Sign in to follow this  
badgers

Team bars

I was wondering that since we have 32 team background things for the forums, is it possible that we change those bars under our name to each nfl team?

Like the thing that says "member". I think it would be cool to change those up too. I could do them if need be. Would just need a list of all the types of bars you guys have.

Version 1:

broncos_member.png

Version 2:

broncos_member1.png

Edited by gobadgers77

I like this idea. Just a simple change that would be pretty cool.

Yeah I mean I'll make them but I want confirmation from BLUE or somebody that this can be done before I waste time making them lol.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Yeah, I'm kinda confused as well. You mean replace the bars under our avatars that say what member rank we are with our favorite NFL team???? If so, I kinda like the way it is. But the staff will talk it over, regardless.

I think he's talking about changing the backgrounds of the bars under the avatars to match each individual skin. For example, put the Dallas Star in the background of the bar when using the Dallas Cowboys skin.

Ahh alright here I'll do a simple example:

steelers_member.png

So if you have the Pittsburgh Steelers background skin selected, this will appear instead of the standard member bar. The standard one will still appear if you're on the old regular skin.

Also this isn't very good cuz I did this real quick. Just made it to show you guys what I was talking about.

The team logo is in the background, and the glow is now the secondary color of the team (yellow in this situation).

Edited by gobadgers77

i'm cool with looking just a little further down to see the "NFL Team: *team name*"

:shrug:

i'm cool with looking just a little further down to see the "NFL Team: *team name*"

:shrug:

I know that there's that I was just suggestion this so the bars matched the theme you used. Idk.

Any decision? I'm assuming no since there was no response.

You're not being ignored, bro....I'm just waiting for other staff members to chime in with their opinions....:yep:

It's currently being discussed in the staff section. Expect a response within a day or two....:yep:

Edited by BLUE

You posted this like... 12 hours ago... Give it time, and you will here back from us.

hear*

And I see no harm in it. Not sure what the rest of the staff is thinking, but if you've got designs lined up, I'd like to see them.

You posted this like... 12 hours ago... Give it time, and you will here back from us.

Shit lol I didn't think it'd take this long to discuss something as simple as this haha.

Do you guys wait to get all staff members opinions on everything before you make changes? If so, no rush, take your time lol.

Shit lol I didn't think it'd take this long to discuss something as simple as this haha.

Do you guys wait to get all staff members opinions on everything before you make changes? If so, no rush, take your time lol.

It's nice to get input from everyone, or at least a majority before making changes to the site that we all have to see every day.

Also, if you could line up one of the graphics gurus (or were you planning to take on this challenge?) to agree to such a workload, it would make things go a lot smoother.

Looks a bit too messy IMO. I like the way it is personally...though I don't think SBB coded the new member tags I made for the team skins anyway.

It's nice to get input from everyone, or at least a majority before making changes to the site that we all have to see every day.

Also, if you could line up one of the graphics gurus (or were you planning to take on this challenge?) to agree to such a workload, it would make things go a lot smoother.

I could do them all within an hour if I got the PSD for the ones you use now. Idk who to ask though, Dmac?

Oh and Ranga that was just a quick example cuz I didn't know if you guys knew what I was talking about.

I'll come up with other styles that are cleaner and more professional looking.

Edited by gobadgers77

If we're worried about it being messy, then just make it an "alt" skin for each team. Then people can choose to have it or not.

Looks a bit too messy IMO. I like the way it is personally...though I don't think SBB coded the new member tags I made for the team skins anyway.

If they have already been done, why let them go to waste? Solves both issues.

I don't want to make this really complicated for you guys lol..If it's a lot of work for you then forget about it.

And rzb, I haven't done any yet. I'm waiting until they tell me yes/no to do them.

And rzb, I haven't done any yet. I'm waiting until they tell me yes/no to do them.

I thought Ranga was saying he had made some when he created the skins in the first place.

My mistake.

Okay here's version one of "member" for the Broncos skin:

broncos_member.png

:Suicide:

I tried replicating the current style (didn't work out well) then giving them a gradient map of the team's colors. Member now also has a stroke that goes from light orange to dark orange, to make it more visible against the Logo in the background.

Version 2 (I'l post all the version in teh main post for easy comparison)

Added lighting to the back and front of the broncos logo, and added a 3d effect to the actual logo.

broncos_member1.png

fucking posted in the wrong thread wtf T_T

on the topic, they look alright. but keep in mind not everybody uses the same skin. so someone using the packers skin will see the broncos member bar and notice how it doesn't blend with the rest of the skin.

Edited by funnygunny

fucking posted in the wrong thread wtf T_T

on the topic, they look alright. but keep in mind not everybody uses the same skin. so someone using the packers skin will see the broncos member bar and notice how it doesn't blend with the rest of the skin.

You would have different bars for each team... As is the proposed suggestion. :yep:

And it's kinda fail SBB never uploaded the new ones... haha