BLUE

Ryan Torain to take over as Skins' lead back?

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Washington Times suggests that the Redskins could now use a three-way rotation in the backfield, after Ryan Torain broke out for 135 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries in Week 4.

Beat writer Rich Campbell suggests Torain as the first- and second-down back, Hightower as the blitz picker-upper on passing downs, and rookie Roy Helu as the pace change. While this is just speculation, it's clear that the Skins need to find ways to get all three backs on the field. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is a big believer in per-play stats. Torain averaged over seven yards per carry against St. Louis, while Hightower is at 3.48 on the year. Oct 2 - 10:39 PM

Source: Washington Times

Just play whoever is hot, Torain, Hightower and Helu is an amazing 1-2-3 PAUNCH.

Just play whoever is hot, Torain, Hightower and Helu is an amazing 1-2-3 PAUNCH.

Like you obviously already know, that's the Shannahan way,....Skeletor is death for anyone who drafts a Redskins RB in Fantasy Football. :yep:

Well, I mean unless you have a TD or a Portis, but they don't....

Edited by BLUE

I think that part of Torain's big day was due to the fact that the game plan only called for Hightower and Helu. The defense didn't account for Torain at all, and he burned them. I think it will be fun to see the Redskins run 3-back sets from time to time. Not many teams have the luxury. Helu will likely see his carries drop a bit, because even with his uncanny vision, he hasn't really been able to break one off.

Agreed, dawg.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Skins backfield

My fantasy team tells Torain and Shanarat to fuck off

• Upvote 1

I'm still trying to comprehend the disrespect that it is keeping a 1000 yard rushing RB on the bench.

I don't get it.

I'm still trying to comprehend the disrespect that it is keeping a 1000 yard rushing RB on the bench.

I don't get it.

One word: INJURIES.

The dude is fucking made of glass. He is talented as any back I have seen in some time, but he just can't stay healthy.