Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Vols will beat the crap out of Florida this weekend.

We won't if our defense is slow to show up. Our running game will also have to be able to make at least an relevant impact this week if we are to come out victorious.

This is an SEC defense we are going against now. It did seem that Florida's secondary had problems with UAB's receiving core. I have no doubt we will be able to pass, but I don't expect us to be able to pass at will like the previous two weeks.

Edited by KeVo
  • Upvote 1

Our defense will have to improve, cause if we start off like we did vs Cinci, Florida is gonna run us out of the swamp. And we must get more consistent run blocking..I love Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers as much as the next Vol fan, but Tauren Poole and Marlin Lane will have to make an impact. We're not going to be playing Montana and Cinci's secondary..we're going up against an SEC-caliber secondary. I'm not saying we need to run for 200 yards, but Poole and Lane must take some of the pressure off, just average a good 4 to 4 and a half on the ground so Florida has to respect that. So Florida doesn't drop everyone back in coverage because our o-line is completely incapable of blocking the 4 men in front of them.

This is gonna be a high scoring and close game...Somewhere along the lines of 38-35 type of score.

I have the Vols winning, but Florida is not some joke team we're going to run over.

Edit: Kevo said exactly what I did in a lot less words, lmao. +1 to him.

Edited by .AirMcNair.
  • Upvote 1

I know for the past couple of seasons, our defense has always managed to do better against pro-styled teams. I hope this continues to be the case.

I know for the past couple of seasons, our defense has always managed to do better against pro-styled teams. I hope this continues to be the case.

And I don't like solely basing on stats, but throwing only 1 TD to 2 INTs for John Brantley while playing against Florida Atlantic and UAB? Not sounding so hot.

and you think the Gators didn't run a vanilla offense? They ran the same 5 plays in both games for the most part.

Y'all sippin' on dat purple drank if you think this Vols team is going into the Swamp and leaving with a dubbya.

and you think the Gators didn't run a vanilla offense? They ran the same 5 plays in both games for the most part.

Y'all sippin' on dat purple drank if you think this Vols team is going into the Swamp and leaving with a dubbya.

I guess the vanilla offense is to blame for the, what was it, 1 TD out of 4 redzone trips against UAB in the first half? Something like that. That running game you guys have is deadly, which is what will keep this game close, because our run defense is far from being anything to fear..but Brantley? He shouldn't be starting. Guy was terrible last year and is off to a pretty bad start this year. Call the offense they've run what you want, throwing 2 INTs vs competition like that is pathetic enough, but only 1 td to go along with it?

I hear Florida fans calling Bray a joke because all he's played against is "cupcake" defenses, but it seems like they've failed to look at their own QB who has struggled against these cupcake defenses. At least Bray is doing what he's supposed to, and absolutely demolishing these defenses, but Brantley? He's struggling to keep an even TD-INT ratio against them.

I don't know you, so maybe you're a decent guy and a realistic fan, but I never thought I'd hear more absolute bullshit and homerism than what the Volunteer fanbase produces(You may have heard of, or you may post at VolNation..if you haven't, well, good for you..bunch of horrible, homerific dickheads over there), but I think this season, the Florida fanbase may have it beat, acting like the Gators are still somehow worlds above the Vols, even though we're on pretty even ground now, and the Vols are only on the up, with an extremely young, and already pretty damn good offense, and a defense that is slowly developing, because while it hasn't been great so far this year, it has definitely improved in comparison to what it was last year.

If we lose the game it wouldn't necessarily surprise me, because that will be the likely result if our run defense and run blocking on offense fails, but this is no easy game for either team.

So you essentially call me out and bash the Gators then end your post by saying I wouldn't be surprised if slUT loses? Covering all your bases huh? WOW.....

Brantley last year compared to this year isn't even in the realm of comprehension. Spread vs Pro Style? You go to the same stat that every other Gator hater goes to 1 TD and 2 INTs. Good job, someone passing that memo around or what? Truth is JB played half of the game Saturday vs. UAB. Watch or read up on the games before you open your mouth.

Now we can keep this civil if you'd like (but that would require you to actually know what you're talking about) or we can take it to the next level.

And before you think I dodged the Redzone question...Muschamp had the plays set before the damn game even started. So yeah, BFD. hang you hopes on beating a Cincy team that will finish with 4 win this year.

Done wit this one....next.

So you essentially call me out and bash the Gators then end your post by saying I wouldn't be surprised if slUT loses? Covering all your bases huh? WOW.....

Brantley last year compared to this year isn't even in the realm of comprehension. Spread vs Pro Style? You go to the same stat that every other Gator hater goes to 1 TD and 2 INTs. Good job, someone passing that memo around or what? Truth is JB played half of the game Saturday vs. UAB. Watch or read up on the games before you open your mouth.

Now we can keep this civil if you'd like (but that would require you to actually know what you're talking about) or we can take it to the next level.

And before you think I dodged the Redzone question...Muschamp had the plays set before the damn game even started. So yeah, BFD. hang you hopes on beating a Cincy team that will finish with 4 win this year.

Done wit this one....next.

Call you out? No, I called the majority of your fanbase out. But now, I will be calling you out because you're just like they are.

I love how you think you won the debate when your excuse for a 1 td to 2 int ratio vs 2 shit teams is Brantley only played a certain amount. And how he's somehow better, even though he's done nothing to show that he has made leaps and bounds in improvement over last year. I know the system change, but apparently it hasn't worked.

Muschamp had the plays set before the game started, huh? Okay. Whatever makes you sleep better. I sleep better at night because I know I don't have to make excuses for my QB or my coach. Why? Because they've performed like they've needed to when it comes to winning football games this season. I don't have to worry about Tyler Bray throwing more interceptions than touchdowns when facing secondaries that don't even remotely compare to anything in the SEC, because he knows how to take care of business, and has put in the work, has all the physical skills and has become a leader on the team.

So you can continue to make excuses for your team, I'll continue going on knowing that I don't need to make excuses for my team. I said there's a chance we lose because I know how good Florida's run offense is. I know how much talent is in that RB corp. I also know that my team struggles in run defense and run blocking.

However, I was stating the last thing I'm worried about is Brantley doing anything to Tennessee. All he's gonna be doing is throwing screens, because if he tries anything else, he's gonna wind up with 4 interceptions on the day, even against Tennessee's average secondary.

Also, hang my hat on beating Montana and Cincy? Nah. I hang my hat on knowing my QB doesn't struggle against teams like that, unlike a certain QB who plays for Florida.

Edited by .AirMcNair.
  • Upvote 1

No offense to anyone, but I think Florida is going to kick Tennessee's ass in the swamp. But I'll give serious props if the Vols pull it off. I just think the Gators are more talented.

Call you out? No, I called the majority of your fanbase out. But now, I will be calling you out because you're just like they are.

I love how you think you won the debate when your excuse for a 1 td to 2 int ratio vs 2 shit teams is Brantley only played a certain amount. And how he's somehow better, even though he's done nothing to show that he has made leaps and bounds in improvement over last year. I know the system change, but apparently it hasn't worked.

Muschamp had the plays set before the game started, huh? Okay. Whatever makes you sleep better. I sleep better at night because I know I don't have to make excuses for my QB or my coach. Why? Because they've performed like they've needed to when it comes to winning football games this season. I don't have to worry about Tyler Bray throwing more interceptions than touchdowns when facing secondaries that don't even remotely compare to anything in the SEC, because he knows how to take care of business, and has put in the work, has all the physical skills and has become a leader on the team.

So you can continue to make excuses for your team, I'll continue going on knowing that I don't need to make excuses for my team. I said there's a chance we lose because I know how good Florida's run offense is. I know how much talent is in that RB corp. I also know that my team struggles in run defense and run blocking.

However, I was stating the last thing I'm worried about is Brantley doing anything to Tennessee. All he's gonna be doing is throwing screens, because if he tries anything else, he's gonna wind up with 4 interceptions on the day, even against Tennessee's average secondary.

Also, hang my hat on beating Montana and Cincy? Nah. I hang my hat on knowing my QB doesn't struggle against teams like that, unlike a certain QB who plays for Florida.

Gat Damn I love college football! The back and forth amongst fans is the best...period. '.AirMcNair.' hope you don't take it personal, I just love to mix it up. We'll see who's right or not around 7 Saturday.

Care to make a sig bet on the game? Gator bait?

Edit: I'm not like most Gator fans, I keep it real. Just love to elevate the game.

Edited by themush

No offense to anyone, but I think Florida is going to kick Tennessee's ass in the swamp. But I'll give serious props if the Vols pull it off. I just think the Gators are more talented.

Like I said earlier, if our defense starts off the way it did vs Cinci, that's a very likely outcome. I'm just holding out hope that Dooley and Wilcox managed to fix it, cause after the 1st quarter vs Cinci the defense really settled down and started to play some smart football..especially on the two fouth down stops.

Gat Damn I love college football! The back and forth amongst fans is the best...period. '.AirMcNair.' hope you don't take it personal, I just love to mix it up. We'll see who's right or not around 7 Saturday.

Care to make a sig bet on the game? Gator bait?

Edit: I'm not like most Gator fans, I keep it real. Just love to elevate the game.

Didn't really take it personal, just sick of reading a lot of what Florida fans have been saying leading up to the game, and their general attitude. It's a rivalry, sure, and I'm all for trash talking, but them saying things like Tyler Bray is a joke and etc, using straight up bullshit in the trash talk is just stupid. But like I said in an earlier post, I can't say any better about the majority of the Vols fan base on the internet. VolNation has the occasional decent poster, but most are assholes and completely unrealistic in their expectations.

The majority of them think we'll win like 42-17, as if Florida doesn't have a deadly run game that will keep them scoring right along with us. Maybe it's an unrealistic expectation, but I'd like to see more realism when it comes to fanbases, especially in the NCAA. I don't know why assholes and homers seem to run so rampid in the NCAA fan bases, but they do.

Sig bet? Eh, sure. I don't have one at the moment anyway..outside of the image that was lost in the server transfer and my line of text from being disgusted by Kenny Britt in the off-season.

Never said Bray is a joke. But you know that. I'm just happy I've found a place to mix it up with others. I don't even read the rivals boards for that very reason.

So the sig bet is a go. One week loser wears what ever the winner comes up with?

Never said Bray is a joke. But you know that. I'm just happy I've found a place to mix it up with others. I don't even read the rivals boards for that very reason.

So the sig bet is a go. One week loser wears what ever the winner comes up with?

Sounds good to me.

• Upvote 1

Guess I'll just throw this out there.

dgpixs.jpg

Stone

Group: Members

NCAA Team(s): Tennessee, Auburn, Boise

NFL Team: Patriots

What the hell???? How does that work?

What the hell???? How does that work?

And a Pats fan at that. He's all over the country with his teams.

Maybe the Vols would win if they still had Stocker. :yep:

But then again, the lolGators also lost Ahmad Black. :think:

Clearly going to end in a 0-0 tie now. :yep:

I see our run game exploding this week. Our backs and O-Line know they are being questioned, and that can be fuel to fire.

I hope I'm right! LOL

And a Pats fan at that. He's all over the country with his teams.

Gotta love frequent flyer miles.

• Upvote 1

LMAO, funny tile but SO wrong & false...

FLORIDA is gonna open a can of whoop ass on Tennessee...

GO GATORS!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"TO HELL WITH LEE CORSO!"

LOL