Sign in to follow this  
FSUViking

This makes me seriously want to beat the sh-t out of somebody

Wtf is up with our country/world? I'm getting so sick of seeing stupid shit like this all the time.

“They should make it happen. I’m sure there are going to be a lot of people here who shouldn’t be here.”

Pretty much what I think.

On Friday, House Speaker Rep. John Boehner said the government would be paying for representatives from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to attend the ceremony.

Wait wait wait. So people who actually lost family have to pay, first responders who risked their lives and who's friends/families died in the attack aren't invited, but the government, the same one that is in debt, is going to pay for a bunch of most likely rich and well paid government representatives to go? What the fuck is wrong with politicians? Holy fuck.

• Upvote 1

First responders will be given a separate ceremony at a later date.

well there's a fucking consolation, "you can have a ceremony commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11, the only problem, it won't actually be on the 10th anniversary of 9/11" you have to be fucking kidding

Edited by oochymp

Being a resident in New York, I can honestly say, not only does New York once again FAIL to impress me. . I also can not say that I'm surprised by this.

New York is so ass-backwards in thinking, that this almost comes as expected. It's almost like they are spitting in the face of heroes. Pathetic. I guess that's one way to lose votes!

It just never stops...

What the FUCK is wrong with people and our country!?? When will it stop!?

These people are no ordinary people...these people are FUCKING HEROES! But they are continually treated like shit...

Then on top of it the GOVERNMENT is paying well off...wealthy politicians to make the trip...fuck the people that actually DESERVE to be there...right?

Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

Being a resident in New York, I can honestly say, not only does New York once again FAIL to impress me. . I also can not say that I'm surprised by this.

New York is so ass-backwards in thinking, that this almost comes as expected. It's almost like they are spitting in the face of heroes. Pathetic. I guess that's one way to lose votes!

It's not only in New York, brother. American society is turning into a big group of idiots, whether it be these people who care nothing about these heroes, or the peoole who are too patriotic. There's just no such thing as moderate (aka sane) anymore.

And regarding the separate ceremony for the heroes (not "first responders" or "workers," HEROES), it's bullshit. It's like a kid at school knowing all of the answers and the teacher telling the kid he needs to go sit in the coroner and have his own class by himself.

This lets me know they have a short memory and a black heart. After the September 11th attacks, it brought our nation so close together that we were truly one nation under God. This is proof that many have gone back to the "me" mentality instead of "we." I know it requires scheduling and planning (and it's too late now) but couldn't they shut down the roads around Ground Zero to fit more people? I understand that not all the first responders could fit or probably even make it but still, requesting representatives for them would be a lot smarter than government representatives (especially Connecticut, wtf?).

And what's this security issue they're talking about? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO RISKED THEIR LIVES TO SAVE OTHERS! THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WE TRUST DAY IN AND DAY OUT TO PROTECT US! THEY ARE THE FUCKING SECURITY!

Not surprising at all. I really hope when these politicians are trapped in a burning building or whatever, no one comes for them.

Not surprising at all. I really hope when these politicians are trapped in a burning building or whatever, no one comes for them.

Yeah, and NYPD and FDNY can say "hey....you didn't invite us to come rescue you." :shrug:

Pretty pathetic. First responders on that day would have been the first people to invite...

Fucking politicians...

/thread

Man, a third party really needs to rise in this country and kick some ass.

I agree with this. These politicans are nothing more than a bunch of assholes. This is a complete disgrace, and even that is putting it lightly. What a fucking joke.

Edited by BigBen07