Sign in to follow this  
Phenomenal TJ

Ward Cuffed, Held At Gunpoint By LAPD

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Police said Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver and "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Hines Ward was briefly detained at gunpoint in a mix-up over a reported stolen car early Thursday morning.

Sgt. Maria Morrison said Ward and a woman friend were stopped in her Honda Civic just before 2 a.m. in North Hollywood because the woman had reported it stolen.

Morrison said Hines was taken from the car at gunpoint and handcuffed until the woman proved the car was hers.Ward and the woman were both released.

The sergeant said the driver reported the vehicle stolen on April 19 after forgetting where she had parked it. She later found the car but never canceled the report.Police said Ward was cooperative and understanding. The woman's name wasn't released, but she isn't Ward's partner on "Dancing With the Stars."

Ward's rep., Andrew Ree, told "People" magazine, "It was an obvious mistake. The police were doing their job."

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/27785807/detail.html

The only way this should become a big deal is if Hines makes it into one. He apparently understood, and he's not an easily recognizable figure to anyone but big-time NFL fans. It's not likely that they even knew who he was.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Must be scary when you have a gun pointed at you when you know you didn't do anything wrong.

Other than that, nothing more to say really.

How dumb was this bitch? She's forgets where she parks her car, reports it stolen, finds the car, and doesn't think to let the police know?

• Upvote 1

About what I've come to expect from bitches.

"Derrr. I forget where I parked my car. Oh shit...I live in LA. SHIT GOT STOLEDDDDDDDzz"

• Upvote 1

Shouldn't have let her out of the kitchen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What the hell is this?! What, Big Ben's night out wasn't bad enough? Now another woman gets Ward in trouble?! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph... :facepalm:

You can't trust anything that bleeds for four days and doesn't die.

Apparently not.

WTF was HInes doing in a Honda Civic?? Limo up, bitch!

The only way this should become a big deal is if Hines makes it into one.

He didn't. He said it was a misunderstanding and he's over it. Maybe a certain dreadlocked RB in the Orlando area should take note on how a mature man handles things.

Yeah, Ward didn't even comment on it, I don't think. I think he said something to the effect of 'I can't comment on a non-story' or something.