Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

WANTED: Writers for TGP Site

Gonna keep this simple and to the point. It's time to resurrect the TGP Home Page.

I have formed a small coalition of writers to try and keep the front page as active and as fresh as possible. Earlier, I updated the site with 5 brand new articles for your enjoyment. Please check them out and leave a comment if you have time.

But we can't do it alone! If any of you have a knack for writing, or just do so in your spare time... Please feel free to write some articles and I will have them posted on the home page. There are no time table requirements and no requirements on the topic you write about. Your favorite team? A trending issue in the NFL? Anything that comes to mind sports wise. I will even take the occasional non-NFL article (we do have an 'other sports' section) if that's how you are feeling that day.

I would like to thank you all for your time, and hope to see your articles on the TGP site in the near future! If you have any general comments, questions, or suggestions on ways to improve the front page. Feel free to PM me at any time.

Thanks,

JD

Like I said in the Shoutbox the other day, I'd be more than willing to contribute to the front page with some sports articles. I was actually planning on writing one this weekend. I'm majoring in Journalism, and want to be a sports writer so this would actually be a pretty good thing to reference to in the future.

Do you want me to PM you the articles that I have written?

Wonderful. Glad to have ya a board my man. Remember, no rush... Just whenever you feel like writing. And yeah, you can PM them to me. :)

Maybe if I get the time. Sounds like a cool idea.

Edit - Just remembered I failed at the youtube thing so I should probably not commit to this :(

Edited by gobadgers77

Maybe if I get the time. Sounds like a cool idea.

Edit - Just remembered I failed at the youtube thing so I should probably not commit to this :(

There aren't any requirements here though... Just whenever you have some time. Don't worry about it ;). I'll eagerly be awaiting your first article.

Whenever I get some time I'll definitely try to write some articles. Just don't rely on me for any sort of consistency; it'll probably be more freelance. Regardless, I'm excited to contribute and I'm loving the effort so far. Good to see the front page hoppin' again.

Whenever I get some time I'll definitely try to write some articles. Just don't rely on me for any sort of consistency; it'll probably be more freelance. Regardless, I'm excited to contribute and I'm loving the effort so far. Good to see the front page hoppin' again.

Same here. I'll contribute every once in a while.

I am willing to give this a go very now and again. It would be interesting and fun in what I can produce.

Thanks for everyone's support in this endeavor.

Big round of applause to Barracuda, who has been the first to write an article, through this thread. It has been posted, so please read it if you have time! :clap:

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/tgpsite/2011/05/05/the-nfl-and-its-love-hate-relationship/

Don't want to create a new thread, so I will probably just continually update this thread.

Three new articles have been posted (although one of them is a 2 parter), and a new poll has been added. If you have the time, please check it out!

www.thegridironpalace.com

Let me see what I can do, I've wanted to help write/join the website team on here

You pieces of shit who come directly to the forums need to make a stop at the front page, and at the very least, give all the articles a page view.

They're working hard.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You pieces of shit who come directly to the forums need to make a stop at the front page, and at the very least, give all the articles a page view.

They're working hard.

I don't know what's gotten into you matty.... but I like it.

They're working hard.

Exactly. There's many who bookmark the forum page.. bypassing the front page all together. Sucks.

Because acting like a dick is really gonna motivate current members, newbies, lurkers etc to start reading the front page is definitely a good strategy.

Sincerely,

<----Piece of shit

Because acting like a dick is really gonna motivate current members, newbies, lurkers etc to start reading the front page is definitely a good strategy.

Sincerely,

Obviously if your first post in here is to defend yourself, you don't care much anyway. Which is no problem.. Some people like it, some don't. I just ask that those who don't use it, don't ruin it for others. Not saying you are Blue, just generally speaking.

^ Thanks to WardPound, the TGP site is a few more articles richer. :) Thank you sir. :clap:

• Upvote 1

I don't know if TGP is ready for your elite writing style, Bware. :D Keeding! Can't wait to see what you can come up with.

Four new articles posted, a big :clap: for John (B is for Bowe)!

I don't know if TGP is ready for your elite writing style, Bware. :D Keeding! Can't wait to see what you can come up with.

Four new articles posted, a big :clap: for John (B is for Bowe)!

Thanks buddy. There will be more to come. I'm getting into it again.

I have been contemplating writing an article, but I am definitely not a journalist. I am much more of a creative writer, seeing as that was my focus in college. I guess that would actually add a nice touch to a sport article...I guess I will get to writing. Who do I PM the result to?

How do i get articles to you, sorry not sure what PM means. Definitly not new to talking football but new to talking the sport online. Would love to contribute.