Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Bucs sellout first home game since 2009

Stephen Holder just confirmed on twitter that the Bucs' streak of home blackouts comes to an end at 10. Monday night's game against the Colts is officially a sellout.

Stephen Holder

#Bucs game officially sold out. blackout lifted

I'm gonna be screaming my ass off! As usual...

:beerchug2:

It only took a Curtis Painter lead Colts team to do it. Not to mention the other half of Tampa residents are Colts fans that followed Dungy to the greater pastures known as Indiana. Real stuff.

the game against Detroit was not a sellout...?

Nope. That game had attendance of roughly 51,000 people and Raymond James Stadium holds 66,000. The last time the Bucs played a sellout home game was the season finale of the 2009 season against the Falcons.

I'm really relieved to have this blackout streak end finally, but I'm sure we'll just start a new one starting with the next game lolz.

If you couldn't sell out a home monday night football game, regardless of opponent there is obviously a problem. Glad they were able to at least get this sellout.

The fact that Peyton Manning expected to play at the time most bought tickets probably helped

I'm quite suprised by this. I guess it goes back to southern NFL teams having a hard time getting fans to come out, but I always thought TB was one of the better teams at drawing fans.

This was a sellout? Sorry, but being at the game, there were a ton of empty seats. Apparently a sellout in Indianapolis and a sellout in Tampa are entirely different.

It's possible that there was a few hundred left, maybe up to a thousand that the owners bought out so it wouldn't be blacked out. Teams like the Chargers, Lions, and Jaguars do it all the time.

It's possible that there was a few hundred left, maybe up to a thousand that the owners bought out so it wouldn't be blacked out. Teams like the Chargers, Lions, and Jaguars do it all the time.

It wouldn't have been blacked out regardless. Still, I'm surprised being as big of money hoarders as they are, that the Glazers actually would buy up the rest of the tickets.