Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Ravens’ Doss gets a burger, halts a knife attack before game

Source

Ravens rookie receiver Tandon Doss stopped for a burger at Five Guys before playing in Thursday night’s preseason game against the Redskins. He ended up playing hero to a man who was getting attacked inside the restaurant.

Doss wrote about the incident on Twitter, saying, “Jus had to break up a fight at five guys. Baltimore is too ratchet!!!”

After the game against the Redskins, reporters asked Doss about his Twitter posts, and Doss expanded on what happened.

I saw somebody start fighting, and I broke it up,” Doss said. “That’s all it was to me. . . . I mean, it was two dudes on one. I was trying to help the situation out. I broke it up.”

Doss may have saved the man’s life: According to Baltimore police, two former Five Guys employees attacked the manager with a knife, and the manager had to be treated for a cut on his chin.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Doss said after the game that he was just doing what he thought was right.

“I saw the guy on the ground bleeding, and I saw a guy on top hitting him,” he said. “So I stopped it.”

A fourth-round draft pick from Indiana, Doss had some people on Twitter hailing him as a hero and others telling him it was stupid to get into the middle of a potentially dangerous situation. Doss told the critics he’d never just stand by and watch someone get attacked.

“I’m not gunna sit there and let someone get jumped idk where ur from but we don’t do that in Indy,” Doss wrote.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said the first he heard of it was when reporters questioned him about it after the game.

“I’m not on Twitter,” he said. “I’ll be looking into that.”

More people should be like Doss. I've seen tons of bystanders on youtube videos watching 2+ people beat on one person. It's nice to see a guy like this step up and get involved.

• Upvote 1

Very stand-up quality shown right there.

It's good to see a positive example being set by pro athletes from time to time.

And I agree, too many people just recording something like that, and not enough people doing what's right.

If somebody started some shit at Five Guys, I'd step in too. That's some good eatin and I don't need fuckers messin up my dinner.

Just found out we've got one of those in town, I will have to partake in this Five Guys Burger deal...

I wonder if he bled by the gigantic ketchup container...

Seriously though, major props to Tandon Doss.

At the same time, how much of a dick is that manager? Or how big of delinquents were those employees? There's so much more here I want to know!

Five Guys is awesome, but before a football game? DAMN. Dude must have a gut of steel.

Awesome, awesome story. Always love reading about people taking a stand instead of standing by and whipping out their iPhones as NaTaS alluded to. And as some others have mentioned, Five Guys is really good fucking food. I'm hungry...

Burgers for the pregame? How does that work eatin burgers in the NFL unless you're a DT or something?

I've wanted to eat at Five Guys for a long time but I'm not driving all the way to Atlanta for some burgers.

I've wanted to eat at Five Guys for a long time but I'm not driving all the way to Atlanta for some burgers.

Depending on how far you are from Atlanta, it may be worth it.