Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

2011-2012 NBA Rumors Thread

I don't think Dwight really knows what he wants. He has all kinds of people (family, friends, agents, players, etc.) telling him to do this or that, and it really sounds like he flip flops all the time. The day after he acknowledged his trade request he backed off and said he loves Orlando and wants to stay but he needs changes in the culture blah blah blah. Then the next day he said his request stands and then a few days later he makes a statement about he is willing to sign with Orlando under the right circumstances.

If he really wanted 100% out, he should be firm on it, but he is not and there is no way the Magic trade him anytime soon until he is. He's leaving the door open to stay and there is no reason for Orlando to give up and move him with the door cracked open still. It isn't because Orlando isn't a big enough city for him either, he has already said no matter what he will continue to live in his Lake Mary home. It isn't also 100% about the players on the roster either. He's complained that SVG is too hard and demanding and wants him to change his coaching style (they just recently met to discuss this), he also says he wants more say with management. So who really knows, how the season goes will determine things. If the team struggles early on, I think he will become disgruntled and his trade "request" may turn into a demand. But if the Magic play well, I could see him easing off. I don't think the Magic are in a rush to move him anyways. Even if Lopez was healthy, that Nets offer is TRASH. The Lakers' offer is no better, they'd have to flip Gasol for more assets to even have a chance IMO. When you look at what the Nuggets, Jazz and Hornets got for their stars and what the Magic are being offered for Dwight Howard, it is pretty much a joke. Dwight is a way more valuable asset than any of the recently traded stars and the offers are worse. Plus those offers will be there all year long anyways.

I don't know what will happen. I could see him staying, I could see him going. But either way, I still love the Magic and I do actually welcome rebuilding if it comes to that. The old days of a young team with lower expectations were not that bad. The high expectations can drive you insane sometimes. We'll land back on our feet eventually anyways, Orlando is an attractive city with the league's best arena and ownership with deep pockets. I just wish we had a GM who wasn't a complete dunce, and he's continued his retard ways by spending more longterm money this offseason. :facepalm:

Edited by Milla4Prez63