Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

2012 GOP Primary

THIS IS AN ANONYMOUS POLL  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you supporting in the 2012 GOP Primary?

• Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Michelle Bachmann
    • Herman Cain
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Rick Santorum
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Rick Perry
    • Chris Christie
    • Sarah Palin
    • Gary Johnson

Guest Phailadelphia

Take it from someone who has had to deal with this asshat for the past 12 years: he's not a Republican and he's not a TeaBag. Perry is more of Democrat under the Republican name (does that bell ring to the tune of W. or what?). He's disliked by both Democrats and Republicans in Texas. His "Texas has jobs" bullshit is just that: bullshit. The only reason Texas didn't get hit as hard through the recession is because we have things other states can't replicate: oil revenues and heavy defense spending contracts plus military bases. People tend to ignore the fact that Texas debt has increased 282% over the last decade (that's on par with the federal government's debt increase) and that unemployment is 8.2% here--higher than every surrounding state and right around the national average. Rick Perry is a fucking joke of a politician. His record on education is an absolute joke and by the end of this year or next (because he refuses to raise taxes, mind you) he'll have cut education spending to the point that over 100,000 teachers will be laid off as the state gains over 80,000 new students. The graduation rates in Texas are garbage as well as standardized testing scores. Cuts in higher education are coming as well, leaving the students to pick up more student loan debt because of the increasing cost of school and the lack of funding from the state. I'm not even going to get into his religious zealotry.

Sorry for the long rant but I can't believe anyone is taking this jackass seriously.

• Upvote 2

Take it from someone who has had to deal with this asshat for the past 12 years: he's not a Republican and he's not a TeaBag. Perry is more of Democrat under the Republican name (does that bell ring to the tune of W. or what?). He's disliked by both Democrats and Republicans in Texas. His "Texas has jobs" bullshit is just that: bullshit. The only reason Texas didn't get hit as hard through the recession is because we have things other states can't replicate: oil revenues and heavy defense spending contracts plus military bases. People tend to ignore the fact that Texas debt has increased 282% over the last decade (that's on par with the federal government's debt increase) and that unemployment is 8.2% here--higher than every surrounding state and right around the national average. Rick Perry is a fucking joke of a politician. His record on education is an absolute joke and by the end of this year or next (because he refuses to raise taxes, mind you) he'll have cut education spending to the point that over 100,000 teachers will be laid off as the state gains over 80,000 new students. The graduation rates in Texas are garbage as well as standardized testing scores. Cuts in higher education are coming as well, leaving the students to pick up more student loan debt because of the increasing cost of school and the lack of funding from the state. I'm not even going to get into his religious zealotry.

Sorry for the long rant but I can't believe anyone is taking this jackass seriously.

+1... It's nice to hear sensible talk from sensible people.

Same people who are backing Obama, back Perry.... And even though he is an awful politician and an equally bad person... He is going to be RAMMED down our throats as the #1 candidate, the front runner, etc etc. And uninformed voters are going to just gobble that up.

So... either way, whether Obama wins it again (which I expect), or a guy like Perry takes it... They (the establishment) still wins. Politics is so depressing.

I think a Perry / Bachmann ticket is likely... Although a lot can happen until that decision has to be made.

Guest Phailadelphia

+1... It's nice to hear sensible talk from sensible people.

Same people who are backing Obama, back Perry.... And even though he is an awful politician and an equally bad person... He is going to be RAMMED down our throats as the #1 candidate, the front runner, etc etc. And uninformed voters are going to just gobble that up.

So... either way, whether Obama wins it again (which I expect), or a guy like Perry takes it... They (the establishment) still wins. Politics is so depressing.

I think a Perry / Bachmann ticket is likely... Although a lot can happen until that decision has to be made.

Pretty much...and that's what will likely point me towards voting for Obama. I know I defend the guy on here at times but his term has been pretty disappointing. At the same time, I'm not going to vote for anyone who promises not to raise taxes when it's very fucking obvious (to me at least) it needs to happen quickly.

Ron Paul launched a new ad... Pretty epic, imo.

• Upvote 1

Not going to lie...not a huge fan of the new ad. Not his style. He's never been about target other candidates or calling himself "the one" and all that showy stuff. He's always focused on the facts and what he believes we need to do to get back on track.

Guest Phailadelphia

lol @ calling yourself "The One." Good grief. :laugh:

He kind is though...

The one true politician...

The one consistent voting record...

The one who fights for the Constitution...

On and on and on...

Guest Phailadelphia

He kind is though...

The one true politician...

The one consistent voting record...

The one who fights for the Constitution...

On and on and on...

He's still a politician.

He's still a politician.

Not in the same sense that Obama / Perry / Zombie Eyes / Romney are politicians.

Definitely two separate breeds of human being.

And he's still human, how long can he hold up against the corporation/banks when they start throwing "campaign contributions" at him...he's safe for now, because he's not really a threat to them, yet.

What about if he actually threatens the race. (fantasy I know)

We've all seen what a high dollar campaign can do for a weak candidate, the media is already against him, Bildeberg has already chosen Perry, so take a guess how much money his campaign is going to have.

I still believe it's all a smokescreen to fool us into thinking our vote actually counts... Electoral > Popular vote anyway.

Not going to lie...not a huge fan of the new ad. Not his style. He's never been about target other candidates or calling himself "the one" and all that showy stuff. He's always focused on the facts and what he believes we need to do to get back on track.

Yeah well simply focusing on issues and not mudslinging is a great way to get someone else elected.

Missed this post before...

Ron has NEVER been afraid to call out fellow candidates ON THE ISSUES. He won't just go up on stage and say something like "Rick Perry wears womens underwear"... But in interviews, if asked, he doesn't hold much of anything back, whether it be about his views or anothers.

Missed this post before...

Ron has NEVER been afraid to call out fellow candidates ON THE ISSUES. He won't just go up on stage and say something like "Rick Perry wears womens underwear"... But in interviews, if asked, he doesn't hold much of anything back, whether it be about his views or anothers.

I agree that he goes after candidates views, but he doesn't usually run ads like these that don't offer specifics and just smear other candidates. One of the things I think is awesome about him is that he is all about substance while other candidates appeal to people's emotions and such.

The more I read and watch this guy speak, the more that I like his principled nature. I personally don't agree with everything that he believes, but at least he isn't sucking the corporate cock of every big business in America. I also like the background music in that ad, made me get a jolt of energy!!!

Edited by CARDINALOFWISDOM

I agree that he goes after candidates views, but he doesn't usually run ads like these that don't offer specifics and just smear other candidates. One of the things I think is awesome about him is that he is all about substance while other candidates appeal to people's emotions and such.

He didn't really do that... In my opinion anyway.

Anything even close would be using words like "rhetoric", "he said, she said", "division", etc etc. Pretty basic stuff. It's about how he stands apart from the others, more so on what he does and what he stands for.

There's only so much you can cram into 60 seconds. lol

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy." - Ron Paul

One of my favorite quotes of all time. Whenever I warn someone against something and they ignore me, I think of this quote.

For any Ron Paul supporters, you can e-mail misterhan49@gmail.com with your address and they will send you a free package of Ron Paul bumperstickers, lapel stickers, political quizzes, etc. I trust it because RP's Facebook page reccomended it. You can send 44-cent stamps to support the cause, but I don't know the address for that.

Also, for IA (F4E), NH, and SC residents they have special packages.

Edited by WindyCitySports

The debate tonight was a waste of time. It was a Perry-Romney dual of talking points and very few speciffics. The three most stright-talking and sensical candidates are the ones getting ignored: Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, and RON PAUL.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Newt Gingrich is a straight-talker? Really?

Herman Cain is kind of a buffoon as well... lol

"Herman, what is your stance on Iraq?"

"I don't have a stance, Mr. Moderator."

"Okay then... moving on."

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Herman Cain is kind of a buffoon as well... lol

"Herman, what is your stance on Iraq?"

"I don't have a stance, Mr. Moderator."

"Okay then... moving on."

Here's my 9-9-9 plan for you: 9 pizzas with 9 toppings for $9.99.

lmao...

He's one of those guys that talks a lot, but doesn't really say anything.

:rofl: He didn't stop talking about the 9-9-9 plan.

Anyway, Cain and Newt are a hell of a lot better than the sly bastards called Mitt and Rick.