Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

2011-2012 NBA Rumors Thread

Damn. Tyson Chandler inside with his D and Amare on the offense is sick.

The Knicks are the dumb team who will likely end up with a massively overpaid Tyson Chandler.....

Guest Phailadelphia

Damn. Tyson Chandler inside with his D and Amare on the offense is sick.

If he stays with the team, yeah. There's already talk by "sources" that NYK is doing this deal with CHandler so that they can trade Amar'e for CP3.

Guest Phailadelphia

Oh boy, here we go. The Lakers are going very hard at New Orleans. Offering them Pau Gasol for CP3. If the deal goes through, LAL's next move will be to offer Orlando Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard + any bad contract the Hornets wish to get rid of (Lewis?).

Part of me hopes this happens, part of me doesn't. It'd create (another) super team, but one that I feel like my Thunder match up very well against.

Bynum for Howard?? LMFAO

Who the fuck do the Hornets have that they could add not named CP3??

I have the feeling that the Magic are going to get royally fucked in a trade for Dwight Howard and they're just going to take it and let it happen. :(

@Chris_Broussard:

So 3-team talks w/ LAL have potential. Pau to Hou, CP to LA in this scenario...

Guest Phailadelphia

Bynum for Howard?? LMFAO

Who the fuck do the Hornets have that they could add not named CP3??

I have the feeling that the Magic are going to get royally fucked in a trade for Dwight Howard and they're just going to take it and let it happen. :(

That's how most major Lakers trades go. Looks like the same thing will happen with CP3. Right now the figures look like Pau Gasol to Houston, Kevin Martin & Luis Scola to New Orleans, and CP3 to Lakers. Basically, Houston and New Orleans lose, LAL wins.

@Chris_Broussard:

Caron Butler will sign with LA Clippers for 3 years, $24 million, source says

@incarceratedbob:

#IBNGoonSquad we just shut down Twitter! NBA **BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT** LAKERS HAVE AGREED IN PRINCIPLE 2TRADE FOR CP3 (More parts moving)

The Phoenix Suns have (reportedly) come to terms with former Laker guard, Shannon Brown. The deal is reported to be for one year and $3.5 million. Brown is an extremely athletic 6-4 combo guard who has five years experience in the NBA.

Nothing confirmed.. yet.

@incarceratedbob:

**UPDATED NBA RUMORS**Source: Billups & agent trying to orchestrate a Miami Heat move (Agent telling teams he will be unhappy anyplace else)

lawlBillups

DON'T DO IT!

@Chris_Broussard:

Josh Howard still considering SA, NJ, Den, Utah, Chi and Wash, sources say.

Can we stop using incarceratedbob as a source? The dude is wrong nearly all the time but he got a few NFL free agents right and people think he is legit lol.

Can we stop using incarceratedbob as a source? The dude is wrong nearly all the time but he got a few NFL free agents right and people think he is legit lol.

I used to think that, but no...he IS reporting stuff that happens before others. lol

EDIT: Also he's not a source....it's just rumor shit...that lately has actually happened.

Edited by BucD

Sources: Three-way trade discussed

The New Orleans Hornets are engaged in trade talks with the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets about a three-team trade that would send Chris Paul to the Lakers and Pau Gasol to the Rockets, sources said.

The Hornets would receive either Luis Scola or Kevin Martin, and possibly both, as well as draft picks. Houston owns the New York Knicks' first-round pick from 2012, as well as its own.

The Rockets also have young assets to offer New Orleans in players like Chase Budinger, Patrick Patterson and Jordan Hill.

The Hornets would like to trade Paul, an All-Star and U.S. Olympian, before Christmas to avoid the lengthy drama that Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets went through before he was sent to the New York Knicks last season, sources have told ESPN.com. But the Hornets are also prepared to wait for offers to improve, convinced that they they're getting low-ball proposals from would-be suitors.

Sources previously told ESPN.com that the Lakers have made their willingness to deal forward Gasol for Paul clear to the Hornets, since L.A. is hoping to preserve Andrew Bynum to be the centerpiece of a trade offer for Orlando's Dwight Howard.

As the Knicks were closing in on a deal for Tyson Chandler of the Dallas Mavericks, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Knicks were considering the possibility of sending Amare Stoudemire to the Hornets for Paul, reuiniting him with Chandler.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.

I'm going to fly to Houston and beat the shit out of Daryl Morey if he parts with Kevin Martin for a 31 year old Spaniard who is softer than melting butter.

Edited by BwareDWare94

That's how most major Lakers trades go. Looks like the same thing will happen with CP3. Right now the figures look like Pau Gasol to Houston, Kevin Martin & Luis Scola to New Orleans, and CP3 to Lakers. Basically, Houston and New Orleans lose, LAL wins.

The new CBA was going to make it more fair? Fuck that. If this trade goes down, I'm going to worry about Daryl Morey's safety. What a stupid fucking trade. We need a big man, yeah, but we don't need the softest big man this side of Jordan Hill.

I'm interested in seeing where Carl Landry ends up. OKC would have a scoring big man, if they signed him.

@WojYahooNBA (Adrian Wojnarowski):

The Hornets have started to inform teams that they're sending Chris Paul to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Correction: The proposed deal to the Lakers is Chris Paul for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, source says.

EDIT:

Mother fuck...these people need to get their shit straight...

Hornets working to finalize details on 3-team deal to send Chris Paul to Lakers, Gasol to Rockets and Odom, KMart, Scola to NO, sources say.

Edited by BucD

NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Owners were irate in Board of Governors meeting with Stern, livid that the league-owned Hornets were allowed to make Paul deal, sources say.

The NBA has killed the proposed deal to send Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Edited by BucD

I still think it's a load of crock that there is a league owned team... lol

Guest Phailadelphia

This CP3 deal is a mess.

I still think it's a load of crock that there is a league owned team... lol

It's not a permanent thing...they just need a buyer for the franchise.

Guest Phailadelphia

"The owners half-pushed this through, and Stern took it the rest of the way," a league source involved in nixed trade told Y! Sports. "In the end, David didn’t like that the players were dictating where they wanted to go," source says. League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go."

Oh wow.

LMAO. Is David Stern's power limited in anyway?

Can't wait for tomorrow... lol...

Edit: I will say this, as long as the Hornters are owned by the NBA, CP3 will probably not be traded to a winning team. They want allow it, probably to send a message to all the teams around the league.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

"The owners half-pushed this through, and Stern took it the rest of the way," a league source involved in nixed trade told Y! Sports. "In the end, David didn’t like that the players were dictating where they wanted to go," source says. League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go."

Oh wow.

Good, because Houston would have gotten significantly worse overall.

Lakers and Hornets got fucked by Stern and the other owners. Dan Gilberts bitch ass couldn't stand to see the Lakers get another superstar. Now the Hornets will have to settle for a shittier deal, in which they won't get as much. Either way, they lose. It's a small market franchise. Your not attracting any buyers and CP3 is 110% leaving after this season, which cripples your market. At least with this deal they could have gotten some building blocks and draft picks in return.

I hate the Lakeshow but the way this went down was grimy.

• Upvote 1