Sign in to follow this  
Glanvilles Grits

To: Buffalo, New York

Living in Binghamton, New York which isn't necessarily far from Buffalo, I am surrounded in a sea of New York Giants fans, New York Jets fans, and worst of all. . Buffalo Bills fans. I have no specific hatred for the Buffalo Bills, or their fans, but I have come to realize over the years that their fans are quite possibly some of the most naive people I have ever known in my life when it comes to football.

On my Facebook profile, I respectively read exactly 17 facebook posts that all had something to do with the Buffalo Bills being 2-0 to start the season. Two of which had statements of the Bills going to the playoffs. Need I remind all you Buffalo Bills fans, much less the Buffalo Bills themselves, that they are in the same division as perennial pro-bowler Tom Brady? Much less let's not forget that the Buffalo receivers will forever be stuck on the lonely Revis island. Lets not forget the much forgotten (See what I did there?) Miami Dolphins.

Need I remind all of Bills nation of an exciting start to the 2008 season? Where the Bills were thought to be a great football team. Starting out 5-1, at the helms of Trent Edwards, and Beast Mode? I don't believe anyone in Buffalo can forget that season, the season that went on to end with a 7-9 record. Pathetic. My point being, enough of this silly Buffalo Bills talk. The next 4 weeks will bash you back into the hole you crawled out of. Much less next week, when Tom Brady rips apart your defense, and puts up over 400 yards passing on you. New England, Cincinnati, Philidalphia and New York Giants. That's your schedule for the next 4 weeks. You might pull another one out in Cincinnati, but lets not get too hasty.

Then again, I suppose you may as well be happy while you can. Because it won't last long. It never does. Let us not be naive and arrogant just two games into the season, after beating an ailing Kansas City Chiefs, and an always under-achieving Al Davis Raiders team in the final seconds. Part of me hopes the Bills make me eat crow and they beat the Patriots. But I also know it won't happen. I'm tired of this Bills talk, and it's only two weeks into the season. Thank god it's going to end this coming week. It will be time to hang those Bills jerseys back up for another season.

• Downvote 1

I live in Buffalo. I just let the Bills fans have their enjoyment in September, it doesn't bother me at all in the slightest. :shrug:

I live in Buffalo.

Sorry, dude.

• Upvote 1

I don't mind people enjoying early success, but when half of then are trash talking actual good teams, it gets annoying. And I'm not worried about my team. Being a red sox fan and a falcons fan, I'm used to dealing with possible momentary success. You would think the bills would be too, but they aren't. Ryan Fitzpatrick is proving to be a great quarterback no doubt, but by no means does buffalo have they pieces in place yet to be a superbowl contender.

This was a trash talk posted I made somewhere else when a guy asked why everyone is talking more about teams like the Falcons and the Cowboys when the Bills are better. By no means was I trying to offend anyone here. But it was fun to write. lol

Sorry, dude.

Aren't you from Cleveland? :rofl:

But yeah, I don't really see why this thread was made considering that the Bills are indeed 2-0 and Chris D's team is 1-1. Why wouldn't the Bills be optimistic? They've looked pretty good. They might not go to the playoffs. Neither will the Lions, IMO, but you don't see me bashing the excited Lions fans. You know why? Because they have started pretty damn well. Better than my team has.

Lastly, I would just like to remind you of the score in your sig. That is all.

Just like there is and was a lot of falcons fan who thought they were going to the superbowl this year. Let them have there chance to shine.

Aren't you from Cleveland? :rofl:

But yeah, I don't really see why this thread was made considering that the Bills are indeed 2-0 and Chris D's team is 1-1. Why wouldn't the Bills be optimistic? They've looked pretty good. They might not go to the playoffs. Neither will the Lions, IMO, but you don't see me bashing the excited Lions fans. You know why? Because they have started pretty damn well. Better than my team has.

Lastly, I would just like to remind you of the score in your sig. That is all.

So the Bills beating a HORRIBLE Chiefs team, and a pretty bad Raiders team is better than beating the Eagles, and losing to the Bears? Really?

I love getting people worked up, I feel like it's my calling. Besides, you don't see Lions fans calling superbowl runs after beating two horrible teams. At some point, you need to be a realist.

If they play well against New England (Which they won't!), then I will let them have their spot-light. Even if it's a loss. Play well, and all the Buffalo fans can have their spotlight.

Oh and, you give me smack talk forums, I'll give you smack talk. :)

Edited by Chris D

Bills aren't playoff bound, but they're a tough team... and they were last year too, with the exception of the beginning and end of the season. That said, the game in Orchard Park this Sunday is an absolute toss-up. I'm expecting the Pats to be in for a dogfight.

Let's not forget, need I remind you, that, using commas, in incorrect, places, does not make, your argument valid and, need I remind you, overusing the same couple of phrases, does not lend credence, to the overall validity, much less clarity, of, let's not forget, much less, your argument.

I found this very hard to masturbate to.

• Upvote 2

Let's not forget, need I remind you, that, using commas, in incorrect, places, does not make, your argument valid and, need I remind you, overusing the same couple of phrases, does not lend credence, to the overall validity, much less clarity, of, let's not forget, much less, your argument.

The grammar is actually correct if you know classical English. It gives it a slower approach. I didn't use commas as much as you think.

And so far on these forums, I've come to learn that you're a major douche.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

children calm down, we're here to talk shit about Buffalo, not argue about the finer points of a fucked up language.

Though that Fred Jackson guy is pretty good.

children calm down, we're here to talk shit about Buffalo, not argue about the finer points of a fucked up language.

Though that Fred Jackson guy is pretty good.

Definitely just made me lol.

Fred Jackson is good, Fitzpatrick is good (And getting better), CJ Spiller is showing signs of being great, Stevie Johnson is great. . But in terms of the team as a whole, it's just not a playoff team.

The Bills are pretty much the unwanted team on offense. 7th rounders galore, undrafted guys and a bunch of castoffs.

The Bills are pretty much the unwanted team on offense. 7th rounders galore, undrafted guys and a bunch of castoffs.

Wasn't CJ Spiller a first round pick? Lol

yet he's a backup to Fred Jackson, undrafted from Coe College.

yet he's a backup to Fred Jackson, undrafted from Coe College.

The current NFL rushing leader. :yep:

And Chris D you mentioned the Bills beat a bad Chiefs and bad Raiders team while the Falcons lost to the Bears and beat the Eagles and asked what's better. Obviously I'd rather be 2-0 than 1-1. :shrug:

While I'd rather be 2-0, I'd also rather be able to compete strong with a team like the Eagles, than destroy a horrible Chiefs team, and have a nail biter with an alright but always under-achieving Raiders. Just because the Bears lost this past week to the Saints, I'm not discounting them as the best defense in the league. The Saints won on basically 1 huge play by Henderson. Other than that, the teams were pretty even. Cutler was getting killed out there too.

That's all I'm trying to say. Not that I would rather be 1-1 than 2-0. And I'm also not saying we definitely would have won had Vick stayed in the game, because it wasn't looking too promising.

Fred Jackson is a good back. And I think the problem with Spiller is the same problem you see in Miami right now with Reggie Bush. Great running back, but not durable enough to take the full weight of starting carries.

While I'd rather be 2-0, I'd also rather be able to compete strong with a team like the Eagles, than destroy a horrible Chiefs team, and have a nail biter with an alright but always under-achieving Raiders. Just because the Bears lost this past week to the Saints, I'm not discounting them as the best defense in the league. The Saints won on basically 1 huge play by Henderson. Other than that, the teams were pretty even. Cutler was getting killed out there too.

OT, but wasn't the score 30-12? Minus the huge play, assume they punted on the drive, and I still see an 11-point lead for the Saints.

The Henderson play was a huge blooper. Take that out, and they held an absolute nasty Saints offense to 23 points. Think about that. The teams were even. Jay Cutler was getting killed as always, but more than usual. I consider it an even game.

If the Bears had an offensive line, they would be my superbowl pick OVER the Packers going.

Edited by Chris D

Hey chris, that good enough for you?

Hey Chris... hide yo wife, hide yo kidz, plug your ears....

I'll eat my crow this week. But the Bills aren't going to the playoffs.

I can't believe what I witnessed. .