AL_Royalty

2012 Coaching Carousel

Per PFT:

Add McCoy, O’Brien to the Jags interview list

Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2012, 6:35 PM EST

The Irish wing of the Jaguars search process has officially been opened.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Jags will interview Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien. John Clayton of ESPN reports that Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy also will be interviewed.

That brings to seven the list of known candidates for the job: interim head coach Mel Tucker, Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski, Cowboys special-teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis, Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, O’Brien, and McCoy.

O’Brien can be interviewed during the bye week. McCoy can be interviewed, with Denver’s consent, after the wild-card game, if the Broncos win. Neither man can be hired until his team’s season ends.

The presence of O’Brien’s name on the list would tend to confirm the notion that he’s not heading for Happy Valley — unless he’s simply trying to build leverage by feigning interest elsewhere.

Lol at the teams looking at Mike McCoy...

It sucks that Zimmer's name hasn't come up with the Bucs yet. I'm really worried they are going to hire Sherman. :facepalm:

I was against Malarkey a few hours ago, but I've grown on it. He has a good track record with QBs.

But I'm not that thrilled with the possible candidates so far. Pretty weak year to go HC shopping.

LolBucs fans. You all hate the coaches that you had and call for their heads. Then they all go bye-bye and you hate every possible name that's thrown out there. Careful what you wish for. lol

Seriously though, most of those names do sound pretty iffy. Still, you're rid of Morris and what not. I don't know that he was really the problem though. I don't watch a lot of Bucs games TBH, so what was so wrong with him? His players quit on him, so there's that, but isn't there a chance that they're just a bunch of unmotivated lazy bones and would have quit on anyone?

Any news on the Shurmur job?

Last I heard, Shurmur isn't going anywhere. They are actively looking for an OC, and Brad Childress is the leading candidate.

With all the fail names being brought up.... Sherman may not actually be half bad.

What's with all the really fail HC candidates this season? Wow.

When Mike Sherman is arguably the best of the bunch, you have some issues.

Edited by Favre4Ever

There will be two new GMs in the NFC North next year.

The Bears have fired Jerry Angelo, and not yet hired anyone. Early reports are that Lovie Smith is SAFE.

The Minnesota Vikings, who had a "triangle of power" for numerous years now, have promoted Director of Pro Personnel man, Rick Spielman to General Manager. Coach Leslie Frazier IS safe for at least another season.

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/34152588/1

But I'm told by a source close to Fisher that of all the jobs, two mainly intrigue him.

One is Indianapolis (though it's not certain the Colts will fire Jim Caldwell). Fisher, I'm told, loves the idea of coaching either Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck (or both). Well, yeah, of course he would. What coach wouldn't?

I'm told another top choice for Fisher is a surprising one--Tampa Bay. Fisher feels the roster is more talented than it shows.

Interesting. I hope the Bucs set up a meeting with Fisher soon. I know he met with the Rams yesterday and is in Miami today.

John Clayton says Fisher will interview with the Bucs tommorrow.

corn.gif Great news.

Also:

@NFLSTROUD: Bucs plan to interview Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray. Will make Bucs compliant with the Rooney Rule
Edited by GoodellFTL

Rick Stroud is also reporting the Bucs will interview Titans DC Jerry Gray.

He say that on SportsCenter?? Don't see it on Twitter...

anyone else think Fisher might see shades of McNair and George in Freeman and Blount? the irony of course being that Fisher cut Blount right before the season last year

Bucs to interview Mike Sherman

TAMPA, Fla. – As expected, one of the first coaching candidates the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reaching out to is Mike Sherman. ESPN's John Clayton reports that the Bucs have made contact with Sherman and are working to schedule an interview in the next few days.

http://espn.go.com/b...to-mike-sherman

anyone else think Fisher might see shades of McNair and George in Freeman and Blount? the irony of course being that Fisher cut Blount right before the season last year

I hope that's what he sees and he take the job. He would attract some good coordinators and FAs...

Any news on the Shurmur job?

Holmgren said he plans to keep Shurmur "for a long time"...for some reason.

• Upvote 1

Holmgren said he plans to keep Shurmur "for a long time"...for some reason.

Shurmur has compromising pictures of Holmgren. It's the only logical explanation.

That or Holmgren has gone batshit insane.

Edited by Thanatos19

@ClaytonESPN (John Clayton):

Jeff Fisher is still waiting for a call from Tampa Bay. Jacksonville seems to be going different direction. No call from them

Jesus...they better at least call him and interview the guy...

:facepalm:

EDIT:

HolderStephen (Stephen Holder):

Just heard from source basically same thing as @ClaytonESPN... That nothing doing yet w #Bucs and Jeff Fisher. Certainly no interview

Edited by BucD

Don't know why we wouldn't at least interview Fisher. Looking more and more like we are going to end up with Sherman.

He's a decent coach... And he has a very good offensive background. Although he does have numerous... er... deficiencies.