Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

2011-2012 NBA Rumors Thread

So... Kendrick Perkins...

kendrick_perkins_drops_pounds_bucking_the_lockout_trend.jpg

:eek:

Holy shit dude...

Guest Phailadelphia

Yup, Perk lost 30 lbs in the offseason. There are some videos out there of him working on a post game too. He looks like he can actually move now. That weight loss will help a lot with his knees and the fast-paced game OKC plays.

Kevin Durant put on 10 lbs as well. Dude's gonna be dangerous this year.

Yup, Perk lost 30 lbs in the offseason. There are some videos out there of him working on a post game too. He looks like he can actually move now. That weight loss will help a lot with his knees and the fast-paced game OKC plays.

Kevin Durant put on 10 lbs as well. Dude's gonna be dangerous this year.

That entire team is going to be dangerous this year. Especially if Russell can get over himself and just play.

So the Clippers starting lineup:

PG - Chris Paul

SG - Chauncey Billups

SF - Caron Butler

PF - Blake Griffin

C - DeAndre Jordan

:yep:

Edited by KiLaSix9

Agent: Landry agrees to one-year contract with Hornets

Posted Dec 15 2011 12:17PM - Updated Dec 15 2011 2:22PM

WESTWEGO, La. (AP) -- The Hornets have wrapped up an agreement on a one-year contract with free agent Carl Landry, who is expected to step back into the starting power forward spot he had late last season and during New Orleans' first-round playoff series.

Landry's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said the deal is worth about $8.8 million.

Hornets general manager Dell Demps and coach Monty Williams "did an unbelievable job communicating to him how bad they want him back, and what they were trying to build," Bartelstein said. "Carl really enjoyed playing for Monty."

The deal on Thursday morning came less than 24 hours after the Hornets traded All-Star guard Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers for shooting guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman and forward Al-Farouq Aminu.

Aminu is a second-year player who is likely to back up the 6-foot-9 Landry, who averaged 11.8 points and 4.1 rebounds in 23 games with the Hornets. Landry was acquired in a trade with Sacramento last season and initially backed up David West, but moved into a starting role when West injured his left knee. West, who was a free agent after last season, decided last weekend to sign with Indiana, opening the way for Landry to return as the likely starter.

"He understands the system. He really thrived later in the season after the injury to David West," Demps said. "He had some big-time moments for us in the playoffs last year. We want to grow on that. ... He fits our system and we're excited about the agreement."

Bartelstein said his client agreed to only a one-year deal because of the Hornets' "uncertain ownership situation." The team is currently owned by the NBA, but is hoping to have local ownership by mid-January or February, team officials have said.

Still, Landry was willing to give the Hornets at least one more season and remain open to signing an extension if the ownership situation becomes more stable, Bartelstein said.

"He's going to have a great year and we'll obviously revisit things in a few months from now," Bartelstein said.

This is the news I was waiting for. I was hoping Houston would push to get him back when they didn't get Gasol, but if I was Carl Landry, I'd never even consider being a Houston Rocket again after Morey traded him when he was having his breakout year. This guy would be pushing for all-star votes if Houston would have hung on to him and allowed the chemistry between him and Lowry to continue to develop. The fact of the matter is that letting Landry go is Houston's biggest fuck up in recent memory. Then again, trading everything for Pau Gasol would have made Houston the laughingstock of the league, so at least that didn't happen.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Jeff Green will miss the entire 2011-12 season due to an aortic aneurysm which will require surgery.

Green is only 25 years old, and obviously we're more concerned about his health than the fantasy implications of his illness. The good news is that the problem was detected before it turned into something tragic, and it is not considered career-ending. Boston will void his contract and is now perilously thin at backup SF/PF, and will likely pick up a free agent or two in the coming days. Dec 17 - 11:25 AM

Source: Paul Flannery on Twitter

I read about Green earlier today. Big blow to the team. Not because hes such a great player or is a key to the team by any means. Its just the Celtics were already thin at the F/C positions and now were just depleted. I wonder if they can make a move for Leon Powe and bring him back since he's a FA.

Guest Phailadelphia

Damn, I hope Green gets back on his feet next year.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers will trade guard Brandon Rush to the Golden State Warriors for forward Louis Amundson.

The Indianapolis Star first reported the deal. Mark Bartelstein, the agent for both players, confirmed the move on Sunday.

Rush averaged 8.9 points and 3.6 rebounds in three seasons for the Pacers. The Pacers considered him a part of the core group of young players, but the team eventually added enough talent at his position to make him expendable.

Rush showed great potential at times, but also found trouble. He was suspended for the first five games last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Amundson has averaged 4.1 points and 3.7 rebounds in four seasons with Utah, Philadelphia and Phoenix. He shoots 52 percent from the field for his career.

Baron Davis has committed to sign with the New York Knicks, according to sources close to the situation.

The deal could be formally completed as soon as Sunday, sources said.

Davis cleared waivers Friday after he was released through the amnesty clause in the new labor agreement by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Los Angeles radio host John Ireland said on the air Monday that a reliable source of his says the Nets will execute a trade for Dwight Howard on Tuesday.

Ireland points out that his source correctly reported the LeBron James and Chris Bosh to Miami deal last year, and for what it's worth Ireland is well-connected within the Lakers scene and thus is within arm's distance of the trade action. This could mean that Brook Lopez is heading out, but then again we'll need to see where all of this goes. Dec 19 - 8:30 PM

Source: Lakers Nation

How nice of that guy to report that Nets "rumor". Too bad it will never happen in this universe. D12 is staying in O-Town.

How nice of that guy to report that Nets "rumor". Too bad it will never happen in this universe. D12 is staying in O-Town.

Until July when he signs with Dallas, LA, or Brooklyn. :laugh:

I watch ESPN too.

Okay?

What exactly makes you think Dwight will actually stay in Orlando?

Take the fucking blinders off, bud. :laugh:

As much as I want D12 to stay he won't...we either trade him or he walks free...he's already made up his mind and has said that the trade request is still there...

With Brook Lopez out with the foot fracture that pretty much eliminates the Nets...

Edited by BucD

What makes you think he'll leave? Because ESPN said it?

If Dwight plays out the whole year with the Magic and they go deep into the playoffs he isn't leaving. Even if they only make it into the second round, I don't think he's leaving. Why?

If he leaves and goes to any of the three teams you mentioned, he leaves over $40 million on the table. To do what? To play with a Laker team with an aging core, a Mavs team with an aging core, and a Nets team who still needs to build a team around Dwight and Deron. Heck, even the Nets have no clue if Deron will want to stay now. If Dwight’s decision is purely about playing in a large market, then alright I could POSSIBLY see it, but even then he’s leaving a ton of money on the table in every scenario. This fact is only exacerbated with the Nets and the Lakers, because both states have state income taxes (whereas Florida and Texas don’t) and the cost of living in New York and LA is roughly two times higher than what it is in Texas and Florida.

If Howard becomes a straight up FA in 2012, the Magic can offer TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars over what other teams can. Howard wants a ring, but that’s a lot of money to walk away from. And you can say Lebron "did that" with Cleveland but he didn't. He went to Florida where there is no state tax and got more than he would've gotten in a larger market like Chicago or New York.

Edited by jackhammerslam

If Dwight plays out the whole year with the Magic and they go deep into the playoffs he isn't leaving. Even if they only make it into the second round, I don't think he's leaving. Why?

If he leaves and goes to any of the three teams you mentioned, he leaves over $40 million on the table. To do what? To play with a Laker team with an aging core, a Mavs team with an aging core, and a Nets team who still needs to build a team around Dwight and Deron. Heck, even the Nets have no clue if Deron will want to stay now. If Dwight’s decision is purely about playing in a large market, then alright I could POSSIBLY see it, but even then he’s leaving a ton of money on the table in every scenario. This fact is only exacerbated with the Nets and the Lakers, because both states have state income taxes (whereas Florida and Texas don’t) and the cost of living in New York and LA is roughly two times higher than what it is in Texas and Florida.

If Howard becomes a straight up FA in 2012, the Magic can offer TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars over what other teams can. Howard wants a ring, but that’s a lot of money to walk away from. And you can say Lebron "did that" with Cleveland but he didn't. He went to Florida where there is no state tax and got more than he would've gotten in a larger market like Chicago or New York.

lol I hardly watch ESPN and what makes me think it is because he himself has said it...the trade request is still on the table...

He has his reasons and I think playing for a large market is a HUGE factor in his decision. Some times it's not all about money...

Don't get me wrong. I want him to stay, but every indication says he won't.

BTW...side note...I'm excited about the potential of Justin Harper...

lol I hardly watch ESPN and what makes me think it is because he himself has said it...the trade request is still on the table...

He has his reasons and I think playing for a large market is a HUGE factor in his decision. Some times it's not all about money...

Don't get me wrong. I want him to stay, but every indication says he won't.

BTW...side note...I'm excited about the potential of Justin Harper...

Kobe said he wanted to leave too, right? Right? Dwight wants the Magic to get better like Kobe did. If the Magic improve and show him they'll do what it takes to win, its pretty assuring he'll stay. Also, you mentioned the playing in a large market but even then that's a long shot. How much more exposure is he really going to get? He got the most votes ever for an NBA player in an All Star game the last two years and has endorsements with a ton of products. Dallas is the only realistic option outside of Orlando and even then I think Dirk would be recruiting DWill to Dallas as well. The Lakers are not going to have cap room to sign Howard outright at the end of the year so their only chance to really land him is through a trade.

Also...if Dwight REALLY, REALLY wanted to be traded he'd be way more open and public (as well as demanding about it). Instead he has said he would be open to a trade but if the Magic can move the right pieces into place he would stay. If Dwight wants out 100% he would be doing it now, not letting the Magic work through it. Why? If Howard isn’t traded by the New Year, he’ll lose Bird Rights with whatever team trades for him...which costs Howard millions of dollars on his new contract. Those millions would help them retain Howard in the offseason because they’d have a financial advantage over other teams’ offers to Howard as a FA.

Really though, Howard's free agency all comes down to what Otis Smith does or doesn't do.

I don't know, maybe because he requested to be traded and clearly wants out? Have you listened to him when he was being interviewed a week or two ago? The dude sounded like he wanted absolutely no part of staying in Orlando.

So, you're saying the reason he's going to stay in Orlando is because the cost of living is better there? My god, you're reaching here, dude. If he has a chance to play with a contender in a large market, he's gonna take it and run with it. He might be leaving a lot of money on the table, but does it really matter when he's already pulling in a shit ton of money? Seriously, that $40 mil left on the table will probably be canceled out by the money he's getting from commercial deals, sneaker deals, and all other kinds of shit.

I don't know, maybe because he requested to be traded and clearly wants out? Have you listened to him when he was being interviewed a week or two ago? The dude sounded like he wanted absolutely no part of staying in Orlando.

So, you're saying the reason he's going to stay in Orlando is because the cost of living is better there? My god, you're reaching here, dude. If he has a chance to play with a contender in a large market, he's gonna take it and run with it. He might be leaving a lot of money on the table, but does it really matter when he's already pulling in a shit ton of money? Seriously, that $40 mil left on the table will probably be canceled out by the money he's getting from commercial deals, sneaker deals, and all other kinds of shit.

- OK. His list of teams he said at that time he would resign with at seasons end: Dallas, LA, New Jersey, and...Orlando. So please can your "he wants nothing to do with Orlando" crap, thanks.

- You mean all the deals he already has? What new deals is he going to get in LA? Kazaam 2?

Kobe said he wanted to leave too, right? Right? Dwight wants the Magic to get better like Kobe did. If the Magic improve and show him they'll do what it takes to win, its pretty assuring he'll stay. Also, you mentioned the playing in a large market but even then that's a long shot. How much more exposure is he really going to get? He got the most votes ever for an NBA player in an All Star game the last two years and has endorsements with a ton of products. Dallas is the only realistic option outside of Orlando and even then I think Dirk would be recruiting DWill to Dallas as well. The Lakers are not going to have cap room to sign Howard outright at the end of the year so their only chance to really land him is through a trade.

Also...if Dwight REALLY, REALLY wanted to be traded he'd be way more open and public (as well as demanding about it). Instead he has said he would be open to a trade but if the Magic can move the right pieces into place he would stay. If Dwight wants out 100% he would be doing it now, not letting the Magic work through it. Why? If Howard isn’t traded by the New Year, he’ll lose Bird Rights with whatever team trades for him...which costs Howard millions of dollars on his new contract. Those millions would help them retain Howard in the offseason because they’d have a financial advantage over other teams’ offers to Howard as a FA.

Really though, Howard's free agency all comes down to what Otis Smith does or doesn't do.

W/e man it could be argued either way...

But what do you think Otis could do?? What moves?? Because obviously he has to make some for there to be a possibility of D12 staying...

W/e man it could be argued either way...

But what do you think Otis could do?? What moves?? Because obviously he has to make some for there to be a possibility of D12 staying...

I don't really know if Dwight will stay or not. I'm just saying its 50-50 whether he goes or not, not this 100% out of town running that ESPN keeps talking about.

Well the Magic already got Big Baby which was one of the players on Dwight's "list". A lot of guys on ESPN and those places thought it was a lateral move. On the other hand, Davis is a better player than Bass. He's clearly in better shape than ever before and he'll play defense unlike Bass. On top of that he can create his own shot off the dribble. Clearly if anyone has been following the Magic since he's acquisition he's already become quite the leader both on and off the court. He's really the first person to fulfill the Horace Grant role since...Horace Grant. I think the Magic are in wait an see mode, though, on other players. I'm sure if a team puts a Stephen Jackson or Iggy on the trade block Otis will try and make a move there. Orlando needs more guys that can create their own shot since Jameer is more of a shoot first PG. Although there's been talk that he's formed into a better passer than before over the layoff (he had 10 dimes on Wednesday) so we'll see what happens. I think if Ryan Anderson breaks out like Hollinger's PER suggests he will then the Magic might have enough shooters to not make any huge moves.

Really like the Larry Hughes signing. He's not on a guaranteed deal so he's not taking the bad shots he used to take (probably since he'd lose his job, quick). He's also a better backup PG than Duhon and plays the perimeter well too. Really excited about Harper, once he adds more weight he'll be a typical SVG fit in the Rashard Lewis mold.

I watch ESPN too.

Dwight Howard wants to win a Championship and unless Orlando can get some legitimate star player to put next to Howard he will not stay in Orlando.

Dwight Howard wants to win a Championship and unless Orlando can get some legitimate star player to put next to Howard he will not stay in Orlando.

If they get to the ECF or Finals I'd believe that would be enough to make him stay. They can pursue big names in the offseason if he commits and offer sign & trades that would include Turk's expiring deal. Also, I posted roughly the same idea in the post above yours...just sayin'.

Edited by jackhammerslam