Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

Are you pro-change or anti-change?

I know this differs from situation to situation, but most people are naturally either opposed to change or in favor of it.

Personally, I am typically against big changes. Whenever an issue comes up with my family or friends about some big change, my instinct tells me to go against it. Once I think it through, I sometimes change my mind, but I am almost always initially against the change when it is first brought up.

• Upvote 1

I agree that it varies from case to case and person to person. I think people who are thrown into rapidly changing situations are more likely to favor them later on because it's what they are accustomed to. Take the military, police forces, or EMTs as quick examples. Growing up at home I was strongly opposed to anything that messed with my daily routine. 6 years after being on my own, I've become a little more open to it due to my career, marriage, and even a drastic shift in religious views. A lot of people only view change as bad because we are instinctively inclined to be wary of unknown scenarios.

Regarding significant things: anti-change.

The grass is always dead on the other side.

Edited by Superbowlbuc

I think it depends from situation to situation, and person to person, but I believe that most people like change if it can benefit them, even in the smallest of ways. I think in terms of society, there are man made changes and more "organic" changes that happen when a new generation develops into adults. By man made changes I mean like forcing people to change when they don't need too, like changing a particular rule or law that doesn't really need changing. By "organic" changes I mean like the way social media has changed the way people communicate, and the way people think about social interaction and human contact. It was not forced upon the general public by some legal authority, it cam about more through the changing thinking process in the human brain, through education and the advancement of "thinking outside the box", which happens through education and more general knowledge then the past generations.

In general though, I am neutral or anti-change if it doesn't help to make people better, both in the material sense, but more importantly, in the most fundamental ways like how you treat others around you, or the state of your mental health.

I don't think it matters at all by the situation. If the change is going to happen, it's going to happen.. whether I want it to or not. I've learned (especially recently) that no matter how much I go for or against something, it's going to go along however it will. I have no control over much so I suppose I'm in that grey area in between.

I am not a fan of change in any circumstance. I know that it cannot always be helped and change in inevitable, but I still don't like it.

Change is always occurring, so while I'm not always a fan of it, I'm willing to accept and not take retroactive measures.

• Upvote 1

Change is always occurring, so while I'm not always a fan of it, I'm willing to accept and not take retroactive measures.

This seems very reasonable. :beerchug2:

I hate change.

But with that said, my life has been nothing but one change to another since I was a kid. Not a whole lot of stability.

I don't like too much change. Love stability. However, I am a very adaptable person, as I've had to learn to be early in life. So when it comes to relationships, job or where I live, I definitely want something stable. If its little things like what I usually eat, my haircut or clothes, that I do like to change it up after a while.

I believe in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"..but if it's broken, by all means fix it...I can adapt, but I prefer it's warranted, not whimsical.