Sign in to follow this  
AL_Royalty

Tim Tebow thread: Chime In

Well, Tim Tebow is now 4-1 as a starter this season and has a team left for dead one Oakland loss away from being in first place. What's even crazier is that with every win, he gives both his supporters and detractors more fuel for the fire for their argument.

His throwing motion is slow and clunky, his footwork in the pocket is sloppy, and he has definite accuracy issues to say the least, but he gets it done: he wins. In fact, in three of Tebow's four wins, the Broncos had to overcome second half deficits. Against Miami and the NYJ, Tebow led game tying/winning drives at the end of the fourth quarter.

Against NY, he took his team 95 yards at the end of the game and ran in a TD from 20 yards out with under a minute to go. After the game he sat with the NFL network guys. They couldn't get enough of him. Not only is he winning football games, but he's apparently impossible to dislike.

However there are still those who want to see this kid fail, for whatever reason. That's what this thread is for: Let us know if you love, hate, or are indifferent to Tim Tebow and why.

• Upvote 1

Tebow is truly a great person, and he's a reminder to me that anything is possible when you have faith in God and put all your trust in him. And I agree with what he says theoretically. I won't to see him succeed, and seeing him succeed is the only reason I watched the game last night.

What I hate is these blinders that people tend to put on when it comes to Tebow. lol.

• Upvote 2

Tebow is truly a great person, and he's a reminder to me that anything is possible when you have faith in God and put all your trust in him. And I agree with what he says theoretically. I won't to see him succeed, and seeing him succeed is the only reason I watched the game last night.

What I hate is these blinders that people tend to put on when it comes to Tebow. lol.

I as a Chiefs fan, am not supposed to say what I'm about to say, but I'm rooting for the guy too. I don't want him beating the Chiefs anymore, but he's a scrappy young QB who SOOOO many people hate on for being a good person. I don't get that. Folks would rather see where a guy like T.O. is gonna land, or celebrate Vick than root for a guy who just wants to win football games any way he can. He'd play special teams, LB, etc. if his coach wanted him to.

Blinders? What do you mean by blinders?

• Upvote 1

They let their pre-conceived opinion color everything they see about him. (My interpretation, obviously.)

I.e.- The people who don't like him won't give him credit for anything he does, even if it undoubtedly deserves credit. On the other hand, the people who do like him give him all the credit for everything, even the play of the defense.

Denver is playing as a team. Tebow deserves some credit, but not all.

• Upvote 1

Tim Tebow's not winning games in the way we're used to seeing them won, but he's still getting the job done. He's under 50.0% accuracy but he's also 7-1 in his TD/INT ratio. He's pulling out close wins and has managed to bump his record to 4-1 as a starter. The guy might not be the type of QB we're used to seeing, but it doesn't matter as long as he helps guide them to wins.

As an individual Tebow's a great guy. He's a nice, well-spoken individual both on and off the field and always shows class no matter what the outcome of the game. He's always the first in line to smile and congratulate the other team whether they won or lost and shows the same kind of respect when interviewed. He participates in charity work and promotoes it as well. I'm not a big religious individual but I find it to be a respectable quality that he prays before the game and thanks God afterwards. "Tebowing" can be funny but in all honesty it's a very respectable thing to do.

Tim Tebow isn't "Jesus" as people are putting on their jerseys, but I can't help but respect the guy for helping the Broncos to win games with his unorthodox methods as well as being a class act on and off the field. Keep up the good work Tebow. You've earned my respect. :yep:

• Upvote 1

I.e.- The people who don't like him won't give him credit for anything he does, even if it undoubtedly deserves credit. On the other hand, the people who do like him give him all the credit for everything, even the play of the defense.

Denver is playing as a team. Tebow deserves some credit, but not all.

^that...

As much as I'd like to see the guy succeed, I don't see it happening. The team is working together fine now, but if it weren't for the defense they likely would have lost a couple more games. It's great for now and he's fun to watch for the final 8 minutes or so of a football game, but eventually his play style won't work, especially against high powered offenses, because he won't ever be able to keep up. He may play out the season, but I highly doubt he plays through the next year. He might still be on the Broncos though for goal-line work and some wild cat option plays here and there.

If he had any accuracy on his throws and his receivers helped him out a little more, it'd go a long way towards the offense looking better.

• Upvote 1

The Broncos got rid of their primary weapon in Brandon Lloyd before Tebow started. That would definitely have helped him, if only to take pressure off of Eric Decker so he wasn't covered by the #1 CB on the other team.

There's no way Fox replaces him as long as he keeps winning. If the Broncos do end up getting a home playoff game, courtesy of taking the AFC West, then anything can happen.

I as a Chiefs fan, am not supposed to say what I'm about to say, but I'm rooting for the guy too. I don't want him beating the Chiefs anymore, but he's a scrappy young QB who SOOOO many people hate on for being a good person. I don't get that. Folks would rather see where a guy like T.O. is gonna land, or celebrate Vick than root for a guy who just wants to win football games any way he can. He'd play special teams, LB, etc. if his coach wanted him to.

I like the guy a lot, and his post-game speech about "never see a team player harder" is what won me over. I want to see him succeed, and am having a good hearty laugh as he does because John Fox and John Elway have done everything they possibly could to make sure he doesn't win games as a starter. Trade their best offensive weapon? Check. Turn the offense into a one-dimensional unit? Check. That's the one that backfired on him. They wanted to show the NFL that TeBoss' strengths don't succeed in the NFL. Well...nice work, guys! I just hope he keeps winning. He's easy to like.

He's not to hate. People who know he's a better person than they are, those are the folks that hate Tim Tebow. You know, if he was a Muslim, the hatred of his faith and the mocking gestures the Lions made would have drawn fines.

All echoing my thoughts. Well done, guys. :yep: Especially the bolded part at the end, which is damn true and it's a fucking joke.

You know, if he was a Muslim, the hatred of his faith and the mocking gestures the Lions made would have drawn fines.

Completely agree on this part. And he handles even this with complete class. It was nothing but mocking when the Lions did it. This is someone who is praying to God. Whether or not you agree with his faith, mocking what he does is simply classless- and as Bware pointed out, would likely have drawn some sort of punishment had he been of a different religious persuasion. Yet he's taken the whole thing as, frankly, I would have expected him to.

The man's character was never in question for me. People love to go after him because they don't believe someone could actually be "that good," and the argument I hear a lot is that he thinks he's better than other people because he's a virgin, or does charity work, or gives glory to God, (you fill in the blank). Anyone who's listened to him knows he would never believe or say something like that, the man is the epitome of humility.

He is a great example for a religion that was running out of them.

• Upvote 1

John Elway has done nothing by make an ass of himself this year. Wow.

I've never seen a guy look so mad after his team won a game. When he was clapping after Tebow scored the game winner, it looked like he was gritting his teeth and holding back curses.

Elway's mad because Tebow ruined their epic plan.

One month ago:

Elway calls Fox into his office.

Elway: Okay Fox, Orton's not our QB, we need to get another one.

Fox: Right, we're looking good right now for a 2 or 3 win season and then maybe we can grab Andrew.

Elway: Yeah, so lets put in Tebow just to shut up the fans that are calling for him, show how bad of a QB he is, and then we can draft Luck next year and get Tebow out of here.

Fox: Right. But we need to make sure he doesn't have a chance in hell to succeed first, just in case.

Elway: Hmm, you're right. I know! Let's trade Brandon Lloyd so he doesn't really have any WRs to throw to.

Fox: Good idea, I'll go do that.

Elway: Let Brandon know we'll get him back once we have an actual QB in there.

After Tebow beats the Jets on National Television:

Elway: FUUUUUU!!!!!

Edited by Thanatos19

That's actually the gist of it. Elway wants his guy... now he has to trade up to get him! Oh boy.