Sign in to follow this  
Patriots2994

Drew Bledsoe

I've been thinking-will Drew Bledsoe ever make the HOF? He put up the stats but I'm just not quite sure how the voters will go when his name comes into consideration. Thanks to anyone who replies-I can't make up my mind on whether he'll go in or not.

I think he will. Many people believe he is in the top 5 QBs of all time. I don't think he's top 5, but at least top 10 or top 15.

• Downvote 10

I honestly doubt it. He was a great QB, made 4 Pro Bowls, but never really did much to "wow" about. At least for me personally. His TD:INT ratio was typical and nothing special as was his total QB ratings. He had a couple great seasons but the fact that his only Superbowl ring was won the very first season Tom Brady took over is going to hurt his chances a lot.

People question whether Kurt Warner would make it into the HoF, but I think we'll see him in long before we see Drew, if we ever see Drew.

And lol@ people calling him a top 5 QB if that's true, hell top 10 is absurd, he would maybe make a top 20 list from me. He for sure has no business being compared to the likes of Tom, Peyton, Elway, Montana, Unitas, or Marino.

I think he will. Many people believe he is in the top 5 QBs of all time. I don't think he's top 5, but at least top 10 or top 15.

uh...

no. Just no.

He wasn't even a top ten QB of the past decade:

In random order, QBs who were/still are better than he was last decade

Brady

PManning

EManning

McNabb

McNair

Rivers

Brees

Favre

Roethlisberger

Warner

Hasslebeck

Green

And hell I'd take guys like Rich Gannon, even though he only started for 4 years over Bledsoe. Then there is even a case for a guy like Jeff Garcia to be above him.

But I would take all the QBs I listed above before him, and that's even taking in to account how he played in the 90s.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Bert_snaps.gif

• Upvote 1

Guest Durant4MVP

1303403369418.png

I've been thinking-will Drew Bledsoe ever make the HOF? He put up the stats but I'm just not quite sure how the voters will go when his name comes into consideration. Thanks to anyone who replies-I can't make up my mind on whether he'll go in or not.

witus3.gif

14jq3ux.gif

• Upvote 1

So I was going to come in and say he was a stat compiler... but god damn Windy, really? Bledsoe was a guy who threw the ball a lot, but never made a lot of those throws count. He threw way too many picks, and despite his big arm, he really couldn't get the ball down the field as effectively as players who deserve to be in the hall. He was a statue in the pocket, and took a ton of sacks that easily could have been avoided.

Many people believe he is in the top 5 QBs of all time.

If the sample size was 10, and all 10 of those people had the last name Bledsoe, then I could agree with this statement.

I think he's got the same shot as Kerry Collins, which is slim, but it's possible.

Many people believe he is in the top 5 QBs of all time.

And you call me a dumbass...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think his best year was in 2002 with the Bills. That about sums up that argument.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

hes not even top ten or 15

Windy....

Are you serious bro?

Maybe he's referring to college football :shrug:

Alright. Didn't expect that outpour. I didn't say that I thought that he was top 5, I said I've heard people who think so. It's not me that's the dumbass, it's those people.

• Downvote 3

Alright. Didn't expect that outpour. I didn't say that I thought that he was top 5, I said I've heard people who think so. It's not me that's the dumbass, it's those people.

But you did say he was top 10.

I've always considered Bledsoe to be the classic "one step below the hall of fame" sort of guy.

Montana, Young, Manning, Brady, Favre, Marino, Tarkenton, Unitas, Graham, Elway, Bradshaw, Kelly, Baugh, Aikman, Staubach.

15 qbs better than Bledsoe, and I could come up with more if you'd like.

I'll go Top 15.

hes probably top 50.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Guest Durant4MVP

I don't think he's top 5, but at least top 10 or top 15.

Saying he's top 10 or 15 isn't any better than saying he's top 5.

• Upvote 2

I'm sick of defending my post. Yeah it was pretty dumb. I don't even know why I put it. He'll be in the HOF, but he isn't one of the best.

• Downvote 2