Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

2011-2012 NBA Rumors Thread

@Chris_Broussard:

Sources say Dwight Howard will ask Orlando to trade him to NJ today. Trade could take place today.

@Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard:

Sources say Brandon Roy to announce medical retirement due to degenerative knees, possibly as soon as today

The NBA rejecting this is a joke. I don't think the Hornets could have gotten any better of a deal than this.

Guest Phailadelphia

Can't believe Brandon Roy is retiring... :/

Per Rotoworld.com:

Warriors guard Charlie Bell was taken into custody Thursday after showing up to court legally drunk for a hearing on his - get this - drunken driving case.

Bell was held in a holding cell until he "sobered up" after blowing a .09 and is expected back in court on Friday. Bell was arrested in Flint Township on Oct. 21 for drunken driving, driving on a suspended license and failing to stop at a stop sign, and has already been suspended for the first regular season game. This is sure to result in a bigger suspension, if not end his career. He didn't have fantasy value to begin with, and now we're just hoping he gets his act together. Dec 9 - 12:19 PM

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Per Rotoworld.com:

Danny Granger tweeted Thursday night, "Due to the sabotaging of the LA/NO trade by David Stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete brethren Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last name to 'Stern's Bi#&h'"

While it's easy to make jokes about this, there are rumblings that some players may sit out of training camps in protest of this most recent move. Those impulses may subside when players look at the ramifications of sitting out, but there are also legally compliant ways to exercise their distaste. Until Stern gets out in front of this issue, if he can, things continue to spiral out of control for a leaderless NBA. Dec 9 - 1:40 AM

Source: Danny Granger on Twitter

I'm boycotting this season if they don't allow this deal to go through. It has nothing with it being unfair for the Hornets, what more are they going to get. They just cost the Hornets, the Lakers, and Chris Paul possible money (say he goes to LA and signs an extension, now what if he blows out his knee this season).

It is a fucking joke. Let's be frank, the reason this is being denied is because it's a small market trading with a big market, no other reason.

• Upvote 2

I think Stern turning down the Chris Paul trade is ridiculous. Was he dictating where he was going to end up? Sure was. But so were James and Bosh last season. He had no problem with that.

David Stern may have well just killed the Hornets future by turning down this trade. Now Chris Paul will end up playing (or maybe not) this season, and walk away a free agent. When instead, the Hornets could have got some serious fire power for the future years and actually become a solid team. Sure, it would have made the Lakers ridiculous for a few years but Kobe can't play forever. And in long term, it would have helped make the league more balanced imo.

I'd love to say players coming together and protesting this. It's completely ridiculous. One of my co-workers told me CP3 was suing the league for what happened but I haven't read anything of that so I'm not sure if theres any truth to that.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think Stern turning down the Chris Paul trade is ridiculous. Was he dictating where he was going to end up? Sure was. But so were James and Bosh last season. He had no problem with that.

David Stern may have well just killed the Hornets future by turning down this trade. Now Chris Paul will end up playing (or maybe not) this season, and walk away a free agent. When instead, the Hornets could have got some serious fire power for the future years and actually become a solid team. Sure, it would have made the Lakers ridiculous for a few years but Kobe can't play forever. And in long term, it would have helped make the league more balanced imo.

Bosh and James were free agents. Apples and oranges.

I'd love to say players coming together and protesting this. It's completely ridiculous. One of my co-workers told me CP3 was suing the league for what happened but I haven't read anything of that so I'm not sure if theres any truth to that.

The league owns the team so his lawsuit isn't going to be anything but a waste of money.

The Boston Celtics have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal that will send free agent forward Glen Davis to the Orlando Magic in exchange for forward Brandon Bass, according to Bass' agent.

The trade is pending physicals, the agent Tony Dutt said.

The move ends four up-and-down seasons for the mercurial Davis, who won a NBA title with the team his rookie season and blossomed into a key frontcourt contributor.

But his roller coaster confidence and frequent verbal sparring with coach Doc Rivers might have left the Celtics hesitant to commit to him long term. Instead, the team will use their rights to ink Davis to a contract extension before flipping him to Orlando.

In the 6-foot-8, 240-pound Bass, the Celtics get back a very similar player, one coming off his best season as a pro. Bass, a former second-round pick of the Hornets (33rd overall in 2005) started 51 games for Orlando last season, averaging 11.2 points and 5.6 rebounds over 26.1 minutes per game.

Davis averaged career highs at 11.7 points and 5.4 rebounds over 29.5 minutes per game. His shot selection was often questioned (he took 10.3 shots per game off the bench, most of which came from the perimeter).

Davis, a former second-round pick (35th overall in 2007) turns 26 on Jan. 1, while Bass turns 27 in late April. The two players are friendly having grown up together in Baton Rouge and both played collegiately at LSU.

Bass inked a four-year, $16 million contract with Orlando in July of 2009. He is scheduled to make $4 million this season with a player option at the same amount next year.

Hmmm...seems like an even trade and I do agree that while I liked Big Babys heart and passion, I didn't like seeing him getting into it with Doc on multiple occasions.

Edited by KiLaSix9

David Stern had the perfect trade orchestrated to land another superstar in LA and pretty much guarantee the LAL-MIA finals matchup he wants so badly. The only reason he canceled the trade is because some owners called his bluff over "making the NBA more fair to smaller markets."

Aside from that, as a Rockets fan, I'm so glad this didn't work out. We were trading away our only 2 consistent scorers for a player I'd never want on my team in the first place, because Pau is a pussy.

Glen Davis was one of the players on Dwight's "list", so I approve the move.

Cutting Arenas and getting Davis via S&T allows us to use the full MLE. We also are pretty close to the salary cap, not sure if we can bid on amnestied players or not....I'd like Billups as a cheap replacement for Arenas.

Guest Phailadelphia

Trade talks have resumed between Hornets, Lakers, Rockets. Teams were told by league Scola, Martin, and Odom are all late in their careers and provided only a short term future for New Orleans. Need to insert younger players instead. CP3 can still land with the Lakers.

Glen Davis was one of the players on Dwight's "list", so I approve the move.

Cutting Arenas and getting Davis via S&T allows us to use the full MLE. We also are pretty close to the salary cap, not sure if we can bid on amnestied players or not....I'd like Billups as a cheap replacement for Arenas.

Billups has already said that he won't play for any other team other than Miami. Was like a buyers beware thing...

Billups has already said that he won't play for any other team other than Miami. Was like a buyers beware thing...

He never said anyone but Miami. He was warning against bad teams under the cap signing him. If he ends up on a good team, he'll be fine.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Pau Gasol was held from Friday's practice due to a right quad injury.

This is not about his right quad, but rather the Chris Paul fiasco currently under way. The fact that he was held out indicates on some level that the Lakers, Rockets, and Hornets are trying to get a deal done or another deal is in the works. We have practically no concern about Gasol's quad in this case. Dec 9 - 6:57 PM

Source: Mike Trudell on Twitter

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Blazers determined that Greg Oden has suffered a setback with his knee and are negotiating a new one-year deal with less money.

The team apparently did not agree with the assessment made by doctors on Thursday, when he was cleared to 'cut and shoot.' According to beat writer Jason Quick, the team believes there is a much less likely chance that he plays this season. Obviously, Oden should not be drafted and his future in the league appears to be seriously in doubt. Dec 9 - 7:36 PM

Source: Jason Quick on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

What I read was that he didn't want to be on a team that was rebuilding. He obviously wants to try and win a title or two before retiring, which is why people are going to assume he wants to play in Miami.

He never said anyone but Miami. He was warning against bad teams under the cap signing him. If he ends up on a good team, he'll be fine.

The reports I read on Twitter yesterday said that's what he way sayin'...but w/e...I wouldn't be mad if we got him. lol

:shrug:

Magic also get Von Wafer in the Glen Davis S&T. That will surely keep our Christian superstar in town, add an openly homosexual player. :troll:

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Chris Mannix: Fegan says the Orlando gave Howard permission to talk to three teams. New Jersey was one of them.

:happy:

Even though we were never really in it, I just read a tweet basically confirming that Dwight Howard does not want to be a Bull.

First it was LeBron last year (though I didn't want him) now Dwight Howard. Why do all the good free agents avoid Chicago? We needed a good center because Joakim Noah just doesn't cut it. Hopefully he can pull it together cuz he was turnover central in the ECF last year, also couldn't grab a rebound to save his life.

Other Bulls related news, if there are any other Bulls fans:

We're targeting Richard Hamilton of the Pistons (SG). Signs pointing to signing him in the near future.

We held Keith Bogans out of practice which is why most people are almost certain that Hamilton will be a Bull soon.

I'd be shocked if anything we do this offseason helps us in any way. Unless we pull something huge in the next few weeks I don't see an improvement on last year happening.

We're no longer the "new team on the scene" so that effect is gone. We're just another great team mostly cuz of our defense that will probably get around 45 wins or so (with the shortened season). Another choke in the playoffs will just confirm our dilemma of being unable to bring any new stars to Chi-town. The role players we have now aren't playoff material they just aren't. They're inconsistent as fuck and their inconsistency put too much pressure on D-Rose and when he couldn't do anything we met our demise.

/mini-rant

Guest Phailadelphia

They don't want to come to Chicago because it's cold. Lebron to Miami and Dwight wanting to go to LA is just as much about the weather as it is the franchise. Beach front property or cold as fuck Chicago? I'll take the beach.

I'd keep Noah around if I was yall. Great hustle/team guy. If you're going to dish someone it should be Boozer. That dude is fucking awful (when he's not injured). I think Chicago's best chance to improve was to sign Caron Butler but he's gone to the Clips now. They need a guy who can create his own offense when Rose is getting triple teamed. But you're right, barring some kind of in-season trade the Bulls are destined for more ECF failure. The Heat are going to run all over them until they can find an answer to all the scoring the Heat can hit you with.

Guest Phailadelphia

As for Dwight Howard, there's no doubt in my mind at this point that he's headed to the Lakers. You don't trade away your entire frontcourt for a PG (albeit a great one). They're going to offer Bynum + who knows + picks for Dwight and they're gonna get away with it.

They don't want to come to Chicago because it's cold. Lebron to Miami and Dwight wanting to go to LA is just as much about the weather as it is the franchise. Beach front property or cold as fuck Chicago? I'll take the beach.

I'd keep Noah around if I was yall. Great hustle/team guy. If you're going to dish someone it should be Boozer. That dude is fucking awful (when he's not injured). I think Chicago's best chance to improve was to sign Caron Butler but he's gone to the Clips now. They need a guy who can create his own offense when Rose is getting triple teamed. But you're right, barring some kind of in-season trade the Bulls are destined for more ECF failure. The Heat are going to run all over them until they can find an answer to all the scoring the Heat can hit you with.

Well then...seems there's only one solution...kill King James.

Trade talks have resumed between Hornets, Lakers, Rockets. Teams were told by league Scola, Martin, and Odom are all late in their careers and provided only a short term future for New Orleans. Need to insert younger players instead. CP3 can still land with the Lakers.

Kevin Martin is only 28...