Sign in to follow this  
rzb

TGP Top10

We're deep enough into the season that the top tier can be made, so lay'em out.

1. OU

2. LSU

3. Alabama

4. Wisconsin

5. Stanford

6. Boise State

7. Oklahoma State

8. Clemson

9. Oregon

10. Texas

1. Alabama - They've beat three ranked teams, with ease. Until someone does better, Tide is #1. Plus Richardson is looking like the best player in the college game right now. If he can continue, there's no reason he shouldn't bring a second Heisman to Bama.

2. Wisconsin - Although they've only just started their in-conference schedule, they're looking like the clear favorite to win it. A solidifying win over Michigan State on the 22nd will show their true colors and have everyone recognizing they mean business. It's all definitely in their hands.

3. Oklahoma - Plenty of talent on this team but they haven't really played anyone yet. The ranked teams they had gone up against are on their way out of the Top25.. and the point difference wasn't impressive enough for me to put the Sooners any higher at the moment.

4. LSU - This may seem low since they're the clear #1 for all other national polls, but I'm just not stunned by their wins so far. I don't feel like they're really challenged until they travel to Tuscaloosa and honestly Florida could pee in their Cherrios before then. Of course the defense is what drives LSU's train but with Les Miles as the engineer, there is always a chance of it derailing.

5. Oklahoma State - After looking at the remaining Top25's schedules, this is the only one left who beat a team that deserved its ranking at the time. Sure, it was Texas A&M who choked but the Cowboys are just as explosive as anyone else. Like most teams in the Big12, they don't play their harder games until the end of the season but if they can untangle some of the knots they've had.. they'll make it into a big bowl game.

6. Clemson - This is the biggest surprise to me, and probably everything except Clemson fans. They beat Florida State, who may had picked to win the ACC, AND Virginia Tech, who everyone else had to win the ACC. They also beat the defending National Champions. Those were probably the three games they circled and were able to walk out with wins. If they can stay hot and burn Georgia Tech at the end of the month, they've got the conference in the bag.

7. Stanford - I suppose being the best in the Pac12 has to amount for something so how about a decent rank? Andrew Luck continues to do his thing but honestly it hasn't been against the toughest of opponents. While the USC game may get interesting, they don't play a ranked team until mid-November. Of all the teams in my ranking, I'd say Stanford is the one that really got to put up the stats. I mean burn holes in the book from numbers so high, otherwise it's really no different than being in the MWC.

8. Boise State - Speaking of the MWC, here's a good spot for the Broncos. Yet again they can go undefeated and not make the National Championship but from the looks of it this year, it's okay. Sure, they're the shining star for a playoff system but it seems that star is starting to burn out. Yes, they beat Georgia right out of the gate in the Bulldogs' backyard, but do you hear of anyone protesting that they should be ranked? I think it would have been bigger news if Georgia actually won that game. But anyways, the Broncos deserve recognition. It's not their fault they're from Idaho.

9. Georgia Tech - While their defense isn't as spotless as any of the teams above, their rushing is top-tier. They haven't played a ranked team but then again, I have them at 9.. not 3.. so it's okay. They still have Clemson left and as long as the offense continues to groove, maybe they can get the upset. Stranger things have happened and with Virginia Tech being so quiet this year, why not?

10. Michigan - While for some reason I keep thinking Michigan State is the standard in the Big10, the Wolverines may have finally gotten it all figured out. I guess with that logic.. they'll find out next week. Robinson is the nation's favorite Heisman contender I suppose so I'll let that factor into beating out teams that I feel are overrated nationally (Oregon, Texas, and Arkansas). It really all falls on the head coach's shoulder, which is thankfully not Rich Rod anymore.

OU

LSU

Alabama

Bosie

Wisconsin

Stanford

Oregon

Oklahoma St

Georgia Tech

Clemson

Michigan is overrated. They haven't played a single ranked team yet, and they'll show their true colors once they do.

1. Alabama - They've beat three ranked teams, with ease. Until someone does better, Tide is #1. Plus Richardson is looking like the best player in the college game right now. If he can continue, there's no reason he shouldn't bring a second Heisman to Bama.

2. Wisconsin - Although they've only just started their in-conference schedule, they're looking like the clear favorite to win it. A solidifying win over Michigan State on the 22nd will show their true colors and have everyone recognizing they mean business. It's all definitely in their hands.

3. Oklahoma - Plenty of talent on this team but they haven't really played anyone yet. The ranked teams they had gone up against are on their way out of the Top25.. and the point difference wasn't impressive enough for me to put the Sooners any higher at the moment.

4. LSU - This may seem low since they're the clear #1 for all other national polls, but I'm just not stunned by their wins so far. I don't feel like they're really challenged until they travel to Tuscaloosa and honestly Florida could pee in their Cherrios before then. Of course the defense is what drives LSU's train but with Les Miles as the engineer, there is always a chance of it derailing.

LSU beat Oregon handily at a neutral site, had a gritty in-conference win over Miss. St on the road, and blew out WVU on the road. Yet you put them out of the top 3? Laughable. Their SOS is clearly better than Bama, OU, and ESPECIALLY Wisconsin... who the hell have they played besides Nebraska?

1. LSU

2. Wisconsin

3. Alabama

4. Oklahoma

5. Clemson

6. Boise St.

7. Stanford

8. GA Tech

9. Oregon

10. Oklahoma St.

Michigan is overrated. They haven't played a single ranked team yet, and they'll show their true colors once they do.

They beat your Irish... :inouteek:

And of the lower tier undefeated teams, they're the best.

LSU beat Oregon handily at a neutral site, had a gritty in-conference win over Miss. St on the road, and blew out WVU on the road. Yet you put them out of the top 3? Laughable. Their SOS is clearly better than Bama, OU, and ESPECIALLY Wisconsin... who the hell have they played besides Nebraska?

Oregon's overrated. They're a one-loss like Arkansas but nobody's putting the Hogs in their Top10.. including me. MSU is a cellar dweller and LSU struggled. And West Virginia has hype, that's all. As I said up top, not stunned from them yet. Beat Bama then I'll move up a few seats on the wagon. I'd go on further but I have a strong feeling you didn't even read my reasonings above.

Let's see your list.

No changes in my poll.

Oklahoma was easily the most impressive this week. They dismantled Texas on both sides of the ball. LSU also had a fantastic game. When the punter can take off for what 60? You know that team has a huge amount of talent. Alabama started off slow but it may just have been an off week for them. Since those are easily the top tier and Wisconsin had a bye, no need to really continue. Did feel that Arkansas and Oregon deserved some recognition for their wins this week but Michigan gets to prove themselves this week. And Georgia Tech needs to step it up, otherwise they'll fall.

Yea my poll stays the same, the top teams destroyed their opposition so you can't really move anyone about

1. Alabama (--) - Saying Saban with a mouth full of crackers sounds like Satan.

2. Oklahoma (+1) - They absolutely thrashed Texas from both sides of the ball, and continued against Kansas with ease. The Sooners have another game to run up the score before facing the undefeated Kansas State Wildcats.. who are still trying to prove they're no pushover.

3. LSU (+1) - And it has happened, the Tigers break into my Top 3. Since I have them losing to Alabama next week, I'll show that I recognize their talent by moving them up now.. although I see them moving back down soon. They definitely won't be out of the Top10, unless Les Miles decides to go crazy again.

4. Wisconsin (-2) - They're getting tested this week by Michigan State and I don't really see them passing with flying colors. Sure, they'll win.. but by how much, 7? They definitely need to keep winning because with the big games the surrounding teams have.. they need to keep attention on them. Dropped them simply because OU and LSU have been so explosive.

5. Oklahoma State (--) - I really wanted to put the Cowboys higher but for some reason, I feel their ship will sink soon. Probably won't happen until they play Oklahoma at the end of the season but still.. if an SEC team can't win the BCS Championship, OK State is my bandwagon.

6. Stanford (+1) - With Oregon struggling against Arizona State, it easily puts them as the frontrunner of the Pac12 conference. They shouldn't have any trouble but at the same time, that's exactly why they aren't in any huge discussion for the BCS Championship. Strength of Schedule is weaksauce.

7. Clemson (-1) - Honestly wanted to drop them farther (much like the other polls) but they were able to rally and get the win so I won't. They've been that team since the beginning of the season.. the underdog.. so it just wouldn't be right to hold that against them now. I'm really curious to see if they can hold up though. Of all the teams they play, I didn't expect Maryland to be the one to almost break them.

8. Boise State (--) - The Broncos are still undefeated but really they aren't shining. They do have TCU coming up but even the Horned Frogs can't give them a schedule strength to give them a true reason to be taken seriously. Sure, they will probably murder the team they play in the bowl game.. but still.. sucks to be them, from Idaho.

9. Arkansas (+2) - I honestly didn't want to put the Hogs in the mix but their only loss was against Alabama (the team I have number one, mind you) and since then, they've been handling their business.. and should continue against Ole Miss.. and Vandy.. and South Carolina.

10. Oregon (+1) - Like Arkansas, I didn't want to put them on the list but their one loss was provided by LSU (a Top3 team). The next few teams I'd rank are nowhere near the same level as these 10 so Oregon makes the cut. They really need to show off though. I suppose if Michigan State wins over Wisconsin, they could knock the Ducks out due to huge wins but still, Oregon deserves the recognition. They'll continue to coast until facing Stanford so many they'll be able to light it up.

6. Stanford (+1) - With Oregon struggling against Arizona State, it easily puts them as the frontrunner of the Pac12 conference. They shouldn't have any trouble but at the same time, that's exactly why they aren't in any huge discussion for the BCS Championship. Strength of Schedule is weaksauce.

Generally just asking here but how is winning 41-27 at Arizona state, with over 500 total yards with our two main guys injured (James before the game and Thomas during) struggling? The fact that the Ducks have stepped up big time with the amount of people that left last year we are still putting up big points and defending reasonably well how did we struggle?

1. Oklahoma

2. LSU

3. Alabama

4. Wisconsin

5. Oklahoma State

6. Stanford

7. Boise State

8. Clemson

9. Oregon

10. Arkansas

1.LSU-Best, top to bottom

2.Alabama

3.Stanford

4.Boise

5.OK State

6.Clemson

7.Arkansas

8.Oregon

9.Oklahoma

10.Michigan State

1. Alabama (--) - Either my #1 or my #2 is going to fall this week but neither will be out of the Top10.

2. LSU (+1) - See above.

3. Oklahoma State (+2) - They have become the best in the Big12, hands down. With Oklahoma handling Kansas State so easily last week, the Cowboys will show no mercy this week against the purple people.

4. Stanford (+2) - They went into overtime with USC but they got the win. The Cardinal defense showed they can step up when the going gets tough and of course Luck was on their side. They should get a breather against the Beavers before facing off against Oregon.

5. Boise State (+3) - The Broncos are doing what they do every year, win. With teams like Wisconsin, Clemson, and Oklahoma falling off the past two weeks.. they continue to rise up the

6. Oregon (+4) - The Ducks continue to cruise like Boise State. Winning while others open the doors for them to move on up. They have another cupcake win before welcoming Stanford in.

7. Arkansas (+2) - I still hate putting the Hogs in this but with so many teams falling, they can only move up. Sure, their last four wins have been comebacks but a win is a win. They bring in South Carolina this week which should give Arkansas another chance to prove they can dominate.

8. Oklahoma (+2) - Their loss to Texas Tech really hurts them since it was against an unranked team but that doesn't mean they still can't demolish teams. They proved that they can against K State and they did it with style (and a little grudge).

9. Nebraska (+2) - It's their first year in the Big10 and they're the already the best. Sure, Wisconsin beat them but they destroyed the team that knocked down the Badgers. They still have games against Penn State and Michigan though so they may not make it out alive.

10. Clemson (-3) - The Tigers are still the best in the ACC. Georgia Tech is no easy opponent and I did expect them to fall to the Yellowjackets. Hopefully this doesn't take the wind out of their lungs for too long.

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3. Oklahoma State

4. Stanford

5. Boise State

6. Oklahoma

7. Oregon

8. Clemson

9. Arkansas

10. Nebraska

10. Clemson (-3) - The Tigers are still the best in the ACC. Georgia Tech is no easy opponent and I did expect them to fall to the Yellowjackets. Hopefully this doesn't take the wind out of their lungs for too long.

I think they're lucky if they even stay in the top 10. What I can't get over is this: how do you let a completely run oriented offense own you like that? It isn't like GT hides their intent. They aim to run it down your throat....over, and over, and over. No smoke and mirrors. Yeah, it's the triple option, but just a little discipline should make a difference there. I knew since the season began this game would come down to Clemson's run D, so why did they make it look like they just weren't ready for it? :shrug:

I am asking this generally if Oklahoma state fuck up an We beat Stanford is there a chance that Oregon could make it back to the national championship game (so I can sleep at half time again, in before Cromp)

1. LSU- Their defense is far too dominant to move them down if they haven't lost, and Jarrett Lee does enough to win, and that's all he needs to do anyway.

2. Alabama- Don't really know that much about them other than that they're undefeated.

3. Oklahoma State- Love how this team's looking, but am not sure about Weeden yet.

4. Boise St.- Kellen Moore's winning ways gives Boise the edge over Stanford.

5. Stanford- Andrew Luck is the best college football player in the nation, but USC is still a laughingstock when compared to its former self. Stanford should have won in regulation.

6. Oregon (going to beat Stanford in a couple of weeks)- Really should have been in the game against LSU, and have been pissed off ever since. Cruising right through their opposition, and I expect them to destroy Stanford.

7. Arkansas

8. Nebraska

9. Oklahoma (hard to put them higher after losing Whaley)

10. South Carolina- losing Lattimore hurt like hell, and I don't think they'll end the season with one loss.

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Okie State

4. Stanford

5. Boise State

6. Nebraska

7. Arkansas

8. Oregon

9. South Carolina

10. Clemson

I think they're lucky if they even stay in the top 10. What I can't get over is this: how do you let a completely run oriented offense own you like that? It isn't like GT hides their intent. They aim to run it down your throat....over, and over, and over. No smoke and mirrors. Yeah, it's the triple option, but just a little discipline should make a difference there. I knew since the season began this game would come down to Clemson's run D, so why did they make it look like they just weren't ready for it? :shrug:

BCS has them at 11, although I bet you already knew that. The option has always had success in college ball and GT has definitely mastered it. They have so many different options in the option that it keeps defenses guessing all game long. Although I saw Clemson losing this week, I think they have a strong chance of beating Virginia Tech. This loss may have woken them up, much like Oklahoma's did for them.

BCS has them at 11, although I bet you already knew that. The option has always had success in college ball and GT has definitely mastered it. They have so many different options in the option that it keeps defenses guessing all game long. Although I saw Clemson losing this week, I think they have a strong chance of beating Virginia Tech. This loss may have woken them up, much like Oklahoma's did for them.

We already played VT....are you referring to a hypothetical ACCCG? In which case, I agree that our chances are better against a more orthodox offense.

We already played VT....are you referring to a hypothetical ACCCG? In which case, I agree that our chances are better against a more orthodox offense.

I am. Clemson will handle Wake and with that win, it cements them in the championship game. Virginia Tech could be knocked out by Georgia Tech but since I already talked about GT's work against Clemson.. I thought I'd mention VT's as well. Sorry for the confusion.

1. LSU (+1) - Well I was wrong. The Louisiana State University Tigers are the best team in the nation, hands down now. They definitely showed up in TideTown and deserve the number one spot with no questions asked.

2. Oklahoma State (+1) - With Alabama losing and them handling K State with ease, they move up into some very serious BCS National Championship discussion. They still have the Sooners to take care of.. and then possibly a Big12 Championship game.. so it's not definite just yet.

3. Stanford (+1) - They struggled a bit with Oregon State but still got the win. Their biggest test is coming up against Oregon. If they can get the win (like I think they will), they could have a strong argument to get into the NC game.

4. Alabama (-3) - They still deserve Top5 respect. They went into OT against the #1 team in the nation and that is (and should be) their only loss. It may have cost them championships but they will get a nice BCS game to show off in.

5. Boise State (--) - They're still winning. With what used to be a really interesting game, the one coming up against TCU just isn't as hyped as whatelse is going on in the college football world.

6. Oregon (--) - The Ducks did fine against Washington State, as expected. They could really propel themselves with a win over Stanford. If everything falls in place, Oregon could have a second chance at a NC title.

7. Arkansas (--) - My Hogs did great this week against South Carolina. Scored first, held a lead, and put it away on Homecoming weekend. They have Tennessee and Mississippi State before challenging LSU in Death Valley over Thanksgiving weekend. They still have a chance to surprise.

8. Oklahoma (--) - They really need to continue to win before facing off against OK State. That will be the game that allows the Sooners to say they deserve a shot at the title. Until then, they're in a shadow to too many others.

9. Clemson (+1) - Even during a bye week, the Tigers move up on my list. Nebraska absolutely blew it and fall off the list. Clemson has Wake Forest this week which should give them a win to bring themselves back up on their feet.

10. Houston (+1) - Uh what? Yes. Houston. If Boise State can get praise, the Cougars should too. They are breaking FBS records left and right while winning in style. Virginia Tech has been pretty lackluster so Keenum & Co break into my Top10. I can't honestly say I'd ever see myself doing this.

1. LSU

2. Oklahoma State

3. Alabama

4. Stanford

5. Boise State

6. Oklahoma

7. Oregon

8. Clemson

9. Arkansas

10. Virginia Tech