Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

2012 GOP Primary

THIS IS AN ANONYMOUS POLL  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you supporting in the 2012 GOP Primary?

• Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Michelle Bachmann
    • Herman Cain
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Rick Santorum
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Rick Perry
    • Chris Christie
    • Sarah Palin
    • Gary Johnson

Went to the Iowa Straw Poll today on the beautiful Iowa State campus!!! Ron Paul supporters were out in full force, and one of his largest backings I have EVER seen.

Michelle Bachman beat out Ron Paul by UNDER ONE PERCENT. Bachmann and Paul ran away with victory in this one.

1. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (4823, 28.55%)

2. Congressman Ron Paul (4671, 27.65%)

3. Governor Tim Pawlenty (2293, 13.57%)

4. Senator Rick Santorum (1657, 9.81%)

5. Herman Cain (1456, 8.62%)

6. Governor Rick Perry (718, 3.62%) write-in

7. Governor Mitt Romney (567, 3.36%)

8. Speaker Newt Gingrich (385, 2.28%)

9. Governor Jon Huntsman (69, 0.41%)

10. Congressman Thad McCotter (35, 0.21%)

Even though Ron Paul didn't win..... This is GREAT news for his campaign moving forward. And I am proud to say that I voted for him!

Edited by Favre4Ever

The headline on Politico...

Michele Bachmann wins Ames Straw Poll, Tim Pawlenty gets third

Ummm, really? Who cares about frickin' third place when 150 votes separated 1st and 2nd?!?

• Upvote 1

bwahaha, Ron Paul will never get any credit.

Ummm, really? Who cares about frickin' third place when 150 votes separated 1st and 2nd?!?

lol you are shocked by this?

Saw this on RP's Facebook page. The media's credibility is laughable these days.

Anyway, a good showing for Ron Paul today. It doesn't matter what place he got, but that he nearly tied the frontrunner in Iowa, Michelle Bachmann.

I don't think any candidates will drop out of the rave because of these results like some have speculated. Everyone either placed where they expected to place or exceeded their expectations.

Perry #6 as a write in?? Everyone below him might as well drop out now if he's got that many dumbasses voting for him.

Guest Phailadelphia

Woah, pump the brakes fellas. Only two Iowa straw poll winners have ever won the GOP nomination. I guess it gives Paul some momentum going into primaries though.

Speaking of the straw poll, how did Michele Bachmann win that? What in the actual fuck are GOP voters thinking? She hasn't done dick in Congress and is on record as being one of the biggest liars, like, ever. Check this broad's PolitiFact record: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/michele-bachmann/statements/

Woah, pump the brakes fellas. Only two Iowa straw poll winners have ever won the GOP nomination. I guess it gives Paul some momentum going into primaries though.

Speaking of the straw poll, how did Michele Bachmann win that? What in the actual fuck are GOP voters thinking? She hasn't done dick in Congress and is on record as being one of the biggest liars, like, ever. Check this broad's PolitiFact record: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/michele-bachmann/statements/

Wow. We actually agree for once lol. Her economic positions are good, but she has absolutely zero plan to get the economy going again. All she ever does is say, "I fought against the debt cieling increase," and, "Obama's policies have failed America." Well, what the he'll are you going to do to fix his mistakes? And you're right, she is known well for her lies. She's always putting her foot in her mouth.

She won because she's a woman and talks shit about Obama constantly. Typical political bullshit where mud slinging will get you ahead over your actual political records.

I don't want to start uh.... Controversy... But over 200 ballots disappeared during the voting process...

I don't want to start uh.... Controversy... But over 200 ballots disappeared during the voting process...

Same thing happened in 08. Turns out corruption isn't only an issue in Chicago. Just speculating, but Bachmann edged out Paul by 152 votes, so...

I'll believe something is up with that. :shrug:

Quote I heard from the media...

"Rick Santorum broke the cardinal rule of Republican debates... Pretend Ron Paul is invisible."

^ Awesome. It's true, I'm sure Santorum and indeed many of the Republicans wouldn't have guessed Ron would have done so well.

Guest Phailadelphia

Check this gem that I just found.

"Rape is bad. No one’s denying that, but that doesn’t mean you should be allowed to punish a child by aborting it. When it comes to having your body used against your will, wouldn’t you rather it be a baby than some brown person in a ski mask?"

Michele Bachmann told this to a bunch of women at a battered women's shelter. Nevermind she was racist as fuck in saying it.

"Rape is bad. No one’s denying that, but that doesn’t mean you should be allowed to punish a child by aborting it. When it comes to having your body used against your will, wouldn’t you rather it be a baby than some brown person in a ski mask?"

Michele Bachmann told this to a bunch of women at a battered women's shelter. Nevermind she was racist as fuck in saying it.

She continuously gives the Tea Party a bad name. If you want a real TP candidate, go Ron Paul.

"Rape is bad. No one's denying that, but that doesn't mean you should be allowed to punish a child by aborting it. When it comes to having your body used against your will, wouldn't you rather it be a baby than some brown person in a ski mask?"

You know I don't think the GOP party is innately racist but they sure as fuck seem to find a lot of racist idiots to represent them in elections.

Sounds like a real Presidential candidate doesn't she...

...scary.

I don't know which is the worst part of that statement, assuming the rapist is brown, or telling women to keep a baby conceived during the rape....

I think this is the reason why Perry has been entered into the race, to dilute the support for Ron Paul, splitting the votes, and allowing a weaker candidate to win, and get dismantled by the Obama campaign.

If Bachmann wins the primary, she has the easiest platform to gameplan against.

Edited by Krawnka

Bachmann is a fuckin' retard. She thinks CO2 isn't harmful to the environment. Go back to grade school please.

Perry is just Bush 2.0. I laughed out loud when I saw an ad for him where they showed him in a cowboy get up getting ready to go to "work." BITCH, PLEASE. A bunch of phonies. BIG FAT PHONIES.

Only guy who could really beat Obama is Ron Paul. Without all the mudslinging bullshit that is.

• Upvote 2

I don't know which is the worst part of that statement, assuming the rapist is brown, or telling women to keep a baby conceived during the rape....

I think this is the reason why Perry has been entered into the race, to dilute the support for Ron Paul, splitting the votes, and allowing a weaker candidate to win, and get dismantled by the Obama campaign.

If Bachmann wins the primary, she has the easiest platform to gameplan against.

Ron Paul delivered children into this world... Rick Perry delivered them out of it.

Presidential hopeful Rick Perry calls for smaller government, however, in 2007, as the governor of Texas he had issued an executive order mandating all sixth-grade girls to be administered the vaccine, Gardasil, (manufactured by Merck) against HPV. Perry had bypassed the legislature, stunning his conservative lawmakers, who rightfully treated this as an intrusion of government into family matters.

Read more: http://technorati.com/politics/article/candidate-rick-perry-shows-again-how/#ixzz1VJwseuXG

"Anaphylactic shock," "foaming at mouth," "grand mal convulsion," "coma" and "now paralyzed" are a few of the startling descriptions included in a new federal report describing the complications from Merck & Co.'s Gardasil medication for sexually transmitted human papillomavirus – which has been proposed as mandatory for all schoolgirls.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=68454

There's a lot more to go ith that story, but it makes my stomach twist... So I will let you (general sense) do the rest of the research.

http://truthaboutgardasil.org/

I know a lot of you dislike Alex Jones, which is fine.. Be he rightfully predicted 3.5 years ago that Perry would be running for President. When Rick Perry, a year ago, promised not to run in the election.. Alex Jones called bull shit.

And look where we are now... Rick Perry is one of, the lowest life forms on the planet. It's hard to be more of a scum bag than he is.

I agree, and I'm one of those that was drinking the Kool-aid when he was preaching 10th amendment, and threatening to sue the Federal government for infringing on state Sovereignty.

But I've recently opened my eyes, that he's just another Corporate puppet. And his purpose now, is to smokescreen the predetermined Ron Paul loss, as if our votes actually counted for something.

• Upvote 2

I agree, and I'm one of those that was drinking the Kool-aid when he was preaching 10th amendment, and threatening to sue the Federal government for infringing on state Sovereignty.

But I've recently opened my eyes, that he's just another Corporate puppet. And his purpose now, is to smokescreen the predetermined Ron Paul loss, as if our votes actually counted for something.

:(