Sign in to follow this  
Piggly Wiggly

Top 10 toughest stadiums

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/39297/power-rankings-top-10-toughest-venues

Ranking the Toughest Venues

1. Lambeau Field (Packers)

2. Heinz Field (Steelers)

3. Qwest Field (Seahawks)

4. Arrowhead Stadium (Chiefs)

5. Soldier Field (Bears)

6. Superdome (Saints)

7. Gillette Stadium (Patriots)

8. Metrodome (Vikings)

9. Lincoln Financial Field (Eagles)

10. Oakland Coliseum (Raiders)

Pretty surprised Arrowhead and Qwest aren't 1-2. Or vice versa. Also surprised that they ranked Gillette so high. Yeah, the Pats happen to win there a lot, but the atmosphere isn't that great overall, and the stadium doesn't hold the noise at all. And I'm not really feeling the Metrodome at 8, either lol.

Pretty surprised Arrowhead and Qwest aren't 1-2. Or vice versa.

Same here.

Ya, in the early 90's no one wanted to Play at Arrowhead.

it'll be Awesome if the Chiefs return to that Caliber of play. :beerchug2:

I can't believe only one person voted for Buffalo. They clearly don't know anything about swirling winds. Especially Tim Graham who freaking lives in Buffalo.

• Upvote 2

I can't believe only one person voted for Buffalo. They clearly don't know anything about swirling winds. Especially Tim Graham who freaking lives in Buffalo.

i agree.

I've been to both Qwest and Soldier field and they are both rightfully on the list. Qwest was ridiculous. Soldier Field has the frigid winds that come off the lake and some crazy ass fans that will cheer loud no matter how cold it gets.

Having the Metrodome on this list is just bad. I personally don't think any dome should be real hard to play in, only advantage is holding in the noise. Qwest and Arrowhead could be 1 or 2 but Lambeau and Heinz are really hard stadiums to play in as well. All 4 stadiums have giants crowds that make a lot of money but in Lambeau you got the Frozen Tundra and in Heinz you have a terrible field.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I agree with the top 6 choices. All of those venues are amazing. The Metrodome, though... I'm not completely sold on that. Also, Arrowhead and Qwest are ranked too low IMO. They should be 1-2 and Lambeau and Heinz should be tied for 3rd.

Also, why aren't Cleveland and Buffalo on the list? The fans go nuts every game in both venues.

Edited by BigBen07

I've been to both Qwest and Soldier field and they are both rightfully on the list. Qwest was ridiculous. Soldier Field has the frigid winds that come off the lake and some crazy ass fans that will cheer loud no matter how cold it gets.

The reason Soldier field isn't higher is because it's only bad in the winter. I've been there before in September, and it's not bad at all. Good temps, nice breeze from the Lake, and the field hasn't turned to shit yet.

I think Lambeau is only number one because we just won the Super Bowl. I have a hard time believing that during the regular season it's harder to win for an opposing team compared to Qwest Field. But when we talk playoffs, that's a different story. This statistic may be wrong cuz I'm not looking it up (just trying to remember something I heard on TV), but we have the highest or second highest win percentage in home playoff games since the merger.

I couldn't find anywhere where they put the criteria for this list. Just crowd noise? Just conditions? I need some criteria if you're going to make a list like this ESPN.

• Upvote 1

Having the Metrodome on this list is just bad. I personally don't think any dome should be real hard to play in, only advantage is holding in the noise. Qwest and Arrowhead could be 1 or 2 but Lambeau and Heinz are really hard stadiums to play in as well. All 4 stadiums have giants crowds that make a lot of money but in Lambeau you got the Frozen Tundra and in Heinz you have a terrible field.

If Humphry isn't a hard place to play, then why have both our teams had such a difficult time winning up there? It's so loud. Those fans are insane.

Glad to see Soldier on there. I've been there a number of times and the fans are definitely die hard. I went when Jonathan Quinn was under center and the guy in front of me was screaming f-bombs at him. Also, it's very cold. And the fans love trash talking the players. I sat on the visiting sideline and the fans were screaming at Shanahan. So much fun. I can't remember who, but one of the Denver recievers actually responded to heckling and the fan gave him the finger. Good times.

I'm suprised that Arrowhead was on the list. They barely drew any fans when they were in the playoffs, and the weather is very mild.

I would put Seattle at 1. In my opinion, the 12th Man cannot be beaten.

Edited by WindyCitySports

If Humphry isn't a hard place to play, then why have both our teams had such a difficult time winning up there? It's so loud. Those fans are insane.

The fans are insane, but more in the way that there are multiple arrests and fans being kicked out of there constantly. The stupid Viking horn is annoying but other than that, teams haven't really had problems there. I would much rather be in the dome fighting noise rather than fighting the cold or having a field in bad condition. You can fight noise with silent audibles, you can't really fight not being able to plant correctly.

The fans are insane, but more in the way that there are multiple arrests and fans being kicked out of there constantly. The stupid Viking horn is annoying but other than that, teams haven't really had problems there. I would much rather be in the dome fighting noise rather than fighting the cold or having a field in bad condition. You can fight noise with silent audibles, you can't really fight not being able to plant correctly.

All I can say is that my Bears have an easier time battling the tundra of Wisconsin than they have battling the fans in the Metrodome.

Of course, that might have something to do with the Bears playing home games in tundra..

Edited by WindyCitySports

I couldn't find anywhere where they put the criteria for this list. Just crowd noise? Just conditions? I need some criteria if you're going to make a list like this ESPN.

Kevin Seifert said his criteria was field conditions, crowd noise, and weather.

If you value field conditions highly, Solider Field should be up further on the list. No offense, Bears fans, but the field quality is awful. Every time I watch a Bears game (at home) there's a lot of this: :facepalm:

Ahhh gotta love the field at solider field.

If you value field conditions highly, Solider Field should be up further on the list. No offense, Bears fans, but the field quality is awful. Every time I watch a Bears game (at home) there's a lot of this: :facepalm:

Yeah I agree with you. We're the only team that hasn't installed turf yet. They've been trying to get it done for awhile (it would actually save them a lot of money) but the Chicago Park District owns the field and won't allow it.

Yeah I agree with you. We're the only team that hasn't installed turf yet. They've been trying to get it done for awhile (it would actually save them a lot of money) but the Chicago Park District owns the field and won't allow it.

Kevin Seifert said his criteria was field conditions, crowd noise, and weather.

Ah okay. How the hell did Buffalo not crack the Top 10?

And I can't help but feel how the teams did had something to do with this seeing as Green Bay and Pittsburgh both won their conferences and finished one and two in the list.

Ah okay. How the hell did Buffalo not crack the Top 10?

And I can't help but feel how the teams did had something to do with this seeing as Green Bay and Pittsburgh both won their conferences and finished one and two in the list.

Well they are 2 teams that are hard to beat at home and both fields will affect teams. In Pittsburgh you have that field that is just torn apart at times and in such bad condition after High School or College games. In Lambeau you got such a bitter cold at times, and at one point the Pack were unbeatable in Lambeau during the playoffs when it was so cold. Both stadiums are mostly filled with their respective fan bases.

I like the list for the most part. I think the Top 4 is practically interchangeable.

We've dominated Lincoln Financial Field the past 2 years..

Easy place to play.

We've dominated Lincoln Financial Field the past 2 years..

Easy place to play.

I'll bite. Although I might be missing your sarcasm.

You won by 5 total points the last 2 times they played there, didn't score over 20 points, and you didn't mention our 44-6 ass whooping the year before that.

I'll bite. Although I might be missing your sarcasm.

You won by 5 total points the last 2 times they played there, didn't score over 20 points, and you didn't mention our 44-6 ass whooping the year before that.

Lincoln Financial always seems to be difficult for Green Bay. Even though we swept you guys there this past season. Those were the first two times we've beaten the Eagles in Philadelphia in a LONG time if I'm not mistaken.