Guest Phailadelphia

Dear Philadelphia,

I don't like this comparison. It's totally different.

Especially coming from a Cowboys fan...:rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, there shouldn't be so much hype. I don't remember the Steelers, Saints or Colts having an elite corner.

The Eagles are gonna bust DRC isn't that good of a CB as he used to be and Samuel gambles to much and he's gonna gamble even more because he's gonna wanna go to a new team and get a huge contract, he might also feel that he can gamble more because of DRC and Nnamdi on the field with him. Also they as of right now have no receivers, Jackson is just ending a holdout (remember how well that worked for Revis messing up his hammy), Maclin has Mono or something weird and Steve Smith just had micro-fracture surgery and he's out about a month. In the end the Eagles will have a pretty good defense but they won't be nearly as good as everyone thinks they will be. They will win the NFC East though because the Giants lost some of their better players, the Redskins just flat out blow, and the Cowboys won't step it up this year.

So they'll make it to the big game and lose?

So they'll make it to the big game and lose?

Not even close. I figure another NFCCG fade out.

They have the talent to get to the playoffs, they just won't win in them. They won't be able to match up with some of the other big teams.

The Eagles are gonna bust DRC isn't that good of a CB as he used to be and Samuel gambles to much and he's gonna gamble even more because he's gonna wanna go to a new team and get a huge contract, he might also feel that he can gamble more because of DRC and Nnamdi on the field with him. Also they as of right now have no receivers, Jackson is just ending a holdout (remember how well that worked for Revis messing up his hammy), Maclin has Mono or something weird and Steve Smith just had micro-fracture surgery and he's out about a month. In the end the Eagles will have a pretty good defense but they won't be nearly as good as everyone thinks they will be. They will win the NFC East though because the Giants lost some of their better players, the Redskins just flat out blow, and the Cowboys won't step it up this year.

I LOVE hearing that Samuel gambles too much. It really makes me LOL. He was targeted less than 40 times last year because he was so good and the RCB rotation was so bad. And he raped everyone. Seriously, less than 40 targets, one of the lowest catch rates, AND he still got 7 picks. You know why I usually don't talk about other people's teams, especially outside of the NFC East? Because I honestly don't know that much about them compared to their fans here, and I ask questions instead of make assumptions. The difference between me and you is that you pretend and act like you do know.

And LOL at saying we have "no receivers" because DeSean held out and Revis pulled his hammy when he held out last year. That's a classic. Revis was obviously the first player ever to hold out, and his pulled hammy is 100% because he held out. Are you fucking serious?

What do you mean DRC isn't as good a CB as he used to be? it's only his 4th season it's not like we have some long career and he's getting old, his ints went down from 6 to 3 but that's it. The whole Cardinals D seemed to suck last year. They were on the field a lot more though because the offense could do jack.

heatles.jpg

That is all.

So we'll be set up to win for years to come? Thanks. Means a lot coming from a division rival.

So we'll be set up to win for years to come? Thanks. Means a lot coming from a division rival.

Not to mention that loading up on stars works a lot better in football than it does in basketball.

heatles.jpg

That is all.

If the Eagles make it to the big dance like the Heat, where does that put the Cowboys? :facepalm:

Not to mention that loading up on stars works a lot better in football than it does in basketball.

Yes, unless of course you're the Redskins.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

If the Eagles make it to the big dance like the Heat, where does that put the Cowboys? :facepalm:

The Cowboys have the comfort of 5 Lombardi trophies and even more comfort in watching the Eagles fail in the big dance for the 3rd time.

The Cowboys have the comfort of 5 Lombardi trophies and even more comfort in watching the Eagles fail in the big dance for the 3rd time.

So you're okay with your team playing bad as long as your arch rivals make it to the Super Bowl then lose?

That's retarded.

Guest Phailadelphia

So you're okay with your team playing bad as long as your arch rivals make it to the Super Bowl then lose?

That's retarded.

It was more of an admittance than the Cowboys aren't Super Bowl contenders while the Eagles might be. So yes, I'll revel in watching them lose for the 3rd time in the Super Bowl while my Cowboys fill a couple of holes.

I said what I said about DRC after reading an article on how corners were ranked. DRC had the biggest downgrade of about 15 points. They still have no receivers. Did you watch the game yesterday? All Vick did was force passes into double coverage. Without Steve Smith and Jeremy Maclin they are gonna have a terrible offense, I mean how much can you give the ball to McCoy till he gets hurt or have Vick throw into double coverage. I never said Asante was bad at what he did. I just said that he gambles... a lot. Does it work for him yeah, other corners... not so much. QBs don't throw to Asante that much because of his INT rate, which again is only so high because of how often he gambles on flat routes.

They still have no receivers. Did you watch the game yesterday? All Vick did was force passes into double coverage. Without Steve Smith and Jeremy Maclin they are gonna have a terrible offense,

Really basing a lot off a preseason game. A terrible offense would be unlikely for a team that was 3rd in points and second in yards last year, and didn't lose any major starters, nor change scheme. I dunno what about the tenure of Andy Reid as head coach would lead you to believe this is likely so you must be basing it on a practice game.

I know it's only practice but still why would he do that. He has no other weapons with Jackson being double covered all the time most likely and having a TE and RB ... that isn't gonna account for much. Again Smith and Maclin are going to be out during the first month of the season. So who is he throwing to... McCoy till people gamble on flat routes? His TE? That might work but not every game, and Reid certainly won't have Vick running all game to make the offense work.

I know it's only practice but still why would he do that. He has no other weapons with Jackson being double covered all the time most likely and having a TE and RB ... that isn't gonna account for much. Again Smith and Maclin are going to be out during the first month of the season. So who is he throwing to... McCoy till people gamble on flat routes? His TE? That might work but not every game, and Reid certainly won't have Vick running all game to make the offense work.

Says who? He's going to be in practice in 7 days. "His TE?" You know the name of "his TE?" Brent Celek has been pretty damn good whenever we throw to him, but he was forced to block last season to protect Vick.

Guest Phailadelphia

Preseason game or not, Vick did not react well to pressure. We saw that at the end of last season (Minnesota game in particular comes to mind) and it doesn't appear he's gotten much better in that aspect.

Preseason game or not, Vick did not react well to pressure. We saw that at the end of last season (Minnesota game in particular comes to mind) and it doesn't appear he's gotten much better in that aspect.

Antoine Winfield :rock: