Sign in to follow this  
FSUViking

LSU suspends Jordan Jefferson indefinitely

Naughty boy!

Second degree battery. What kind of fucking coward pussy kicks a man in the head when a bunch of your equally cowardly pussy buddies have already beat him to the ground?

Fantastic news for LSU fans. Now they have a chance in the SEC.

Judging by the report, Les Miles should have made him a punter

Good call by LSU.

This sounds like salt in the wound to me, with a delayed effect. They're overrated again, which will be obvious in the weeks to come. They got that high on reputation, not talent on the field. They've now lost their starting QB and their offense is lackluster already. Their defense is usually their strong point but the SEC (and other scheduled opponents.. Oregon, WVU) are offense-first.. so they'll be tested real quick. Don't think it's going to look good for the Madhatter soon. May end up running off to Michigan because LSU fans are going to chanting "Off with his head."

This helps out Oregon HUGELY and swings the game firmly in the Ducks favour. The Oregon offence is still as high powered as it ever has been and the Black Mamba has arrived. It will be interesting to see how the defences do though.

This helps out Oregon HUGELY and swings the game firmly in the Ducks favour. The Oregon offence is still as high powered as it ever has been and the Black Mamba has arrived. It will be interesting to see how the defences do though.

You act as if Jordan Jefferson is a great QB. :rolleyes:

You act as if Jordan Jefferson is a great QB. :rolleyes:

No but think of it their "star" QB who has taken probably 9 out of 10 1st team reps, the replacement QB is not going to have the same cohesion and timing with the WRs. Which is why it will help hugely as it's a young Oregon defence now with people not sure how they will cope.

Oregon are going to have to outscore people like they have been until we know what the happy hap is with the D.

This sounds like salt in the wound to me, with a delayed effect. They're overrated again, which will be obvious in the weeks to come. They got that high on reputation, not talent on the field. They've now lost their starting QB and their offense is lackluster already. Their defense is usually their strong point but the SEC (and other scheduled opponents.. Oregon, WVU) are offense-first.. so they'll be tested real quick. Don't think it's going to look good for the Madhatter soon. May end up running off to Michigan because LSU fans are going to chanting "Off with his head."

This. LSU is way overrated this year IMO. No doubt it will be exposed early on. Expect a blowout week one.

As of right now, LSU is still a 3 point favorite

The Ducks have problems of their own. They're playing without their best corner, Cliff Harris, and people are still waiting to see what happens with QB Darron Thomas. When you watch the actual police stop of Harris, captured by the dash cam, the officer asks him where the rest of the marijuana is. Harris responds by saying "we smoked it all". Darron Thomas was in the back seat.

Vegas pulled this game after that video was produced. It just recently went back up, and Oregon is the underdog.

No but think of it their "star" QB who has taken probably 9 out of 10 1st team reps, the replacement QB is not going to have the same cohesion and timing with the WRs.

Jefferson is not their ''star'' QB, he's just their starting QB. And FWIW, Jarrett Lee got plenty on playing time last year.

Expect a blowout week one.

LSU might lose, but it sure as hell won't be a blowout. :laugh:

Jefferson is not their ''star'' QB, he's just their starting QB. And FWIW, Jarrett Lee got plenty on playing time last year.

LSU might lose, but it sure as hell won't be a blowout. :laugh:

I have high expectations of Oregon this year to begin with, and this news just further weakens LSU, who I already had very low expectations of.

Edited by WindyCitySports

As of right now, LSU is still a 3 point favorite

The Ducks have problems of their own. They're playing without their best corner, Cliff Harris, and people are still waiting to see what happens with QB Darron Thomas. When you watch the actual police stop of Harris, captured by the dash cam, the officer asks him where the rest of the marijuana is. Harris responds by saying "we smoked it all". Darron Thomas was in the back seat.

Vegas pulled this game after that video was produced. It just recently went back up, and Oregon is the underdog.

Thomas is in the clear as Harris has all ready said Thomas didn't have any weed and the fact that Chip Kelly has all ready said he is not going to be punished for being a passenger in a car I am not worried in the slightest.

On Harris yes its a big blow to our return game but that's about it we have enough cover there. Add the fact that you add DeAnthony Thomas to LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner means that running game is going to be hard to stop. Thomas was the star for Oregon in the BCS and I see him continuing that form.

ESPN Gameday crew said they expect Oregon to win and in all honesty they are who I am going to believe.

On Harris yes its a big blow to our return game but that's about it we have enough cover there.

Harris isn't a big blow to the return game. He's one of the best cover corners in the country, a first-round prospect for the 2012 draft. It's a big blow to the secondary.

I originally felt LSU would win this game, becuase long layoffs always favor defenses. If you look at Oregon's losses over the past two years, the majority have come at either the beginning or end of the season.

•  
  • Lost the 2009 opener to Boise State. Scored only 8 points.

•  
  • After the long layoff, lost to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. Scored 17

•  
  • Ran all over a terrible New Mexico team in the 2010 opener, but again, after a long layoff, managed only 19 points in the Championship game against Auburn.

I think this is why LSU is favored in Vegas, plus the fact Oregon is minus its best defender.

I have high expectations of Oregon this year to begin with, and this news just further weakens LSU, who I already had very low expectations of.

If you've ever watched Jordan Jefferson, you'll see that it's not that big of a loss for LSU.

ESPN Gameday crew said they expect Oregon to win and in all honesty they are who I am going to believe.

Since when the fuck did the ESPN Gameday crew become the voice of reason? :rofl:

• Upvote 1

If you've ever watched Jordan Jefferson, you'll see that it's not that big of a loss for LSU.

Since when the fuck did the ESPN Gameday crew become the voice of reason? :rofl:

True, Jefferson being out could be viewed as a blessing for LSU.

And the only function of the ESPN Gameday crew is to hype the event for Network. If LSU was opening against Fresno State and it was going to be televised on ESPN or ABC, the GameDay crew would spend weeks telling you how dangerous Fresno is, and at least one of them would pick an upset.

Ok so the gameday crew thing probably not the best example to use but everything I have seen has suggested that Oregon should win. An as a Oregon homer that is the way I will always go.

On Harris yes I know he is one of the best returners and cover corners in the nation, however Dior Mathis is going to be able to step in with out too much problems and keep his man locked down. With our LB's we still have Clay, Kamalani and Lomboko who should all come in and lock down regular playing time with out a lot of hassle either.

I am not worried in the slightest about LSU as they are overrated and once Harris does return we will be back on our way towards a BCS game again

I said that I had low expectations of the Tigers to begin with and this adds to it. You're obviously a little bit angry that I said I didn't think LSU was going to be good this year, seeing that you are an LSU fan.

+1 for the Gameday comment, though. I watch the show for the atmosphere and entertainment, but you really can't take what they say seriously, especially Corso.

+1 for the Gameday comment, though. I watch the show for the atmosphere and entertainment, but you really can't take what they say seriously, especially Corso.

You can understand Corso? He slurs, mumbles, and stutters so much.. I feel like I need to turn closed captions on. Only thing is, I know whatever he's saying is garbage so I don't waste my time.

And to whoever believes it will be a "blowout," what's this based on?

I said that I had low expectations of the Tigers to begin with and this adds to it. You're obviously a little bit angry that I said I didn't think LSU was going to be good this year, seeing that you are an LSU fan.

Que? All I said was that Jefferson isn't going to be that big of a loss for LSU. :shrug:

Kirk Herbstreit is among the very best at what he does, regardless of the sport and I'll have words with any man who says different. Corso is a sideshow clown. If they need a third man, get rid of Howard and, as much as I can't fucking stand the asshole, replace him with Mark May.

Kirk Herbstreit is among the very best at what he does, regardless of the sport and I'll have words with any man who says different. Corso is a sideshow clown. If they need a third man, get rid of Howard and, as much as I can't fucking stand the asshole, replace him with Mark May.

Herbie is sensible most of the time, but he has me scratching my head over his pick of UCLA winning the Pac 12 south by default, because SC can't play in the championship game. I think there are still three teams better than the Bruins.

I also can't stand Mark May. He sucked Trojan cock for three years, trying to make up for everything he said before they played OU in the title game. But the worst by far, and the biggest homer on the network is Lou Holtz. I'm still waiting for Dr. Lou to make his championship pick for this year---Notre Dame vs South Carolina.

I'm not sure I actually agree with this suspension. The media glorifies everything these days. 10 Years ago if this happened with a player, we never would have heard about it and they would have kept playing as usual.

Then again, I guess that's what happens with the advances of media and entertainment.

Que? All I said was that Jefferson isn't going to be that big of a loss for LSU. :shrug:

I was responding to your comment that there was no way LSU was going to be blown out. I believe it might happen.