AL_Royalty

2012 Coaching Carousel

Per PFT:

Jets officially name Sparano offensive coordinator

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 11, 2012, 12:15 PM EST

Just 12 hours after Brian Schottenheimer “resigned” from the Jets as offensive coordinator, New York just happens to have another guy ready to take the job.

The team announced that Dolphins offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is officially the team’s new offensive coordinator. This was first reported by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen Tuesday night.

It remains to be seen whether Todd Haley arrives as a “passing game coordinator.” Sparano only has called plays for one year of his career and isn’t as experienced in the passing game. Sparano could provide a counterbalance to Rex Ryan’s bluster and add some toughness to the team’s offense.

Ross Tucker of ESPN.com raises an interesting possibility. Could Chad Henne follow Sparano from Miami to New York to provide competition for Mark Sanchez.

As I shouted in the shoutbox earlier...some pretty big news...

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Mort and I are reporting that Donnie, from The Gridiron Palace Forum, should shut the fuck up

:yep:

I agree...

Solid insider info by the ESPN duo...

@kelifulton (Keli Fulton):

ESPN radio is reporting The Dolphins will hire Jeff Fisher. Team is expected to hold a news conference later today. #amcrew

So much for Fisher going to St. Louis because they have a "franchise" QB. Word of advice, they don't.

He can bring in his own guy, or develop Matt Moore further. sounds like a win win to me.

So if Fisher is Miami-bound, does that mean Jeff Ireland is willing to give him final say over personnel decisions?

Schefter is saying Todd Haley will likely go to the Jets now too.

Not so much. The Jets hired Sparano as their new OC.... This whole offseason is one big cluster-fuck. Coaching carousel is a label that only scratches the surface this year. We're still in the 2011 playoffs, and already there is so much movement it's making my head spin...

• Upvote 1

Not so much. The Jets hired Sparano as their new OC.... This whole offseason is one big cluster-fuck. Coaching carousel is a label that only scratches the surface this year. We're still in the 2011 playoffs, and already there is so much movement it's making my head spin...

This couldn't be truer.

Him and Sparano would be a package.

Former Chiefs HC Todd Haley visiting Jets today. Jets could team Tony Sparano as OC, Haley as asst HC, to repace Brian Schottenheimer.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/157085950017667072

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/351/rams-offense

The Rams have received permission to interview Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski for their vacant head coaching position.

Chud's offense vaulted to seventh in the NFL, setting a franchise record for total yards one season after bringing up the rear as the league's worst offense. Along with Cardinals DC Ray Horton, Chudzinski appears to be in the mix as a Plan B replacement while the Rams await Jeff Fisher's decision. According to the Miami Herald, that choice is expected to be announced on Wednesday.

Chud would be a good hire for the Rams, IMO, because he can make Bradford to Blackmon a winning combination.

https://twitter.com/#!/NFLSTROUD/sta...59952740777984

Rick Stroud

Former Bucs coach Raheem Morris has agreed to join the staff of the Washington Redskins

Good for Raheem and I like this hire for the Redskins, assuming he is their DB's coach. Wishing him the best of luck in Washington.

https://twitter.com/....59952740777984

Good for Raheem and I like this hire for the Redskins, assuming he is their DB's coach. Wishing him the best of luck in Washington.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-hire-morris-to-be-defensive-backs-coach/2012/01/11/gIQA0bk6rP_blog.html

yep, he's gonna be the new DB coach, it should be a good move and Raheem is still young enough that he may be able to climb the ladder again and eventually be a head coach again

Jason LaCanfora reports, "Candidates for Falcons OC job include Dirk Koetter, Brian Billick, Tom Clements and Brian Schottenheimer. Interviews start soon"

LOLaCanfora

There is no fucking way Brian Billick will take an OC job...

hahahahaha

Green Bay linebackers coach/assistant head coach Winston Moss is the front-runner for the Oakland Raiders' head coaching vacancy, two league sources told the San Francisco Chronicle. New general manager Reggie McKenzie already put his stamp on the organization by firing coach Hue Jackson after Jackson finished his first and only season with the Raiders with an 8-8 record. New general manager Reggie McKenzie is targeting Green Bay linebackers coach/assistant head coach Winston Moss for the Oakland Raiders head coaching vacancy, according to a report. McKenzie was the director of football operations in Green Bay before taking the Raiders’ GM job, not surprisingly, several Packers assistants have been mentioned as possible candidates, including secondary coach Darren Perry, offensive coordinator Joe Philbin and quarterbacks coach Tom Clements, according to the Chronicle's report. Moss interviewed two previous times with the Raiders as a potential head coaching candidate. Any interviews of Packers’ assistants will likely have to wait until the team’s playoff run concludes.

Source: Sporting News

At least three NFL teams have called Bill Cowher with coaching offers this season. According to Tom Weir of USA Today, Cowher was a guest was on the Dan Patrick Show today with Bonnie Bernstein hosting. Cowher was asked whether his coaching offers were over or under two. Cowher laughed, then said, "Oh, it's over," while not specifying which teams were interested. As for coming back after being away from coaching for five-years, Cowher added, "I don't know if I've ever been that ready, honestly . . . Let me tell you, if there's any doubt, then there's no doubt you're not ready to come back. You have to be all in to take that job."

Source: The Redzone

LOLaCanfora

There is no fucking way Brian Billick will take an OC job...

hahahahaha

Not with what Fox pays him. He'd take a head coaching job though, if someone would give him another shot. :(

@AdamSchefter:

Bucs received permission to interview Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer for their head coaching job

@michaelombardi (Michael Lombardi):

Jets interviewing former Vikings DL Coach Karl Dunbar for a un-named position. Changes happening at Florham Park

EDIT:

@JasonLaCanfora (Jason La Canfora):

Bucs will be speaking to Mike Zimmer, Bengals DC, and Rob Chudzinski, Panthers OC, about head coaching vacancy #insideslant

Edited by BucD

HolderStephenStephen Holder

With Fisher headed to St. Louis, the #Dolphins could take a more serious approach with #Bucs candidate Zimmer. Already interviewed w/MIA

Was thinking the same thing when I saw the Rams hired Fisher.

The Oakland Raiders have extending their list of potential head-coaching candidates to Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers, according to a league source. Miami Dolphins interim coach Todd Bowles will interview for the Raiders' head-coaching vacancy on Friday, and numerous executives throughout the league expect new Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie to give strong consideration to longtime Packers assistant coach Winston Moss as well. McKenzie, who was introduced by the Raiders on Tuesday, said he has a short list of candidates, but the offensive or defensive background of a coach will not influence the choice, and head-coaching experience isn't a prerequisite. He will give his head coach authority to hire his own staff. Regardless, McKenzie is likely to be bringing more Packers personnel with him to Oakland.

Source: NFL.com

@ckparrot (Chris Kouffman):

Hearing the mystery interview on Saturday is Dave Toub for a second interview, which IMO makes him the front runner for the Miami HC job.