Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Vikes sign AP to seven-year deal

Per Rotoworld.com:

Vikings agreed to terms with RB Adrian Peterson on a seven-year, $100 million contract.

The biggest deal ever given to a running back includes $36 million in guaranteed money, which is $6 million more than Chris Johnson landed earlier this month. If Peterson makes it through the entire contract, he'll make an average of $14.3 million per year through 2017. It's an astronomical deal for a running back, but it's hard to argue Peterson hasn't earned it by averaging 1,445 rushing yards and 13.5 touchdowns since coming into the league in 2007. He's coming off his "worst" season, which saw him rush for 1,298 yards while finding the end-zone 12 times. Sep 10 - 3:00 PM

Source: ProFootballTalk on Twitter

Cause he is a Titans homer.

• Upvote 1

CJ deserved that deal more then AP

How? AP is clearly better than Johnson and will continue to be so. Like Lost Viking said, he didn't come out and whine and hold out. He just went with the flow and played in camp and preseason games. AP is definitely more deserving of that contract than Chris Johnson would be. It still is a lot of money for a RB though.

Guest MikeyDay

What makes you say that? Aside for the fact you're a Titans fan.

Are u serious?.. like really do i have to even say it. Besides stats and having more production with less around him thrn AP ALWAYS and ran for 2000. Had more rushing then AP since hes been in the league? Maybe thats why. CJ is better just bcuz hes smaller doesnt make em worse.. CJ has done more then AP has thats why.

• Downvote 6

Are u serious?.. like really do i have to even say it. Besides stats and having more production with less around him thrn AP ALWAYS and ran for 2000. Had more rushing then AP since hes been in the league? Maybe thats why. CJ is better just bcuz hes smaller doesnt make em worse.. CJ has done more then AP has thats why.

CJ and AP are like 1a and 1b. It's a little ridiculous to say CJ is that much better than AP. Even with CJ's 2k season he still only has just over 100 yards more rushing in the first 3 years. Keep in mind AP has also outdone CJ in the stat that really matters - touchdowns. You also seem to be grossly underestimating the Titans O-line which has been one of the best in the league the last few years, and you also forget AP has played much of his career behind guys like Tavaris Jackson, Gus Frerrote, and a few other no-name guys most of the people on these boards wouldn't be able to name. The only season he actually played with a group of productive players was 2009. The only thing CJ has on AP is he didn't fumble as much as AP did his first 3 seasons, but AP's cleaned that issue up. And to be quite honest I don't believe either of these whiny jackasses deserve the kind of money they make, it's not like their firemen or anything. Who really gives a shit who makes more than the other?

$36 million is a lot of money for slavery...

Zing! +1.

CJ deserved that deal more then AP

Uh...no. Peterson has been a better, more consistent running back for a longer period of time.

• Upvote 1

Guest MikeyDay

CJ and AP are like 1a and 1b. It's a little ridiculous to say CJ is that much better than AP. Even with CJ's 2k season he still only has just over 100 yards more rushing in the first 3 years. Keep in mind AP has also outdone CJ in the stat that really matters - touchdowns. You also seem to be grossly underestimating the Titans O-line which has been one of the best in the league the last few years, and you also forget AP has played much of his career behind guys like Tavaris Jackson, Gus Frerrote, and a few other no-name guys most of the people on these boards wouldn't be able to name. The only season he actually played with a group of productive players was 2009. The only thing CJ has on AP is he didn't fumble as much as AP did his first 3 seasons, but AP's cleaned that issue up. And to be quite honest I don't believe either of these whiny jackasses deserve the kind of money they make, it's not like their firemen or anything. Who really gives a shit who makes more than the other?

I never said he was THAT MUCH better i just said he deserved that deal more then AP. I agree firemen should be paid more, hell my dad is a firefighter. No yall OVERRATED our oline. They were one of the bedt maybe three yrs ago but def in the middle of the pack last two yrs. Ok but he played with Farve, Rice, Berrian when he was making plays. Shancoe or wutever their toghtend. Alot better players then who we have had. Nate Washington, Britt has been hurt too much to stay on the field and fucking Kerry Collins. CJ tied a record for most constective 100 yard games in a row. 2nd to do that with Barry. 6th to break 2000. Broke Faulks record with yards from scrimmage. 3 TD runs over 85 yards or longer. Most in a career before him is TWO. i can keep going. Hes breaking records in hia first three yes with average offensive players around him. APs nice dont get me wrong hes nasty but CJ is more constistent despite having less. Yall cant say ima homer on this anyways, cuz yall make it like its PROVEN AP is better or some shit. Its not like im saying Hasselbeck is better then Peyton manning. That gap is Huge compared to this one. I keep making cases for CJ while yall just go oh AP is better... Come on wtf

on the field, they are both incredible athletes. I'm not going to hassle who's better, that would be too nit-picky. Its the off-field stuff where AP is clearly the bigger man. CJ acts like a complete moron, bashing fans, holding out, and whining. AP only missed a bit of training camp to be there for the birth of his son. Its the class AP showed that made it easy for Wilf to open his checkbook to keep his talent. Its the talent CJ has that made the Titans owner make the deal while gnashing his teeth at CJs poor attitude

Ah, man. I wish MikeyDay would post a true or false question where the answer was true. I don't like it when every answer is false.

Find a non-Titans fan on this board who's taking CJ over AP. Do it. AP is the more complete back. He has more upside than Johnson due to his size and strength. Remember, AP has blazing speed, too. If he breaks out, he's gone.

Guest MikeyDay

Ah, man. I wish MikeyDay would post a true or false question where the answer was true. I don't like it when every answer is false.

Find a non-Titans fan on this board who's taking CJ over AP. Do it. AP is the more complete back. He has more upside than Johnson due to his size and strength. Remember, AP has blazing speed, too. If he breaks out, he's gone.

Again ur going on size, remember the best backs in NFL history were under 5'11. Yall proved my point, u just looking at size, which means shit. IDC if anyone on this board is doing it or not, most of the ppl on here just say shit without backup.

• Downvote 2

Yeah CJ sure earned it today. :rolleyes:

He sure did ... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Guest MikeyDay

He sure did ... :rolleyes:

MY fault i thought he had only 9 carries? Im sorry he didnt get more for u. My bad bro.. sike.

• Downvote 1

MY fault i thought he had only 9 carries? Im sorry he didnt get more for u. My bad bro.. sike.

9 Carries. But more importantly look at the 24 yards on 9 carries. . I believe that's a 2.6 YPC average. That's not an elite back in the league.

Don't take that the wrong way. But I can't say that CJ is better than AP. I would take AP over CJ any day in fantasy football, or if I was building a football team. CJ is all speed. Start hitting him, and you will slow him down. Can't say the same for AP, the only argument you would have for him is that he's not out there every single 3rd down, but he's starting to be more and more.

Chris Johnson is the least productive pass-catcher in football.

Last year, we marveled at how little Chris Johnson did with his receptions. He had 44 catches in 2010 but only turned them into 245 yards – a 5.6 yard average that’s about as bad as it can get. All year long, he only had five catches go more than 10 yards.

On Sunday, against a Jaguars defense not previously known for stoutness, he ran nine times for 24 yards, and again showed his mysterious lack of ability on screens. He caught six passes for 25 yards, with 11 yards representing his “big play.”

For a guy who just got megabucks, the Titans expect and deserve more.

Edited by RazorStar
Cold Hard Football Facts
  • Upvote 2