Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Vikings release Bryant McKinnie

When he showed up to training camp in Mankato woefully out of shape after the summer-long lockout, the Vikings decided to cut ties the former No. 7 overall draft choice and start over at one of the most important positions on the team.

"This decision, while not an easy one, is in the best interests of our football team as we move forward preparing for the season," coach Leslie Frazier said in a statement issued Tuesday. "We appreciate Bryant's contributions to the Vikings and we wish him the best in the future."

Source

I think this is about a week too late, there might not be a replacement for him in FA still available outside of Gaither, and ifk if they'll take the risk. They might just keep Johnson there.

RIP

Donovan McNabb

• Upvote 1

The Vikings signed away the guy who has been protecting Peyton Manning's blindside for the last four years, so "RIP McNabb" my ass. Ask Brett Favre how well McKinnie protected anything.

He's a fucking overrated, overpaid hack who always got his ass kicked by pass rushing DE's. Good riddance. There's not a Vikings fan alive who will miss this sack of shit.

The Vikings signed away the guy who has been protecting Peyton Manning's blindside for the last four years, so "RIP McNabb" my ass. Ask Brett Favre how well McKinnie protected anything.

He's a fucking overrated, overpaid hack who always got his ass kicked by pass rushing DE's. Good riddance. There's not a Vikings fan alive who will miss this sack of shit.

I really couldn't agree more! He is easily the most overrated offensive lineman in the game. This dude is fat and can't stop a good, not even great, pass rusher.

During the post-game parties the team would have, he would refuse to use the bathroom and just piss wherever he currently ones. A classless disgrace to Vikings football. About damn time he's gone!

I really couldn't agree more! He is easily the most overrated offensive lineman in the game. This dude is fat and can't stop a good, not even great, pass rusher.

During the post-game parties the team would have, he would refuse to use the bathroom and just piss wherever he currently was. A classless disgrace to Vikings football. About damn time he's gone!

Surely, you can't be serious.

He was that lazy?

He was very overrated, and very mediocre last year I agree... But your mistake is thinking that Charlie Johnson is the answer. If he was any good at protecting Manning's blind side, the Colts wouldn't have let him walk... Much less to a team that won't be competing like the Vikings.

Johnson gave up 6 sacks (one of the highest in the league amongst tackles, and same as McKinnie), He gave up 9 hits (one of the highest in the league, and the same as McKinnie).... But gave up an OUTSTANDING 42 QB pressures. 2nd most in the league and over double the pressures McKinnie gave up.

By all counts... Vikings actually just got worse at LT. Bravo.

The Colts only let him go because they had to empty every bank vault in the state of Indiana to pay Peyton Manning.

The player rep for free agent LT Bryant McKinnie has emailed all 32 teams notifying them that McKinnie can be had for a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

"Free agent Bryant McKinnie would be willing to sign a one-year contract for $2,500,000 plus reasonable incentives," wrote Drew Rosenhaus. "Please let me know if you have an interest." McKinnie was so fat and his cholesterol so high at Vikings training camp that team doctors believed he would've been a severe medical risk to even let practice. He should get looks when he's fit.

Source: NFL.com