Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Way-Too-Early Rookie of the Year Predictions?

That's a pretty bold prediction of Rashaad Penny there. I mean I think he's gunna be a great player. I think he's gunna make our offense a lot better and be the 2nd most valuable player on our offense. But with Chris Carson in the mix, and the rookie of the year award being tied largely to total yardage gained, I have a feeling that lots of the other rookie backs (Saquon Barkley, Royce Freeman, Ronald Jones II) are going to have more opportunities (more touches) and are either superior talent-wise or not far behind. So based on those facts, I don't see Rashaad Penny out-gaining more than maybe one of those three guys, so I think Penny is a serious long-shot for rookie of the year.

Saquon Barkley, from everything I've seen/heard/read etc, is an Adrian Peterson or better type of RB prospect. The only way I see him not winning this award is if he gets hurt, because no way Paul Perkins or Jonathan Stewart steal more than 15% of the carries away from him. Dude is going to get the ball on more offensive plays than he doesn't get the ball. I personally think anyone who picks anyone other than Saquon as the OROY is either more nuts than PhillElliot, or trying overthink this and come up with some innovative, different option than the rest of us.

Saquon & Roquan....ez

Edited by BJORN

I hate you

I hate boring quarterback play.

Saquon Barkley, from everything I've seen/heard/read etc, is an Adrian Peterson or better type of RB prospect. The only way I see him not winning this award is if he gets hurt, because no way Paul Perkins or Jonathan Stewart steal more than 15% of the carries away from him. Dude is going to get the ball on more offensive plays than he doesn't get the ball. I personally think anyone who picks anyone other than Saquon as the OROY is either more nuts than PhillElliot, or trying overthink this and come up with some innovative, different option than the rest of us.

If he's anything like AP let's hope he sorts out his temper before having kids.

Anyone who compares AP and Barkley should be tarred and feathered. Completely different running styles. Completely different games overall.