SteVo

Why did your team win/lose this week?

This is always a fun topic to have throughout the season. Celebrate the strengths of your team after a win or blame the refs after a loss. Have at it!

Eagles won this week because:

-Despite playing sloppy, the Rams played sloppier.

-Our run defense tightened up big time in the second half.

-Our offense is pretty good.

Panthers lost this week because of coverage lapses and a special teams mistake. Cam Newton was fantastic and so were the first two levels of the defense.

Our front 4 did a terrific job, they got 5 sacks. Our Defense as a whole played lights out and did not allow the falcons to score a offensive TD and caused 3 turnovers. Our O line was decent (Garza did a fantastic job) and Jay made plays.

Really? I thought your O Line played like crap. Especially the highly touted rookie. He was getting ran over by everyone.

I couldn't believe the blanket they had on Roddy all day. Hell, at one point they had a safety, a corner, and a linebacker all running to cover Roddy. Triple coverage?! Falcons just came up lame.

hard to find one thing in this game, our defense couldn't get off the field allowing too many long drives, CJ didn't get enough touches (9 carries and 6 receptions for our most explosive player? I've gotta hope that's gonna change) then at the end when we somehow had a shot to win it Hasselbeck tried to do too much (we only needed to get to the 35-40 to give Bironas a real good shot at the winning fg and the Jags were giving us the 10-15 yard routes) we almost got a gift there at the end we didn't take it

Cassel can't read defenses, Haley, poor tackling, and poor ball control.

Buffalo played well, KC did not.

• Upvote 1

The Packers looked great offensively especially in the passing game and our defense was able to make key stops in the red zone to help us maintain the lead.

Buccaneers lost because:

- Very slow start. Offense went 3 and out a bunch and could hardly stay on the field. As a result the D was on too long and got worn out.

- Bad play calling on offense as usual.

- O-line sucked.

- Couldn't stop the short plays as usual. Dunks to the fast guys demolished us and gave the Lions very good TOP.

- Bad tackling and a few blown coverages on big plays, like the CJ 4th down TD.

:yeahthat:

Adding to my fellow Bucs posts;

*No run game which created a one dimensional offense.

*Offensive line was terrible.

*Because Megatron played.

The skins won because:

- The Giants fielded a B team on defense

- Rex Grossman played like he wasn't.....Rex Grossman

- Our defense stepped up and made big plays

Cassel can't read defenses, Haley, poor tackling, and poor ball control.

Buffalo played well, KC did not.

i'll say that again. :beerchug2:

New coach, new offense, new defense, shortened off-season will lead to sloppy play. The right side of our line is suspect at best. The play calling The biggest problem was when our defense failed to break out of the huddle before the offense did and was not lined up. Cinci took advantage of this and basically lobbed the ball to AJ Green who walked into the end-zone. After that, the wheels fell off.

The good news is we held Cinci to 7 or 8, 3 and outs in a row. Joe Haden played like a beast as did DQ, Phil Taylor and Sheard. It's a young team with a brand new philosophy but I know we'll get better.

Edited by NaTaS

Because of TFB, a good o-line performance, and an epic TE duo in Gronk and Chico. :yep:

Really? I thought your O Line played like crap. Especially the highly touted rookie. He was getting ran over by everyone.

I couldn't believe the blanket they had on Roddy all day. Hell, at one point they had a safety, a corner, and a linebacker all running to cover Roddy. Triple coverage?! Falcons just came up lame.

It was given Carimi was going to struggle virtually no time to prepare aside from him our O line played decent. Garza played tremendous. That's the beauty of the front 4 going after the qb drop all 7 guys into coverage.

Seahawks Special Team's i knew something was goona go wrong after we pulled within 2.

Patriots won because:

1) Tom Brady had a historic game

2) The defensive line got pressure (4 sacks, 10 hits)

3) The secondary gave up yards but managed to keep the 'Fins out of the endzone late in the game

4) The offensive line completely dominated Miami's defensive front, even with Volmer out, Koppen breaking an ankle, and a rookie starting

5) New England's wide recievers/tight ends/running backs flourished under Brady's leadership

*NOTE: While the Patriots did win, the secondary needs to be more effective and not let a mediocre QB torch them as Henne did. Offensive line needs to stay healthy or this season could turn sour. Patriots need to run the ball more late in the game to help run down the clock. Yes, I know Brady had a hell of a game, but those 3 and outs hurt, and in close games, they can be the deciding factor.

*DISAGREEMENTS: Many analysts argued that the Patriots didn't run the ball effectively. Both Woodhead and BenJarvus Green-Ellis averaged 4.9 yards a carry and picked up first downs when necessary and were effective in the red zone. The defensive line looked incredible as well. I heard analysts actually argue that the line didn't play well-they gave up less than 100 yards rushing, over half to a scrambling Henne, and held Bush to a measly 3.5 yards a carry. They got 4 sacks and 10 QB hits. Even the elite defenses of the Packers/Steelers/Ravens/Jets/etc. don't do much better than that on a regular basis, if better at all.

Chiefs played poorly, we played well. Had a bit of luck.

Impressive game by the Bills.

Steelers lost because of 7 turnovers. Enough said.

Edited by BigBen07

The Broncos lost because:

We couldn't run the football, and then we gave up on it. John Fox loves his veterans so the most promising back we have is of course on the practice squad

Injuries. I think we had 4 guys get MRI's today, Moreno, Lloyd, Dumervil and Bailey. So pretty much all of our good players.

We didn't play Tim Tebow.

We took a ton of stupid penalties.

We should fire Josh McDaniels.

The Broncos lost because:

We couldn't run the football, and then we gave up on it. John Fox loves his veterans so the most promising back we have is of course on the practice squad

Injuries. I think we had 4 guys get MRI's today, Moreno, Lloyd, Dumervil and Bailey. So pretty much all of our good players.

We didn't play Tim Tebow.

We took a ton of stupid penalties.

We should fire Josh McDaniels.

The Broncos DID fire McDaniels...he's in St. Louis now helping to develop Bradford. Playing Tebow is a terrible idea. Orton gives Denver 300 yards, 2 TD's, and 1 INT a game. Not terrible stats considering his mediocre offense. Tebow would be less accurate, less efficient, and less experienced. Having the "leadership" factor won't give you a win with all the other factors you need to consider.

Sarcasm on the McDaniels point. I'm well aware McDaniels is gone. On the Tebow thing, it doesn't matter how well Orton looks, he plays just well enough for us to lose. With a young team, we need a young QB to step up and take the lead, someone who can get the ball down the field without developing tunnel vision, and turn a two minute offense into at least a field goal, not an interception as Orton has been prone to doing. We don't have the pieces around us to make Orton a winner, Tebow doesn't need great players to play well enough to win.

We know what we have with Orton, a guy who can't play well enough to win, but he puts up good stats. Since MCDaniels hate fucked our roster, we need guys who can do something special with their ability. Tebow has that potential, so we'd be better off starting a guy with a chance to be great, instead of a guy who is just pretty good when it doesn't matter.

We won because Alex Smith didn't have to throw much and...TEEDDD GIINNN JRRRRR!!!

We won because Alex Smith didn't have to throw much and...TEEDDD GIINNN JRRRRR!!!

:rock:

Saints lost because they couldn't get a vital yard or half-yard when needed; first in the redzone on 4th & inches and then right at the end on the 1 yard line. Gotta get a yard, Jesus, what kind of team doesn't drill the fuck out of situations like that until it's high percentage, hmm?