Sign in to follow this  
Touchdown

Notre Dame 2011 Season

So I think ND will meet my criteria for a successful season - beat USC, finish with a winning record (possibly 8-4 or 9-3 this year) and go to a BCS Bowl Game and win it. Questions? Comments?

I agree. I trampoline some of the improvements in the last few years and I definitely think that a national championship is possible in the next 5 years.

I'm not being a homer, my Iowa, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Illinois fan friends agrees with me.

Edited by WindyCitySports

So I think ND will meet my criteria for a successful season - beat USC, finish with a winning record (possibly 8-4 or 9-3 this year) and go to a BCS Bowl Game and win it. Questions? Comments?

Notre Dame has to finish in the top 8 for an automatic BCS bowl bid. I can't imagine that happening with 3 or 4 losses.

• Upvote 1

Notre Dame has to finish in the top 8 for an automatic BCS bowl bid. I can't imagine that happening with 3 or 4 losses.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Good luck Irish, you'll need it.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Good luck Irish, you'll need it.

Same to your Razorbacks. :) Come back and talk to me when you have half the national championships we do.

Same to your Razorbacks. :) Come back and talk to me when you have half the national championships we do.

:rofl:

Butthurt.

:rofl:

Butthurt.

Not really...just responding to one of the many Notre Dame insults I hear every day.

Not really...just responding to one of the many Notre Dame insults I hear every day.

It's hard being an ND fan, putting up with the constant negativity, but whether we make a Bowl game automatically or otherwise, we will this season.

I agree. I trampoline some of the improvements in the last few years and I definitely think that a national championship is possible in the next 5 years.

I'm not being a homer, my Iowa, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Illinois fan friends agrees with me.

Thanks for your gentlemanly comment. Good luck to your team too and enjoy the football.

Haha both the quotes were from me. It I hard being an ND fan, even living in an area with a good amount of Irish fans. I get crap from fans of every team, regardless of whether those teams are our rivals or not.

Haha both the quotes were from me. It I hard being an ND fan, even living in an area with a good amount of Irish fans. I get crap from fans of every team, regardless of whether those teams are our rivals or not.

ND fans are easy to hate. Especially when they lose to a fake field goal. :rofl:

ND fans are easy to hate. Especially when they lose to a fake field goal. :rofl:

MSU fans are easy to hate. Especially when they send death threats to a guy for posting an anti-MSU video on YouTube. (No smiley here because it isn't funny)

Excited for the season this year. Like some of the players they recruited, especially that Lynch kid. He seems like he is gonna be a beast. Also, Stephen Tuitt and Ishaq Williams! All on the Dline. I really like what Coach Kelly is doing, ND will be one of the top teams in the nation very soon.

Edited by BradyFan81

Notre Dame vs University of South Florida on Saturday, first game of the season. Go Fighting Irish!

Notre Dame vs University of South Florida on Saturday, first game of the season. Go Fighting Irish!

I'll be at the game! I'm so pumped!

GO IRISH!!!

0-2, I guess the season hasn't started too well. :nope:

What do you think about Brian Kelly whining about ND's schedule?

Our schedule this year is not hard. It is next year that we have to worry about.

I think he complains too much and is too emotional, and it shows the other teams and coaches weakness and a lack of cohesiveness. To see him on the sidelines whining to Tommy Rees for taking a time-out is one thing, his red zone offense play calling is another, his complaining about the schedule is just the icing on the cake. We do not have a very difficult season schedule, really, but we're still losing. It has got to be something that'll change at ND before any good comes of the next few weeks.

Ah well, at least we won a game, 31-13 over Michigan State. Go undefeated until the end of the season?

If we win out, we have a shot at the BCS. I think Stanford is our only true threat and we will lose against them. We will also probably lose to a team we are supposed to beat. I agree with Touchdown: 9-3, more likely 8-4, though.

3-2 ND, comfortable win over Purdue. Should beat Air Force next, then a week off and then...USC! Big game.

I MIGHT have tickets to the USC game. I would be SO pumped if that happens.

Hope you get the tickets, WCS, it would be awesome to witness that game in person.

• Upvote 1