Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

Slow forums?

I don't know if this a suggestion or more of a concern but has anyone else experienced some serious lag and load times on the forums?

Sometimes when I come on, the pages take long to load and my replies take long to post. I just keep seeing the green 'Loading...' bar in the top left side of the forum.

Before anyone says a smart ass comment about my internet connection, I'm running 12.0 MBps and every other site loads quickly.

It doesn't happen every time but I'd say every other day, at different times of the day, this happens. Oh and I'm using Chrome if that makes a difference.

• Sad 1

I've been experiencing things like that too, KiLa. Such as yourself, other sites I visit are faster and more coherent with the speed of my connection so that's not it.

I've found it to be more of a problem during the night - which I guess is a little understandable because of the increase in activity.

Edited by Maverick
  • Downvote 1

Yep, after lunchtime CST, these forums slow down alot for me.

I experience the slow down at those times as well, which I thought was somewhat understandable. However, I've recently experienced it during the morning, around 7:30-8:00 AM. It lasts for about 30 minutes.

Right now for example is running perfect.

same here.

i complained a few weeks ago because of these same problems.

i thought it was only me and time for an upgrade but then i noticed i only have these issues on this site so ya theres a problem somehere in this sites software.

Could it be from the amount of pictures and .gifs on this site? Coupled with a running chat engine?

• Haha 1

Could it be from the amount of pictures and .gifs on this site? Coupled with a running chat engine?

yes it could.

I'm surprised you guys nailed the epic slowness to time slots... lol.

It's awful just about all the time for me, has been for eh.. maybe a month or so.

Are all of you using Chrome?

I am not sure why the browser would matter if all other sites load normally and quickly?

Although... I am no expert on computers.

I am not sure why the browser would matter if all other sites load normally and quickly?

Although... I am no expert on computers.

:shrug:

Just curious, because I haven't noticed any slowness.

no, firefox here.

i've had the problem for three weeks or more.

Yes....

It's been annoyingly slow on and off for like the past month.....

Edited by BLUE

Yes....

It's been annoyingly slow on and off for like the past month.....

yep, sometimes its perfect for me and sometimes its really frustrating.

just now i had to click twice to reply.

I've contacted HostGator about the issue. I definitely don't believe anything is wrong with the forum itself.

I've contacted HostGator about the issue. I definitely don't believe anything is wrong with the forum itself.

theres been 4-5 members having the same issue, dont think its on all 5 of our computers.

Yeah at this point, with the amount of us experiencing the same problem, it stands to reason that there has to be something wrong with the software of server. Or maybe not something wrong but maybe something needs to updated? I dunno.

theres been 4-5 members having the same issue, dont think its on all 5 of our computers.

I never said it was your computers. It's clearly an issue with out host, not TGP itself.

I never said it was your computers. It's clearly an issue with out host, not TGP itself.

thats right you didnt, i did.

i was thinking it was my computer three weeks ago when i first had a problem here, i was just sayin now it has to be with the site or host server.

my bad, i should have not quoted your post. :beerchug2:

I've been experiencing this problem as well. As well at times when I click on an article it will sit there and try to load forever but if I click on it again it will load instantly. I'm using Chrome if that matters

The browser you use doesn't matter.

I've been experiencing this problem as well. As well at times when I click on an article it will sit there and try to load forever but if I click on it again it will load instantly. I'm using Chrome if that matters

ya, same with me.

the other day i was posting in the What Are You Listening To thread and as i clicked post it just sit there and i ended up clicking 4 more times and had 5 of the same post after 5 minutes.

luckily i had the option to delete 4 of them but that took 20 minutes. lol

as i said in an earlier post sometimes the site works perfect for me, no lagging at all but 60% of the time its lagging really bad.

We may have to drop this host and go with another one.

I'll have an update for you guys when I really know what's up.

• Upvote 1

We may have to drop this host and go with another one.

I'll have an update for you guys when I really know what's up.

awesome,

Thanks Sarge.