Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

WANTED: Writers for TGP Site

I have been contemplating writing an article, but I am definitely not a journalist. I am much more of a creative writer, seeing as that was my focus in college. I guess that would actually add a nice touch to a sport article...I guess I will get to writing. Who do I PM the result to?

You PM them to Favre4Ever. He is the master of the front page :p

How do i get articles to you, sorry not sure what PM means. Definitly not new to talking football but new to talking the sport online. Would love to contribute.

Click on his name, which will take you to his profile. Under the profile pic there should be a option to "Send Message"...just click on that ;)

Thanks

Sorry for the lack of response the last couple of days. Thanks Ranga for stepping in :p

And Chia... I don't think we have any actual journalists here outside of FartWaffles, and I still enjoy writing and reading other peoples articles. Thanks for your help!

With that said... a new poll has been posted. And we have 5 new articles on the website. Among the featured topics....

- The Top 25 Risk/Reward players in Fantasy this year (Thanks John!)

- The Bills have a diamond in the rough in slot WR, David Nelson

- David Garrard is the Jaguars now... and in the future?

- Al Harris gets his ring

- David Garrard is the Jaguars now... and in the future?

It's time to ban Eli from writing.

:shifty:

Haven't updated (this thread) in a while.

Some of the headlines from the past week...

- Drew Brees Shows Bad Taste, Proves Ignorance Regarding Gene Upshaw

- Three FA Moves That May Shock You

- Five Teams That Missed the '10 Playoffs, Who Have a chance at winning the Super Bowl

- Six best QBs on the move this offseason

- Brandon Jackson Refuses to admit reality

- 5 NFL FA headed to the UFL

- Top 5 Draft Picks and Their Song Counter-Part

- Expectations of Shonn Greene

- Embarrassing Moments Throughout Brady's Career

- New Poll regarding Shonn Greene

Woooo! Just wanted to bump this and say this is a GREAT time to start writing if you haven't or want to. I would like to just remind you all that these articles don't need to be the length of a novel. Write however much is needed to get your point across.

I have a pair of new articles up (that I wrote), which are short but to the point, and could really use any/all help that is out there!!!

Thanks !

EDIT: I also wnat to add that I haven't forgot about our Top 100, but I also don't want it to get over shadowed by the start of Free Agency. Look for the next installment Friday, or Sunday at the very latest.

Edited by Favre4Ever

^ Yes.

Let me see what I have in me.

Look forward to it.

Can they be opinion type articles?

Sorry for the late reply. But absolutely! We are always looking for new and unique perspectives on stories around the NFL.

Also... A new article has been posted. I know it's early but...

Three Free Agents Who Got Overpaid for their Services

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/tgpsite/2011/07/28/three-free-agents-who-got-overpaid-for-their-services/

More to come later today.

In response to the best Free Agent officially being signed, we have two new Aso/Eagles themed articles on the home page and a new similar-themed poll. Thanks to Epic for submitting an article!

I have another article ready for tomorrow, plus a new Top 100 Installment.

Like I said in the Shoutbox the other day, I'd be more than willing to contribute to the front page with some sports articles. I was actually planning on writing one this weekend. I'm majoring in Journalism, and want to be a sports writer so this would actually be a pretty good thing to reference to in the future.

Do you want me to PM you the articles that I have written?

I hope you do well. Print media seems to be a dying industry in small areas, so whatever you do, make sure you learn AP Style so you can land somewhere with a population over 100,000. You can pick up an AP Stylebook at any book store for around $20. I'm actually employed at an AP newspaper in Texas, and I have a segment with a co-columnist called "Column As We See 'Em." It's a fun thing to be in, and you'll love it once you land a job.

New Articles Posted

New Top 100 List (20-11)

Why Viking Fans Have No Reason To Worry... Yet.

Fact or Fiction: Teams Suffer From Cross-Country Travel

New Poll Posted

Preseason Week 1 Is Coming to a Close... Which Statement Best Describes Your Teams Regular Seaosn Outlook?

o Gonna Be a Great Year!!! Can't Wait!!

o We are getting better. Setting my expectations low.

o This could get ugly...

o Come on Andrew Luck!!! No whammy's, No whammy's.... STOP!

Radio Show Page Updated

The radio show page has gotten a makeover.... Nice description of the shows currently scheduled with Razor and Stevo, and some useful links and a complete schedule at the bottom of the page.

Check it out when you have time.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/tgpsite/tgp-radio/