto the scene in Philadelphia with Ertz getting so much attention. I'm not sure what I think of any of the rookie WRs, but I think Ridley will be pretty good right off the bat.

DRotY I have no idea.

I think we should go a little bit off the beaten path here. I'll be taking Fred Warner of the 49ers as my surprise defensive rookie, and for Offense I'll go with Joshua Rosen, who will start by week 3.

• Upvote 1

Mind explaining Warner pick, Razor?

Sure. 49ers seems to always draft linebackers who just ball the fuck out from day one. Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Chris Borland (and then he retired)... I'm just expecting the trend to continue. Hell Reuben Foster did some decent work when he was healthy last year. Might as well go with tradition.

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds

Hahahahaha we drafted josh Allen kill me

At the end of the day football is about having fun, ain't it, Bloots? Gonna be fun watching Joshy throw miracle bombs regardless of who they go to.

At the end of the day football is about having fun, ain't it, Bloots? Gonna be fun watching Joshy throw miracle bombs regardless of who they go to.

I hate you

DROTY will be Maurice Hurst.

OROTY will be Lamarr Jackson.