funnygunny

Changes to GFX section

Just so you know and come here and be like "LOLWTFBBQ where did everything go??", this section is getting re-vamped for activity and resource awesome etc. The changes include:

1) Sections for sigs and Walls/LPs to make it more organised. Respective threads will be moved into the appropriate sections. The main sub-forum "in which you are in now" will be for future important threads, SOTWs and battleness.

2) Sub-forums for the resource section, i.e. PSDs and tutorials. More scary tutorials and plug-ins to come for the future.

3) And the main addition, the new cut gallery that for each sport that will be implemented.

Already have several cuts by myself and I'm sure others will contribute. Also seeking the permission to use cuts from other websites such as SportsCoverWorld (where they have tonnes) and other cutters around the interwebz of the like. It will all be very massive and awesome.

Thanks for your co-operation and big thanks to BLUE for making it possible.

Edited by funnygunny
  • Upvote 2

sup fungun, ill contribute my cuts

• Upvote 2

sup fungun, ill contribute my cuts

??? What.

And, yeah I make a ton of cuts I can make my own thread for all of them.

Also I can post a few "basics" tutorials on how to help the GFX noobs who don't know things like adjustments and what not. Won't be much but just to help out.

Lol i know him from other sites.

ya thanks sarge. by the way, might need a name change because we already have a "sarge" on the site, lmao.

and sounds good gobadgers. all the cuts will go in the cut section under their respective teams with credit to the cutters. i just needa finish my final exams and then i can get this thing going. i'll make a void PSD soon.

• Upvote 1

I'll help you with the void if you want. And yeah, I'll try to think of a different name.

What's a void? Sorry I'm not good with GFX terminology.

a void would be a little square box in which you have a preview of the cut

• Upvote 1

And normally the players name and the website logo

Oh, what I was gonna do in my thread was have something like this:

:panthers:

Steve Smith:

[link to cut 1]

[link 2]

[link 3]

Cam Newton:

[link to cut 1]

[etc.]

And sort everything by team.

Edited by gobadgers77

nah, too messy IMO. when you have nice boxes of each cut with the preview of the player, its much easier to navigate and more organised. when i get a preview up (hopefully by tonight or tomorrow), i'll demonstrate.

• Upvote 1

Well if you wanna do it for me then sure. But I think it'd be more complicated for me to do the void things or whatever you're talking about.

Nah, if you do it the way you want t it gets really disorganized and hard to update and work with.

Great job Funny, its about time someone revamped... I hope that I can start finding some time to get back into this ish...

• Upvote 1

When you guys do these cuts, post them up so that we can approve them... Or not...

A cut section could do wanders, i'll get some up later this weekend.

• Upvote 1

good point Dmac, and "wonders*"? d:

the cuts from Sarge and another dude I'm using are already cut gallery quality. i'll make a thread for submission for others though.

One thing I think we could use more of are tutorials.....I know they are time consuming and whatnot, but for GFX n00bs like me, they really do help a lot....So, if any of you GFX monsters have any you've done, or any that you have the rights to post, we'd greatly appreciate you posting them in the "Tutorial" subsection.....

Thanks in advance, peeps.....:yep:

Edited by BLUE

One thing I think we could use more of are tutorials.....I know they are time consuming and whatnot, but for GFX n00bs like me, they really do help a lot....So, if any of you GFX monsters have any you've done, or any that you the rights to post, we'd greatly appreciate you posting them in the "Tutorial" subsection.....

Thanks in advance, peeps.....:yep:

Yeah like I said I'd do some of those cuz nooby things are the only things I can explain well.

I just don't wanna waste my time if nobody is interested in beginner level tutorials then I won't need to make any.

• Upvote 1

Yeah like I said I'd do some of those cuz nooby things are the only things I can explain well.

I just don't wanna waste my time if nobody is interested in beginner level tutorials then I won't need to make any.

Beginner level tutorials are definitely beneficial, IMO....I'm sure many of the GFX monsters we have now started with beginner level tutorials, and I'm sure we have/will have either current posters or n00bs that would benefit from some beginner level tutorials.

Of course, it's up to you, bro.....:yep:

indeed.

and alot more will be added to my Skillz that Killz thread once i'm finished with exams for the benefit of everyone :D

Speaking of tutorials, I should make one for animated .gifs, since that is like the only thing I ever get requests for, GFX-wise, for avatars and signatures.....:yep:

Edited by BLUE

yes you should. was trying the other day and had no idea what i was doing, lmfao.

all cut gallery threads are set up (except NCAA which will be a bit more complicated) with the help of gobadgers.

we'll start getting cuts in on the weekend.

okay

here's what the void will look like:

dexmclus.png

and here is the void PSD: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8ce2iyi4g3236n

when your cuts have been approved, use that psd to make a void of it to use in the cut gallery. make the render size roughly the same so it is consistent. clicking the void will then take you to the cut.

check the kansas city cut gallery to see this example: http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54567-kansas-city-chiefs/

Edited by funnygunny