WindyCitySports

Greatest rivalry in all of sports?

Gotta go with Michigan/OSU rivalry. I've had pop cans thrown at my car for having an OHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE bumper sticker on my car, in Michigan.

As far as the NFL goes, the current most heated rivalry is Colts - Patriots. It's hard to root for either team because I'm a Tom Brady fan and a Peyton Manning fan.

I would say the Pats-Colts rivalry has cooled off a bit. They haven't played each other for a while. I'd say Steelers-Ravens is currently the most heated rivalry in the NFL. The teams just flat out despise each other.

Edited by Sarge

I would say the Pats-Colts rivalry has cooled off a bit. They haven't played each other for a while. I'd say Steelers-Ravens is currently the most heated rivalry in the NFL. The teams just flat out despise each other.

It's a shame that the Broncos fell apart, because Chargers-Broncos (Rivers/Cutler) was getting to be pretty entertaining.

I can't argue Steelers-Ravens being the best NFL rivalry today

Oh thats a good one right there completely forgot about that one they seriously hate each other. And I want to say that when ever 1 of those teams makes it to the playoffs the other team makes it as well and ruins it for the other....

Well I am a Steelers fan and this rivalry has given me quite a few memorable moments so I'm going with Steelers-Ravens.

It's a shame that the Broncos fell apart, because Chargers-Broncos (Rivers/Cutler) was getting to be pretty entertaining.

I remember Rivers & company trash talking Cutler from the sidelines. Poor guy looked like he was almost in tears.

I love Phillip Rivers attitude.

They haven't pkayed for a while? Correct me if im wrong but havent they played eachother at least once in the last 7 or more years??

My bad, you were right. But I still don't see how that rivalry is anywhere near as hateful as the one between the Steelers and Ravens.

They've played every year since then...

Out of all sports I'd go with the Yankees/Red Sox.

Gotta go with Michigan/OSU rivalry. I've had pop cans thrown at my car for having an OHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE bumper sticker on my car, in Michigan.

A Bama fan attempted to kill Toomer's Corner due to his hatred for Auburn. And there was almost a riot from Auburn fans putting a blue and orange shirt on the Bear Bryant statue. I had a friend that went to Auburn and if ANYTHING was red, they'd cover it with blue or orange. They hate Bama so much, they basically removed the color from their Crayola box, haha.

I'd say that beats the hell out of some kids throwing coke cans at your car. ;)

A Bama fan attempted to kill Toomer's Corner due to his hatred for Auburn. And there was almost a riot from Auburn fans putting a blue and orange shirt on the Bear Bryant statue. I had a friend that went to Auburn and if ANYTHING was red, they'd cover it with blue or orange. They hate Bama so much, they basically removed the color from their Crayola box, haha.

I'd say that beats the hell out of some kids throwing coke cans at your car. ;)

I was just down there at Toomer's Corner.

Don't forget about the jackass from Bama poisoning the tree that Auburn generally TPs after a win. They don't think they can save it either.

My parents both graduated from Auburn, and they both HATE Bama. I have a friend who was going to Bama, and they were very suspicious of everything she did, pretty much. Comments like, "Well, a Bamer, (I think that's a term completely made up by them), would do x, y, z" were commonplace, even though the only thing they knew about her was that she went to Bama.

Right now, there is no more heated rivalry in all of college football.

Edited by Thanatos19

I've never felt and seen the intensity, passion and overall hate more prominently then in a Celtics/Lakers matchup. I mean the intensity in a playoff matchup between those two teams just gives you chills.

I've never felt and seen the intensity, passion and overall hate more prominently then in a Celtics/Lakers matchup. I mean the intensity in a playoff matchup between those two teams just gives you chills.

I definitely feel like the NBA has much weaker rivalries that other sports. Celtics/Lakers is really the only really big one (although I see Celtics/Heat and Celtics/Bulls becoming really big in the next few years) and I still don't think that the BOS/LAL rivalry can even compare to the intensity of OSU/UM or Yankees/Red Sox.

Steelers VS Ravens? Come on, everyone knows the real rivalry is Steelers VS ENTIRE NFC WEST. Half their rings have come from stealing SB wins from our teams.

Oh, and Vorcha, for our team, these days it's Seahawks vs 49ers. Back in the AFC West days I'm more inclined to think Seahawks Vs Chargers, not Raiders, but granted I never watched football back then.

*Disclaimer - This entire post was a joke, and is not meant as an actual insult to the Pittsburgh Steelers... because apparently doing that is illegal.*

Edited by Jayrus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Steelers VS Ravens? Come on, everyone knows the real rivalry is Steelers VS ENTIRE NFC WEST. Half their rings have come from stealing SB wins from our teams.

Oh, and Vorcha, for our team, these days it's Seahawks vs 49ers. Back in the AFC West days I'm more inclined to think Seahawks Vs Chargers, not Raiders, but granted I never watched football back then.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Son of a bitch. Apparently Steeler fans can't take a joke! Or was that you who marked me down, midway? sorry for not saying Bears Vs Packers was the best rivalry... jeez.

• Downvote 1

Son of a bitch. Apparently Steeler fans can't take a joke! Or was that you who marked me down, midway? sorry for not saying Bears Vs Packers was the best rivalry... jeez.

It has nothing to do with you not saying bears and the packers were the best rivalry. You said something that was negged worthy and you got negged.

*Disclaimer - This entire post was a joke, and is not meant as an actual insult to the Pittsburgh Steelers... because apparently doing that is illegal.*

Oh, God. It has nothing to do with it being the Steelers, it has to do with how stupid this post is.

Edited by WindyCitySports
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone listed Steelers-Cowboys among the rivalries? They don't play much in the regular season, but have met 3 times in the Super Bowl. The fans hate each other. Outside of Green Bay, I don't think anyone was more happy to see Pittsburgh denied a 7th ring than Dallas fans.

Guest Durant4MVP

I definitely feel like the NBA has much weaker rivalries that other sports. Celtics/Lakers is really the only really big one (although I see Celtics/Heat and Celtics/Bulls becoming really big in the next few years) and I still don't think that the BOS/LAL rivalry can even compare to the intensity of OSU/UM or Yankees/Red Sox.

I agree, but for different reasons. NBA rivalries will never compare to NFL rivalries because the league parity is absolute shit. No two teams should hold half of the league's O'Brien trophies.

I agree, but for different reasons. NBA rivalries will never compare to NFL rivalries because the league parity is absolute shit. No two teams should hold half of the league's O'Brien trophies.

I agree with that, too. I also think it has something to do with the lack of passionate fan bases in the NBA. Both of our teams have passionate fan bases, but not as many NBA teams have them as NFL teams do. Afterall, fans are a big part of every rivalry.

I could be getting my decades a bit over lapping I dunno. But back in the day when Raiders came into town that game wasnt the normal exciting day of football. We spent more then the average time waiting for penalties and fouls to be announced then actually playing. I still get a kick out of watching the old clip of Bo Jackson plowing over Brian Bosworth. He is the only Seahawk I cant stand at all. He talked so much trash how hes gonna shut down the Offense in every team that the Seahawks would play. And in the end Bo made Bosworth look like a weak chump. So the rivalry is Seahawks and 49ers now? I never would of thought that since the Hawks spend more time talking about what they are gonna do against the Rams or even when the Cardinals werent half bad.