Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Green Bay @ Carolina

Newton's next test comes against defending champs

Why to watch

The streak ends here. Cam Newton, in his first NFL action ever, put up 422 yards against the Cardinals. It's doubtful he does that against the Super Bowl champion defense, but this will be quite a litmus test regardless. Who doesn't want to see that? The Packers also looked pretty much unstoppable in the Thursday kickoff.

Inside story

This is a lockout mismatch -- a veteran, stable coaching staff coming off a Super Bowl win against a group seeking its first-ever win while trying to make up for lost time during the work stoppage. The Packers find ways to win games and the Panthers are still in a stage where they find ways to lose them (though Cam could be changing that faster than expected).

How does this game go...? WHAT SAYS YOU?

We should win by 10+ but I doubt it happens that way. I think we can win decidingly, but if Carolina puts up an upset... I won't be surprised. Just disappointed.

Panthers declared RT Jeff Otah, QB Jimmy Clausen, LB Jason Williams, OL Reggie Wells, WR Kealoha Pilares, DT Ronald Fields, and CB Josh Thomas inactive for Week 2 against the Packers.

Otah is out with a concussion and will be replaced by undrafted rookie Byron Bell. The Panthers need to make sure to have Jeremy Shockey on frequent "help" blocks with Bell, because Clay Matthews typically lines up on that side of the formation. The Panthers will start Dan Connor at middle linebacker.

Packers declared CB Tramon Williams, RB Alex Green, LB Vic So'oto, DE Mike Neal, OT Derek Sherrod, LB Frank Zombo, and CB Davon House inactive for Week 2 against the Panthers.

Williams' absence, due to a shoulder injury, should make life a bit easier on Steve Smith Sunday. Green, a rookie, is battling an Achilles' injury. Neal is coming off knee surgery. Sherrod hasn't been deemed ready to play yet.

GO PACK GO! :cheesehead:

Stomp the fucking dog shit out of the kitties please!

Panthers have wide open wideouts all over the field. I have no idea where our defense has gone... But they better show the fuck up before this gets out of hand.

And Randall Cobb... COME ON MAN.

Cam Newton is picking us apart just as easily as Drew Brees did.

Why do we not run the no huddle more often? For real.

Damn! The Carolina Cam Newtons. . Errr I mean the Panthers, are beating the Packers into the half! If it weren't for the interception Newton threw, he would be making the Packers D look silly out there.

Too bad he plays for the Panthers, or I might be obligated to say he could be real good in the future.

Booooom! Greg Jennings wide open in the endzone. Look what happens when you run the football.

Calvin Johnson rule... Stupid Finley letting the ball slip out AFTER he makes the catch in the endzone. Retard.

That just pisses me off.

At least the Panthers made it close.

BOOM!

Three INT by Newton since his hot start. Terrible playcalling by the Panthers. They have completely abandoned the running game, and are putting the entire team onto Cam's shoulders.

Not very smart, even if he has started his career playing very well.

At least we won...but I'm not totally happy with how we played.

The D looks terrible right now. I understand Williams was gone and Collins left injured but come on! It is sickening how bad the D covers the middle of the field and runningbacks. Stewart had 100yds receiving, must fix that. The offense was shaky at first but at least we bounced back in the 2nd half. Settling for 3 straight FGs after those 3 turnovers sucked though, another thing that needs to be fixed. At least we won but we better be ready for Chicago next week as Forte is one of the best receiving backs. Hopefully Williams is back and Collins is alright.

Yeah I think it's official our D took a major step back this year. Our pass rush was our no. 1 reason why we kicked so much ass last year. We sacked the Q, they made mistakes, etc. There has hardly been any of that this year. It can't possibly be that we lost Jenkins. I highly doubt he meant that much to our pass rush. Matthews has to step it up.

At least we've been stopping the run pretty well so far. But we cant get any pressure on the QB, causing our DB to defend the pass for an eternity, and then somebody eventually gets open for a big play.

Teams are daring the Panthers to beat them with Newton. Although Newton through 2 games has been able to put up a lot of yards, it hasn't led to wins, although the have been close. 2 of his picks were just bad decisions, the other was an extreme overthrow. He shoulda also thrown the ball away on that 3rd and 1 instead of taking a sack. The Panther's running game has to improve.

If I am the Panthers, I'd be very excited about Newton's performance so far though, at least for a rookie with limited time in a team's offense. He is playing very well, and so far all the negative he has shown can be corrected with coaching.

Teams are daring the Panthers to beat them with Newton. Although Newton through 2 games has been able to put up a lot of yards, it hasn't led to wins, although the have been close. 2 of his picks were just bad decisions, the other was an extreme overthrow. He shoulda also thrown the ball away on that 3rd and 1 instead of taking a sack. The Panther's running game has to improve.

If I am the Panthers, I'd be very excited about Newton's performance so far though, at least for a rookie with limited time in a team's offense. He is playing very well, and so far all the negative he has shown can be corrected with coaching.

He is playing well, but some of that pressure needs to be taken off him. They need to run the football. Not only weren't were they not running effectively, but they gave up even trying.

They need to run the football. Not only weren't were they not running effectively, but they gave up even trying.

+5000

Rivera & Co. seem to have completely abandoned the idea that Carolina is a power running team. Why sign DeAngelo to such a big contract if you're only going to give him the ball 5 times a game?

Cam Newton played a great game despite he had those ints...I mean,the defending Super Bowl champs let 400+ pass yds to a rookie QB...they should think about it a little bit...