Sign in to follow this  
Glanvilles Grits

Matt Ryan vs Peyton Manning

This is the first time that I think a person who isn't a Falcons fan hit the nail on the head with Matt Ryan. Not to mention, it was an Indianapolis Colts fan who did this.

Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan: First 3 Years

It's not really a contest in terms of the first 3 years. (Remember, IGNORING Peytons future statistics and just looking at the first 3 years worth of stats) Peyton is for sure the better quarterback in my eyes. But that's not why I love Matt Ryan. Ryan could be mediocre, outside the top 12 QB's in the league on most peoples standards, and I would still be a huge supporter and fan. Why? Because he's a leader. Although his stats trail Peytons already by quite a bit, he has the same mentality as Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady for that matter. He's a leader. It's HIS football team.

He's less worried about whether he's in the same class as other quarterbacks, what other QB's are doing and such, more worried about making sure his team is confident, and that they win football games. I love that.

I like Matt Ryan and the fact that he's a leader for his team is great. However, being a leader is part of a quarterbacks job, look around the league and you will see every team's QB talked about as a leader by his teammates and coaches. I believe it's ok to be criticizing players for their lack of leadership at the QB position because they're not doing their job, but lets not act like there are only a select few QB's out there that act as leaders for their teams.

This is not a slight towards you or Ryan at all.

Yeah, but it's hard for a "great leader" to lead his team to a championship if he's not a top 10 QB.

i don't understand what this thread is about. are we arguing who is the better quarterback or who is the better leader? or are you just telling us why you love matt ryan?

• Upvote 1

Can i just say how much I fucking despise these asinine "vs" threads?

• Upvote 1

He sure did a great job of leading his team to an ass kicking against the Packers in the playoffs last year.

• Upvote 1

i don't understand what this thread is about. are we arguing who is the better quarterback or who is the better leader? or are you just telling us why you love matt ryan?

My thoughts exactly...

Pretty much this. :question:

I was posting a good article that a Colts fan wrote, it had to do with the NFC south and it was a good read. . . Sorry, Won't post anymore. . :facepalm:

Case in point, Matt Ryan has all the potential in the world, he could very well be the guy that Peyton passes the torch to. Then again, Matt Stafford is probably better than him if the guy can stay healthy.

Edited by Chris D

I was posting a good article that a Colts fan wrote, it had to do with the NFC south and it was a good read. . . Sorry, Won't post anymore. . :facepalm:

Case in point, Matt Ryan has all the potential in the world, he could very well be the guy that Peyton passes the torch to. Then again, Matt Stafford is probably better than him if the guy can stay healthy.

Already passed to Aaron Rodgers.

There are 5 QBs I'd take over Peyton Manning right now. He's deteriorating.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Rodgers is a different type of QB to me.

He's not a line surgeon, he's more or so a guy that hikes the ball and picks the defense apart. I have yet to see him run a complete no huddle without the help of the coaches. Same goes for a guy the name of Phillip Rivers.

There are gunslinger quarterbacks, and there are line surgeons. Ryan is in the line surgeon department. He won't ever be the best all around quarterback, but he'll see the defense and throw them off with playcalls. As seen so many times in 2010 at the end of games when they went to the no huddle.

He's not a line surgeon, he's more or so a guy that hikes the ball and picks the defense apart. I have yet to see him run a complete no huddle without the help of the coaches. Same goes for a guy the name of Phillip Rivers.

There are gunslinger quarterbacks, and there are line surgeons. Ryan is in the line surgeon department. He won't ever be the best all around quarterback, but he'll see the defense and throw them off with playcalls. As seen so many times in 2010 at the end of games when they went to the no huddle.

Uh, what? Do you have any proof that Aaron needs HELP running no huddle.

Our first team has been running it ALL preseason long this year and he (Aaron) looks even better than he was last year, and that's while taking like 14 sacks behind his starting OLine. Expect to see a lot more no huddle this season from Aaron and the Packers.

I'd like to paraphrase an old saying: anything Matt Ryan can do, Rodgers can do better.

Matt Ryan is still a good QB, but he's not on Rodgers's level yet, and no where close to Peyton Manning career wise, nor do I think he'll ever pass Manning's status.

Both Rivers and Rodgers are completely competent QB's who can run a no-huddle on their own. If Matt Ryan is so good at the no huddle and throwing off defenses with his witty playcalls, then what the fuck happened in January?

I'd like to paraphrase an old saying: anything Matt Ryan can do, Rodgers can do better.

Matt Ryan is still a good QB, but he's not on Rodgers's level yet, and no where close to Peyton Manning career wise, nor do I think he'll ever pass Manning's status.

Both Rivers and Rodgers are completely competent QB's who can run a no-huddle on their own. If Matt Ryan is so good at the no huddle and throwing off defenses with his witty playcalls, then what the fuck happened in January?

Bad playcalling by Mularky. They weren't in the no-huddle. Mularky is such garbage.